BSOD from launching/playing Roblox

Discus and support BSOD from launching/playing Roblox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello! I tend to get the 'black screen of death' whenever I play Roblox for too long (sometimes I get it when I even try opening an experience), I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by boogiebeans, Jun 20, 2023.

1. boogiebeans
    boogiebeans Guest

hello! I tend to get the 'black screen of death' whenever I play Roblox for too long (sometimes I get it when I even try opening an experience), I tried deleting my temporary files thinking it just needed some space to function better but the problem still occurs. I also tried doing a tutorial from Youtube wherein i interact with the properties of the launcher but it still doesn't work, I never use the full screen feature too whenever I play Roblox.

My laptop is currently windows 11 btw!

:)

boogiebeans, Jun 20, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello BOOGIEBEANS, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this unexpected issue with Roblox. Let's try to sort this out.

However, I need to ask the following questions:

Is this happening with more games, or is just Roblox?
    Did you download the launcher from the Microsoft store or from the Roblox website?
    What are your hardware specifications?
    Describe briefly what procedures you tried to fix this so far.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello there BoogieBeans

Thanks for providing more information. May I know if your PC is managed by your school / organization?

Meanwhile, I can suggest you some possible solutions:

A. Download the launcher by using the Microsoft store and verify if the same issue occurs.

B. Double-check if your graphics card driver is up-to-date by visiting the manufacturer's website.

C. Download another free-game to your PC and verify if you can experience the same issue.

D. Do a clean boot in your PC and open the game once done

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
  5. boogiebeans Win User

hellooo, yes this only happens to Roblox as it's the only game downloaded in my laptop. I downloaded the launcher through the Roblox website, my laptop's model is huawei matebook d15 (which is built for academic purposes, but based on my research it can handle games like Roblox, so I'm a bit confused on that) and my processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.59 GHz, my installed ram is 8 GB. As said in the question I cleared space, toggled the properties of the launcher, I also deleted it and reinstalled it but it still didn't work. Besides that my laptop has its own laptop stand and the environment I'm in isn't really dusty and dirty that's why my device doesn't overheat all the time to the point my laptop crashes and gets the BSOD
  6. MancSoulja Win User

xbox game pass for pc causing BSOD

Same issue here, it started when using Norton to scan Xbox Game Pass folders would cause a BSOD, now just launching some Game Pass games will cause BSODs.
Thema:

1. BSOD from launching/playing Roblox - Similar Threads - BSOD launching playing

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  4. Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build: Hello, I built my PC about 6 months ago and it has been working well for some time, but over the last few weeks I have been plagued by constant BSODs from various sources. Most of them seem to be...
  5. Driver IQRL less or not equal BSOD plague

in XBoX on Windows
    Driver IQRL less or not equal BSOD plague: Hello, I recently factory reset my computer to absolve issues with games crashing, and I thought that I had identified the problem as a faulty RAM stick which was removed. It seems as though I...
  6. Xbox 1 controller BSOD every time it connects. No avast

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 controller BSOD every time it connects. No avast: I am trying to connect an Xbox 1 controller to my windows computer, and each time it does a bluescreen with the error message IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I saw this question elsewhere stating that...
  7. Why am I getting a BSOD when I launch a game that uses Easy Anti Cheat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting a BSOD when I launch a game that uses Easy Anti Cheat?: When I try to launch Apex Legends, Battlefield 2042, or Elden Ring it causes a blue screen crash. The error message I get varies a bit: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  8. PC BSOD when trying to launch games through the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    PC BSOD when trying to launch games through the Xbox app: Hi since 19/04/2022 I have been unable to play any games launched through the Xbox app, I have Gamepass Ultimate, I have attempted many different solutions by updating and rolling back drivers but...
  9. BSOD when I try to launch games from Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BSOD when I try to launch games from Xbox app: I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but every time I try to run a game from the Xbox app I'm getting a blue screen of death. This issue is specific to games installed and run through the Xbox app. I...
  10. BSOD whenever I launch a game from xbox game pass on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BSOD whenever I launch a game from xbox game pass on PC: I had this problem years ago and just gave up when I couldn't solve it. Recently I decided to get game pass again because there have been a lot of new releases since I last had it. To my surprise...