Bug or a Newbie problem - Monk - ACT I - Old Tristam Road - Kill Mothers

Discus and support Bug or a Newbie problem - Monk - ACT I - Old Tristam Road - Kill Mothers in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I picked up D3 UE for Xbox one yesterday and started playing Softcore, Normal with Monk class. In the very first Act when I have to kill mothers on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaviTandonMSFT, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Bug or a Newbie problem - Monk - ACT I - Old Tristam Road - Kill Mothers

I picked up D3 UE for Xbox one yesterday and started playing Softcore, Normal with Monk class.

In the very first Act when I have to kill mothers on Old Tristam Road, all the monsters were doing 20000 damage to my level 2 hero and he dies instantly. I have tried everything. There are no internet links mentioning or talking about this problem.

I had to die multiple times, re spawn at same point to make it past all the monsters. I even returned after being level 11 (and killing Leoric easily), they still do 20000 damage and kill me with one hit.

I was able to kill two mothers after they vomited and became vulnerable, bust rest all creatures are not getting hit at all, their health remains full and they kill me with one hit. That is, after I dodge, sneak to them, hit with all spells, they are still
    invulnerable.

Is this expected or somehow the creeps in my level have hit a bug? I am now at level 15 and still afraid to go to that place as I died about 20-30 times trying make a sense out of it.

:)

RaviTandonMSFT, Sep 3, 2014
  2. Looking for casual co-op people?

Started playing yesterday. Softcore, Monk, Level 15 currently.

Added some folks from the thread but so far everyone is well beyond my level. Would appreciate gifts and will return favors.

Also if someone will be kind enough to look at my other thread about the issue I faced in ACT I, old Tristam road. I have many infinite health, 20000 damage monsters that refuse to die.

GT: "sCythE roXx"

3. Mt Woman
    Mt Woman Guest
    Diablo III

Level 30 Monk stuck in Act IV.

Any way to get back to Act III to level up more?

Mt Woman, Sep 3, 2014
  4. Bug or a Newbie problem - Monk - ACT I - Old Tristam Road - Kill Mothers

It most likely was a bug as I don't see the problem anymore. Earlier I had restarted Xbox but that did not fully quit Diablo. Now I specifically played another game in between, quit Diablo. The area got reset, mothers were gone and it was the usual creeps
    that died easily.

Probably will try a new hero after a while and see if that problem still occurs but will pick a new ranged class this time like DH Bug or a Newbie problem - Monk - ACT I - Old Tristam Road - Kill Mothers :)

5. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    A friend of mine had this issue, but we think it was because my level 67 character joined his level 20 charcter. We think the game made the enemies a lot harder (because of my level) but when I left (I only joined him to show off this cool shield) the enemies
    didnt reset back to their normal level, he just kept on getting murdered time and again.

After logging out and back in though it fixed the issue.

Shaggy2000, Sep 5, 2014
  6. Superb deduction Shaggy2000 and this looks like the crux of the issue. A level 70 friend joined my game when I was level 3 and left the game in few minutes while I was travelling to that place. I could never figure out what happened that may have caused
    this, your explanation made that clearer.

What's the best way to report this to Blizzard. I wish I could really go back and grab all the stuff and experience. Funny thing is that on travelling to newer location things were okay but travelling back to previous location creeps will still high health.
    I think the new creep spawning that happens for high level players continues to stay while they are in game, after that it is based on current player.

Maybe I will replay entire thing on infernal once I finish expert and live it again!

RaviTandonMSFT, Sep 5, 2014
  7. The same thing happened with my today I just got it today and a level 70 friend joined and left and I was one spotted every time

monkeystein13, Sep 5, 2014
  8. Bug or a Newbie problem - Monk - ACT I - Old Tristam Road - Kill Mothers

Maybe the multiplayer mechanics were different for Xbox one and 360. Irrespective I have played Diablo 3 for numerous hours since then, one of most fun games and time well enjoyed.

Next time if a friend from high level joins, rather stay back and level up. If he leaves, quit and resume the game to prevent such deaths.

Moderators can now close this thread.

RaviTandonMSFT, Apr 25, 2016
  9. kosterix
    kosterix Guest
    you can trust that stuff like that has been tested to death by blizzard. So it has to do with what you did before that...

kosterix, Nov 1, 2018
  10. kosterix Win User

you can trust that stuff like that has been tested to death by blizzard. So it has to do with what you did before that...
  11. RaviTandonMSFT Win User

Superb deduction Shaggy2000 and this looks like the crux of the issue. A level 70 friend joined my game when I was level 3 and left the game in few minutes while I was travelling to that place. I could never figure out what happened that may have caused
    this, your explanation made that clearer.

What's the best way to report this to Blizzard. I wish I could really go back and grab all the stuff and experience. Funny thing is that on travelling to newer location things were okay but travelling back to previous location creeps will still high health.
    I think the new creep spawning that happens for high level players continues to stay while they are in game, after that it is based on current player.

Maybe I will replay entire thing on infernal once I finish expert and live it again!
  12. RaviTandonMSFT Win User

Maybe the multiplayer mechanics were different for Xbox one and 360. Irrespective I have played Diablo 3 for numerous hours since then, one of most fun games and time well enjoyed.

Next time if a friend from high level joins, rather stay back and level up. If he leaves, quit and resume the game to prevent such deaths.

Moderators can now close this thread.
  13. monkeystein13 Win User

The same thing happened with my today I just got it today and a level 70 friend joined and left and I was one spotted every time
  14. Shaggy2000 Win User

A friend of mine had this issue, but we think it was because my level 67 character joined his level 20 charcter. We think the game made the enemies a lot harder (because of my level) but when I left (I only joined him to show off this cool shield) the enemies
    didnt reset back to their normal level, he just kept on getting murdered time and again.

After logging out and back in though it fixed the issue.
Thema:

1. Bug or a Newbie problem - Monk - ACT I - Old Tristam Road - Kill Mothers - Similar Threads - Bug Newbie problem

2. I CAN'T EDIT MY CLUB... BUG?

in XBoX on Windows
    I CAN'T EDIT MY CLUB... BUG?: I CANNOT EDIT MY CLUB PHOTOS NOR BACKGROUND CLUB PHOTO, IT WOULDN'T EVEN ACCEPT IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS OF MONSTER HUNTER WORLD AS BACKGROUND. I THINK THERE IS A BUG BECAUSE XBOX ENFORCEMENT TEAM...
  3. Fortnite cloud gaming crashing and other bugs

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite cloud gaming crashing and other bugs: Hello, I’m having a tough time playing Fortnite through cloud gaming. My Wi-Fi is strong (250 Mbps), but the game crashes whenever I get near enemies. Even using an Ethernet cable doesn't help....
  4. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  5. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  6. Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Play with friends bug now!!!!!!!: Play with friends view Activision/Blizzard game in Xcloud we cant play Hope Microsoft resolve it soon! submitted by /u/jontebula [link] [comments]
  7. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  8. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  9. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  10. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...