BUG - Xbox Accessories Windows App - Deleted "Config 1" -> Default Profile -> Uneditable/Can't ...

Discus and support BUG - Xbox Accessories Windows App - Deleted "Config 1" -> Default Profile -> Uneditable/Can't ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought the Elite Xbox One Controller and am using it on PC, I downloaded the Xbox Accessories App to edit profiles/configs but I have the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ThomasLoeb, Aug 15, 2018.

1. ThomasLoeb
    ThomasLoeb Guest

BUG - Xbox Accessories Windows App - Deleted "Config 1" -> Default Profile -> Uneditable/Can't ...

Hi,

I just bought the Elite Xbox One Controller and am using it on PC, I downloaded the Xbox Accessories App to edit profiles/configs but I have the following critical bug:

- First I wanted to replace the actual config (named "Config 1" at the beginning) so I erased it, I mean by this that I erased a config that was already linked to one of the two controller profiles

- The config got perfectly erased and got replaced by a "Default" config for the profile

- I created a new configuration and then tried to assign it to a profile by selecting it in the dropdown menu

- Screen reloads and the config is not at all assigned to the profile I choosed

- Bug then is that I can not assign any new configuration so I am stuck with both "Default" profiles that can not be updated because it awaits for a configuration to be set and then updated

- I tried finding a kind of reset my controller to retrieve this "Config 1" but without success

Hope you will get a clue and/or give me a solution cause I can not use my controller fully right now

Regards,

Thomas

:)

ThomasLoeb, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Elite Controller Configurations On PC

Hello. I am using my xbox elite controller on my windows 10 PC along with the xbox accessories app. I am able to save two configurations to my controller switch #1 & #2. However, I was wondering if it is possible at all to save more that just two configurations
    within the xbox accessories app for me to switch over to later when I need another setup. I want to be able to create a third config and save it in the library where all of the other preset configs are located on the left side of the xbox accessories app which
    currently contain presets for Forza, Gears, and Halo.

When i click "+ New Configuration" I am able to make my third config and save it which shows up correctly on the left side, and I am able to swap it with other configs but when I close and re-open the xbox accessories app the third config that was once in
    the app on the left is now gone.

Is there a way to save a third configuration to the xbox accessories app without it disappearing later on?

Ch0c0lateTurtle, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Xbox controller configurations won't load in slots.

When you select a configuration to load into a slot, it ends up renaming The configuration to config 1, config 2, config 3,, etc.… But it would also, change some of the buttons in the configuration.

RENAISSANCE427, Aug 15, 2018
  4. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

Please click Start, type "Apps & features" select that, Find "Xbox Accessories" and click it, Click "Advanced Options", Click "Reset" you see there. Restart the app and see if that fixed the problem.

ChiefJoboo, Aug 15, 2018
  5. ThomasLoeb
    ThomasLoeb Guest
    Forgot to mention it but I already tried this yeah and did not work, it is like the endpoint called to put a configuration in a profile just fails when there is no actual configuration already set.

Actually the "Default" profile when there is no configuration set looks completely empty (I tried to upload a screenshot but the upload fails too).

ThomasLoeb, Aug 16, 2018
  6. Paulwhatever
    Paulwhatever Guest
    Ive got the exact same problem...did you find a solution yet?

Paulwhatever, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: