Brother's xbox constantly turning off on its own while trying to complete the update

Discus and support Brother's xbox constantly turning off on its own while trying to complete the update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my brother's Series X will get to 60% on the new update then turns itself off but won't carryout the last 40%. After pressing the power button... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by scott symonds, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Brother's xbox constantly turning off on its own while trying to complete the update

Hello, my brother's Series X will get to 60% on the new update then turns itself off but won't carryout the last 40%. After pressing the power button it turns itself back off after about 10 seconds with no signal to the tv and my monitor that I've tried it on. He's had problems recently with it turning off on its own before this update was available but I don't know what else I could do to fix it.

Would be great if someone knows the issue or something similar.

Thanks.

:)

scott symonds, Oct 5, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Brother's xbox constantly turning off on its own while trying to complete the update

I appreciate the response!

It seems we have exhausted all the possible workarounds.

In this case, I would highly suggest your brother check his Xbox series X console's free warranty repair options using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

If the console is no longer covered by warranty, you can still check his out-of-warranty repair options using the same link.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. scott symonds Win User

Hello Darhyl, thank you for your help.

We've had no success in getting the update to complete even with doing an offline system update. It would get to 65% then turn itself off and never turn back on. We also done a system reset but kept the games and data but still no success. At this point we have no other idea what we can do after multiple attempts.

Regards,

Scott
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Scott! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry your brother is experiencing this with his Xbox Series X console. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Based on the description you provided, this could be due to a corrupted system update or an issue with the console software.

Kindly try to update the console through an offline system update.

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port
    A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS

Most USB flash drives come formatted as FAT32 and will have to be reformatted to NTFS. Note that formatting a USB flash drive for this procedure will erase all files on it. Back up or transfer any files on your flash drive before you format the drive.

To perform the update:

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    Open the Offline System Update file OSU1.

You can download the update here at this link under "OSU1" (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update)

Click Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer.
    Unzip the file by right-clicking on the file and selecting Extract all from the pop-up menu.
    Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .postcode file to your flash drive.

Note: The files should be copied to the root directory, and there shouldn't be any other files on the flash drive.
    Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

Then bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, and follow these steps:

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button  on the console.

Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

Plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox console. When the flash drive is inserted, the Offline system update option on the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter becomes active. Use the D-pad and A button  on your controller to select Offline system update to initiate the update using the files saved on your flash drive.

Note: The console restart may take several minutes. If you were using a wired connection, plug your network cable back into the console. If you have never connected your console to the Internet, you will need to connect at least once during your system setup process.

When the update is complete, the console will restart and you should be returned to the Home screen. If this happens, your console is now up to date! You can remove the USB drive from your console.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...f-the-offline-system-update-is-not-successful

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. reggiewhitby Win User

Constantly hard resting after updated

I had to updated my console to install rdr2 to updated it an a couple of games, an now it's like it has a mind of its own turning off randomly, sometimes it Will turn off while it is stating up
  6. dfsdfsdf55d554 Win User

Stuck on update?

If it has DOWNLADED and installed and frozen. I Would advise t hold the power button until the xbox completely turns off. Then try to turn it on again.

If its still only downloading....then aswell... just hold the power button (aprox 5sek). And FFS, USE A CABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE!

Dont turn the console off while it installs!
Thema:

1. Brother's xbox constantly turning off on its own while trying to complete the update - Similar Threads - Brother's constantly turning

2. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  3. My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?: My brothers Xbox stopped working a few months back. It was slowing down, not popping up the home menu, and eventually just wouldn’t show anything other than a black screen. After a few months, he...
  4. My brother got my account banned.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brother got my account banned.: My jerk brother was staying with me for a few months and got my Xbox account permabanned. When I game online I don't even use a headset or message. I have like $1000 tied up in game currency. I...
  5. My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother has put 50 pound codes on his account but not showed up on it what is going on...: I need to find out what is going on with my brother account on Xbox one it not give him his gift card credit of 50 pound please help and tell me y please c9ea2a75-e215-4803-81f7-aea4a3e2f4c8
  6. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  7. We must fight to join our brothers

in XboX Insiders
    We must fight to join our brothers: must petition to join the war (helldivers II) https://chng.it/BjZ4frTMZK submitted by /u/Icy-March-9517 [link] [comments]
  8. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  9. My little brother destroyed my xbox. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My little brother destroyed my xbox. What do I do?: So, my little brother turned the xbox off while it was updating even though it clearly says not to. What do I do? It barely works. I can only play two, maybe 3 games. It lags and freezes for a few...
  10. My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brother and I cannot play Minecraft Java Edition together on LAN: I recently purchased a copy of Minecraft Java + Bedrock edition for my older brother this holiday season with the intent of us to be able to play the game together. However, we have had multiple...