Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS

Discus and support Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Buffalo (Routers): Media Player app won't show video files on NAS Hi, 1st time on the forum so apologies if the below enquiry has been covered already... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by mikt001, Jan 27, 2017.

1. mikt001
    mikt001 Guest

Buffalo (Routers): Media Player app won't show video files on NAS
    Hi, 1st time on the forum so apologies if the below enquiry has been covered already but I can’t find a conclusive answer anywhere.

Kit: Xbox One S

Buffalo LinkStation Live LS-CHL 2.0TB

Both wired on the LAN

I’m trying to play video files from my NAS via the Media Player app on the Xbox, but I’m having some problems:

First, the Xbox shows every folder on my NAS except the one with the movie files in it.

Second, it does show camera folders with video files in them but when I try to access them it just say says “No content”

This where it goes a bit weird. If in the Media Player app I select Music, rather than Video, it does show the folder with movie files. I open it and it also shows the movie files themselves. I click on one and it starts playing the audio from the film.

I go back into Video and the folder disappears again.

Music plays fine. Photos display fine. The NAS is fine. All folders are visible and all video content plays perfectly on the following devices:

o Sony BD player, via wifi

o Asus O!Play, via LAN

o Samsung TV in another room via LAN

o Android tablet with Skifta app, via Wifi

o Windows 7 desktop, via LAN

o Windows 10 laptop, via wifi

o Chromebook, via wifi

So accessing the content over the network is not a problem. It seems the only device in my house that won’t play the media files is the Xbox. But one of the main reasons for getting the Xbox was so that I could get rid of the mountain of hardware under the
    TV and do everything on a single device.

Now I have a bigger pile of hardware, not a smaller one.

Happy to be told I’m being an idiot and the problem is easily resolved. All advise gratefully accepted.

Cheers MikT

:)

mikt001, Jan 27, 2017
  2. Belkrem
    Belkrem Guest
    xbox one a step backwards

all my media is stored on a nas. the xbox 360 used to be able to play all my media from my nas with system media player, but this wonderful leap backwards of a system can't even play videos from a usb key. bring back system media player app or let XBMC develop
    an app for your system. SORT OUT YOU LIFE MICROSOFT.

Belkrem, Jan 27, 2017
  3. RyuOnline
    RyuOnline Guest
    Black issues with an XBOX One S and the media player

Which is the best method of playback from a NAS quality wise.

Media Player (Standard DNLA default app)

Plex app - accessing same files on a plex Server

Entertainment>My films & TV>Personal>Media Servers
    (The interface is different in this method compared to the stock DLNA media player app)

RyuOnline, Jan 27, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: