Brother can't hear me in party or game chat.

Discus and support Brother can't hear me in party or game chat. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It's been happening for a while now, whenever me (I play on XBOX One S) and my brother (who plays on PC) want to play on Sea of Thieves we go into an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sinatomica, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Sinatomica
    Sinatomica Guest

It's
    been happening for a while now, whenever me (I play on XBOX One S) and
    my brother (who plays on PC) want to play on Sea of Thieves we go into
    an XBOX party. When we're both in the party, I can't hear him and he
    can't hear me. Party works completely fine with my other friends (who
    are on XBOX).
    To get around this we try the in-game Sea of Thieves
    chat. I can hear him but he can't hear me. The only other way we can get around this is by using Discord which works completely fine despite
    the fact I have to do it on my phone.

Is there any way to fix this?

I have already checked through my settings and nothing is on that would restrict me from talking, so I believe it's on my brother's end.

:)

Sinatomica, Feb 12, 2021
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Hi Sinatomica.

Make sure you both have the latest firmware updates for your controllers. Update xbox wireless controller is a support page to guide you through the process.

All controllers need to be updated and I prefer to use the wired method.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Head set

My headset only works in party chat. When I'm playing other games I can see that people are talking but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. It only works in party chat.
  4. MIG GUNZ Win User

Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

In parties/chats I can hear my friends but my friends can't hear me, this happened after a 2 week ban... And this headset works on my brother's profile on the same console (one). So it's not a headset issue, it's a profile issue. Please help!! Thanks
  5. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Destiny server issues, game unplayable with friends

@cammers not for me, it just stops me hearing ppl talking and they can't hear me, Iset to party chat and change it back to party chat and alls well, but it happens a lot.
  6. JUICE 5150 Win User

The patch made things worse

Well me and my group continue to have multiple party chat issues and party invite issues (can't hear people in party chat can't join etc)
Thema:

1. Brother can't hear me in party or game chat. - Similar Threads - Brother can't hear

2. I can't connect with my brother on minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't connect with my brother on minecraft.: After looking it up I think it has something to do with the Nat type saying Toredo unable to qualify. I have tried every suggested solution and nothing works. Me and my brother are on the same...
  3. Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...: Made the family and saved all the information stating that he can talk and communicate with online people, play cross platform, nothing is age restricted I dont understand why his account is...
  4. hey, so my brother can't preorder Street Fighter 6 digitally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hey, so my brother can't preorder Street Fighter 6 digitally: as question says my brother can't preorder street fighter 6 digitally he has xbox series s and has the funds but it says can't use his gift card funds which has $65 but will not let him preorder...
  5. My brother can't login in to Minecraft Java after it Java and Bedrock became one

in XBoX Accessibility
    My brother can't login in to Minecraft Java after it Java and Bedrock became one: So i and my brother use the same computer but different Microsoft accounts but it normally detects that he own bedrock so when he needs to make a username for Java it say that he can't login can...
  6. I can't play with my brother on Switch with Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't play with my brother on Switch with Minecraft Bedrock: I did everything on the guide but I still got the error message even after I restarted the Minecraft application. 1fdb7642-0e10-42aa-8716-2316ebf191e1
  7. Can't download a game my brother bought with his home account on my Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a game my brother bought with his home account on my Xbox One.: So basically, my brother is the home account on my xbox and I'm the home account on his console. That way we can share our games, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. It usually works...
  8. Game pass quests show up for my brother, but not me. He doesn't have gamepass and can't do...

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass quests show up for my brother, but not me. He doesn't have gamepass and can't do...: Any fixes for this? This is a bit of a minor issue, and yes I've reported the issue, was wondering if anyone else has this issue submitted by /u/MARBLEGARBAGE [link] [comments]
  9. My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa

in XBoX on Windows
    My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa: My brother and I both got game pass on our accounts recently, he downloaded Gears of wars 5 in his account first. When I try to play gears 5 it prompts me the option to install in the xbox app,...
  10. Can't play Xbox live with little brother but can play fine with every one else.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox live with little brother but can play fine with every one else.: every time we try to join each other, we get dropped but any one else we can play with any other friend fine even some times join through them me and my bro can join each other, rarely but never...