Browsers turn off after playing video for few minutes

Discus and support Browsers turn off after playing video for few minutes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, After spring update any video that I try to play in a browser (any, Edge included) causes the browser to turn off and start window is displayed.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CovetingSpy9069, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Browsers turn off after playing video for few minutes

Hi,

After spring update any video that I try to play in a browser (any, Edge included) causes the browser to turn off and start window is displayed. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Matt

:)

CovetingSpy9069, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Ghost_Inside
    Ghost_Inside Guest
    Anyone try out Elite Dangerous on XBO yet?

The fact that they make you watch Youtube videos to show you how to play the game and the videos were created for PC turned me off so much that I haven't really played the game after the first 15 minutes.

Ghost_Inside, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Netflix app crashing Xbox

for the last couple days when i try to watch something on netflix the video will load and play but after a few minutes the video freezes and my xbox crashes and turns off. i have done a hard reset and also uninstalled and re installed the app to no avail.
    please help

RnG GhostOps117, Apr 9, 2017
  4. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

Controller turns off in a few minutes

Unfortunately there is no setting to change the time until the controller turns off so it should be lasting 15 minutes before turning off. If it is turning off before 15 minutes you may need to check the batteries in your controller. If that isn't the
    problem then there may be something broken in the controller. Using a wired controller is also an option as this wouldn't turn off.
  5. Robby Sayles Win User

Have you tried to update your controller?
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Hi, I think i’m not the only person who has this problem, but when I let my controller down for a while in a game, it turns off, wich is pretty annoying. If anyone knows how to change this setting or talk to microsoft (not the virtual assistent) : /

Thanks
    Have you looked for an update
  7. Jackychan2411 Win User

Hi, I think i’m not the only person who has this problem, but when I let my controller down for a while in a game, it turns off, wich is pretty annoying. If anyone knows how to change this setting or talk to microsoft (not the virtual assistent) : /

Thanks
    hi, there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the controller on other than using a hairband or rubber band to keep one of the joysticks forward.
  8. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox one s turns off a few minutes after turning it on

This points to either an overheating issue, or a power supply failure. (relevant support article)

If ventilating the console doesn't help, the console will likely need to be exchanged or repaired. Since you only bought it a couple months ago, it should still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty (standard one year). First
    check with the store if they have a return/exchange policy, and see if you can exchange your console for a working one. If this is not possible, then you can try to schedule a repair with Microsoft here: https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
Thema:

Browsers turn off after playing video for few minutes

1. Browsers turn off after playing video for few minutes - Similar Threads - Browsers turn off

2. Xbox Series X Edge browser optimizations

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Edge browser optimizations: There is a problem with the Xbox Series X and the Edge browser. It is not being given enough resources to run sites properly and many websites will crash the browser if you're on them too long....
  3. Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?: I literally cant watch a 20 minute video without it constantly crashing and having to refresh ***Move from Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10 ***...
  4. Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?

in XboX Insiders
    Can We Improve Microsoft Edge Browser?: Only Browser that we have on Xbox that is somewhat reliable is the edge browser, But it is a struggle , Freezing issues , Bugs and glitches , Video/Movie streaming is unstable, would love to see...
  5. My Xbox internet browser says I'm hacked and I don't know how to clear it up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox internet browser says I'm hacked and I don't know how to clear it up: I know that my Xbox one is hacked. I need to know how to clear up this issue. I talk to someone at Microsoft tech support but was cut off twice. Can someone help me clear up my problem...
  6. Xbox Edge Browser, Discord Mic access denied

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Edge Browser, Discord Mic access denied: I can’t use my microphone when I open Discord through Edge on my Xbox. This is the same issue that was reported slightly less than a year ago:...
  7. ok so im on discord browser and it wont let me click to agree to the permissions in order...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    ok so im on discord browser and it wont let me click to agree to the permissions in order...: im able to login to my account and everything but once it says to close the tab and continue in discord it doesnt work. i even tried reseting everything. 65c88d1f-a774-4795-9440-8f6dc5c52c10
  8. Videos stuttering on browsers when playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Videos stuttering on browsers when playing games: I have just recently change my motherboard, CPU GPU and RAM and now when i am playing a game on my first monitor, this can be any game even one that doesn't use up much performance, any videos on...
  9. I want to purchase an xbox 360 game from the xbox store in the browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to purchase an xbox 360 game from the xbox store in the browser: I want to purchase an xbox 360 game from the xbox store in the browser, can it be played on xbox 360 or only one or series? 3ec30e8e-bfe2-4844-ba9f-fe196b75f801
  10. How to turn on DRM-controled content on Xbox edge browser?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to turn on DRM-controled content on Xbox edge browser?: How to turn on DRM-controled content on Xbox edge browser? 3d670004-707f-4e0a-8261-e4ac0ab36c36