BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: My Xbox is telling me my WIFI password is wrong and it definitely ...

Discus and support BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: My Xbox is telling me my WIFI password is wrong and it definitely ... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways) BT Home Hub 5: My Xbox is telling me my WIFI password is wrong and it definitely isn’t The only thing I can suggest is... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JoshBryantMCFC, Aug 19, 2018.

1. BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: My Xbox is telling me my WIFI password is wrong and it definitely ...

BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways) BT Home Hub 5: My Xbox is telling me my WIFI password is wrong and it definitely isn’t
    The only thing I can suggest is log on to the BT home hub page via any device make sure your 2.4 and 5ghz channels are not separated to start. make sure smart setup is off also.

Double check your password in the advanced area then enter the password again on the xbox.

Do a hard reset of your xbox by holding the power button for about 10 seconds until power off, then turn off the BT hub and let that reboot also

:)

JoshBryantMCFC, Aug 19, 2018
  2. xXSNUFFERXx
    xXSNUFFERXx Guest
    BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: X Box One X Wont connect to BT Smart Hub

BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways) BT Home Hub 5: X Box One X Wont connect to BT Smart Hub
    Ive just changed ISP from Sky Fibre to BT Infinity so no real change in speed yet when I try to connect my Xbox One X to xbox live the new BT Smart Home Hub it wont do it for more than 10secs then disconnects then reconnects etc etc on the sky hub never
    had an issue once with this, I have managed to connect by wifi to the BT home hub but im not a great fan of wifi for gaming so any help would be appreciated.

xXSNUFFERXx, Aug 19, 2018
  3. BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: wireless connection issue

BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways) BT Home Hub 5: wireless connection issue
    Im having the same problem.

RisingDragoon83, Aug 19, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: My Xbox is telling me my WIFI password is wrong and it definitely ...

Short term solution:

Try connecting to another network and just enter a false password and then go back to yours

Long term solution:

To confirm the password for a wireless network using a Windows based computer that is already connected to the network, do this:

Click Start

SelectControl Panel.

Click Network and Internet.

Click Network and Sharing Center.

Click Manage Wireless Networks.

Right-click the name of your wireless network, and then select Properties.

Click the Security tab, and then click the Show characters check box. Once you have verified the correct password for your wireless network, test your Xbox Live connection again

Note If the option to Show Characters is not available, you may not be logged in with the Administrator account on the computer.

M3tal Daz3, Aug 19, 2018
  5. Amph82626463
    Amph82626463 Guest
    These things happen sometimes! Sometimes just a simple reset is all it takes. From time to time mine does the same thing, just a power cycle should be enough to help. If not try seeing if the modem needs to be reset or try an Ethernet. Best of luck!

Amph82626463, Aug 19, 2018
  6. Madasahat
    Madasahat Guest
    The only thing I can suggest is log on to the BT home hub page via any device make sure your 2.4 and 5ghz channels are not separated to start. make sure smart setup is off also.

Double check your password in the advanced area then enter the password again on the xbox.

Do a hard reset of your xbox by holding the power button for about 10 seconds until power off, then turn off the BT hub and let that reboot also

Madasahat, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: