BT Home Hub: How to fix Strict or Moderate NAT type on BT Home Hub 5

Discus and support BT Home Hub: How to fix Strict or Moderate NAT type on BT Home Hub 5 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways): How to fix Strict or Moderate NAT type on BT Home Hub 5 Sadly after spending a LOT of time on this, you cannot reliably... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by blaz3gamingHD, Aug 5, 2016.

1. BT Home Hub: How to fix Strict or Moderate NAT type on BT Home Hub 5

BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways): How to fix Strict or Moderate NAT type on BT Home Hub 5
    Sadly after spending a LOT of time on this, you cannot reliably use a BT Home Hub 5 and two Xbox One's ... my son and I could not play Destiny together because of this.

How I fixed this was as follows;

I happened to have an old Netgear gateway laying around WDNR700 which is purely a router not a modem. I edited the settings on the Home Hub to disable the WiFi, disabled UPNP and then placed the router into the DMZ.

I then configured the Netgear to have NAT Triggering, assigned mine and my son's Xbox to have fixed IP addresses on the network, and used the Netgear as the WiFi hotspot. Boom, works a dream with us both having Open NAT.

:)

blaz3gamingHD, Aug 5, 2016
  2. chrispyzr
    chrispyzr Guest
    DHCP problem

It's a BT home hub 5- type A

chrispyzr, Aug 5, 2016
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    taidara, Aug 5, 2016
  4. RichardOsbo
    RichardOsbo Guest

Sadly after spending a LOT of time on this, you cannot reliably use a BT Home Hub 5 and two Xbox One's ... my son and I could not play Destiny together because of this.

How I fixed this was as follows;

I happened to have an old Netgear gateway laying around WDNR700 which is purely a router not a modem. I edited the settings on the Home Hub to disable the WiFi, disabled UPNP and then placed the router into the DMZ.

I then configured the Netgear to have NAT Triggering, assigned mine and my son's Xbox to have fixed IP addresses on the network, and used the Netgear as the WiFi hotspot. Boom, works a dream with us both having Open NAT.

RichardOsbo, Aug 27, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nat settings strict bt hub