Burning plasitc smell

Discus and support Burning plasitc smell in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My xbox X had a burning plastic smell, I have barely used, I didn't realized first because I usually play old games, but lately today playing call of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Santiago Miranda1, May 8, 2023.

1. Burning plasitc smell

My xbox X had a burning plastic smell, I have barely used, I didn't realized first because I usually play old games, but lately today playing call of duty the smell got so bad that make me dizzy

:)

Santiago Miranda1, May 8, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Burning plasitc smell

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox problem.

Do you have any issues with your Xbox when playing right now? Most of the time when there are issues with it's hardware, you will not be able to turn the console on anymore most especially when that is something major.

On your case, just to take precaution, I suggest having this checked already. If you no longer have warranty on the console, you can have this checked with a computer technician locally instead.

For warranty details, you can check here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Burning smell

You mean when you start up, or is it continuous? If it's on start up it's the disc drive and fan engaging
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Burning smell

Glad to help Macchiiato. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Burning smell

Hello Macchiiato, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your console.

This is definitely not normal and should be fixed as soon as possible. If the console was just recently purchased then I'd first recommend returning to the store and seeing if you can do an exchange.

If they are unable to do that then you would need to set up a repair of the console. You can do this at https://account.microsoft.com/devices. Once set up and you have received your shipping label via email you can pack up up the console.

Please be sure to send only the console and nothing else as Xbox does not guarantee that extra items such as cables or controllers will be returned
  6. Macchiiato Win User

Burning smell

Thank you for the reply. I’ll keep an eye on it and if it doesn’t resolve itself I will look into these options
Thema:

Burning plasitc smell

1. Burning plasitc smell - Similar Threads - Burning plasitc smell

2. Constant temporary 'screen burn'

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant temporary 'screen burn': So my xbox series s is constantly leaving a shadow on the screen, like a screen burn. But it goes away when I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back it. This only fixes it for half hour or so. As...
  3. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  4. Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports: If I plug anything in the USB ports I get a strong smell of burning console works fine apart from that (series x) 956df062-b605-4881-8fd2-06b16d180691
  5. Has anyone had the controller boards of two different TVs burn out from the Xbox s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone had the controller boards of two different TVs burn out from the Xbox s?: 2 different TVs: different brands, different ages, different HDMI cables It was definitely the Xbox. Don't give me low power through HDMI talk. Controller boards are lower power as well....
  6. My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb: The trouble only started this morning Thursday 2nd November I have owned my console from new for a couple of years now and never had a problem before today everything else works fine I just can’t...
  7. Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I burn a DVD to my XBX 360 HARD DRIVE?: Can I burn a DVD to my Xbox 360 hard drive? e9e8f71c-7a41-4f4a-81fe-89dbc3ec23dc
  8. New xbox series x burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox series x burning plastic smell: Only playing 1080p game for about an hour and it is almost too hot to touch the side of the xbox series x console. It is on a shelf with plenty of ventilation. The top of the console where the...
  9. Xbox one power brick burning out on only one xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick burning out on only one xbox.: My dad's xbox, no matter which powerbrick, randomly turns off, no matter what games he will play, one powerbrick is 1 year old and one dates back to 2013-2016, both of them don't work on his xbox...
  10. i want to burn a game to a cd or dvd

in XBoX on Windows
    i want to burn a game to a cd or dvd: I want to have a game that can be portable so I think that burning it to a cd or DVD but I don't know how to get the Microsoft store games and just drag and drop it to the cd or DVD but that game...