Broken Xbox 360, not sure if I can fix or should send for repair.

Discus and support Broken Xbox 360, not sure if I can fix or should send for repair. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have an issue with my 360. It is around 3 1/2 years old, a black Slim edition. It's been working fine for it's entire life, but about a week ago,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nessfull, May 13, 2014.

1. Nessfull
    Nessfull Guest

So I have an issue with my 360. It is around 3 1/2 years old, a black Slim edition. It's been working fine for it's entire life, but about a week ago, I turned it on to find that it randomly cuts the Video and Audio feed to my TV. It hadn't demonstrated
    any issues beforehand, but now it's acting very weird. Here are the issues I've experienced in the past week:

1- After 1-3 minutes after turning the console on, it cuts out the audio and video feed. Sometimes it comes back for a little while, and sometimes it doesn't. However, more recently, it will either never show the feed to the TV, or it cuts out after a few
    seconds and never comes back.

2- Sometimes, my wireless controller will be able to turn on the Xbox itself, but it doesn't sinc up to the Xbox, and I can't use it. But that's only happened 2 or 3 times.

3- When I hook up my wired controller, it registers the controller as player 1, but if I turn on my wireless controller, it also registers that controller as player 1.

I've tested the xbox with two different TV's, and 3 different HDMI cables. on the bigger TV, it displays as HD, but on my other, smaller TV, it displays as standard definition. So is there any way I can fix this problem without paying the 80-100 dollars
    to get it fixed by Microsoft? I've tried restarting and resetting the display settings; nothing works.

:)

Nessfull, May 13, 2014
  2. Xbox Slim Freezing continually... ( HDD Failure? )

Yes, you should send your Xbox in for repair this is a for sure fix. You may also wish to try formatting your Xbox HDD this might be able to help which can be done from the memory section on your Xbox.

Linky link for Xbox repair:
    support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Inferior-91D30E2D-4FE1-49E4-A697-3540F3DA21CB, May 13, 2014
  3. Crazydave007
    Crazydave007 Guest
    repair xbox one controller

I was wondering if i can send my broken xbox one controller for repairs but the warranty is up im willing to pay to fix it but the website wont let me send a repair request do i have to contract support or Microsoft don't fix controllers unless its under
    warranty

Crazydave007, May 13, 2014
  4. Burningisis
    Burningisis Guest

Another option you can try before going for the big fix is to get the component HD video cable. Places like best buy, game stop, or amazon have this cable. I have this cable instead of HDMI for my 360S console. Its possible that there is an issue with
    the HDMI port however using the component HD video cable will still get you HD picture, just without the HDMI cord.

I purchased my cable from Amazon for under 20 dollars. It can be used to rule out the HDMI port on your xbox as being the culprit and possibly saving yourself the cost of a repair. If it doesnt work, you can always return the cable.

Burningisis, May 15, 2014
  5. Burningisis Win User

Another option you can try before going for the big fix is to get the component HD video cable. Places like best buy, game stop, or amazon have this cable. I have this cable instead of HDMI for my 360S console. Its possible that there is an issue with
    the HDMI port however using the component HD video cable will still get you HD picture, just without the HDMI cord.

I purchased my cable from Amazon for under 20 dollars. It can be used to rule out the HDMI port on your xbox as being the culprit and possibly saving yourself the cost of a repair. If it doesnt work, you can always return the cable.
  6. Inferior-91D30E2D-4F Win User

Xbox Slim Freezing continually... ( HDD Failure? )

Yes, you should send your Xbox in for repair this is a for sure fix. You may also wish to try formatting your Xbox HDD this might be able to help which can be done from the memory section on your Xbox.

Linky link for Xbox repair:
  7. xXJointProXx NL Win User

My 360 slim wont detect the storage device!!

Hi Nemesiss8,

Sorry to hear about your Xbox who fell overe because of your dog.

If you have an Xbox where can get the Hard Drive out, you should try that, and clean it.

But be carefull by cleaning the electronic parts.

If that didn't work I Think the Xbox is broken and you should send it to repair.

The link for official Xbox repair is:

Kind Regards,

Tim
  8. skys7 Win User

Again 120$ coughed for nothing.

Do the steps here. I even got a power supply changed to a new one for free.

IF it is not older then 30 days, it should work with the controller, you just have to send the broken one to them.

But since it is a special controller I would call support, they can set that up easier for you.
  9. MessiahBrowny Win User

XBOX ONE hard drive keeps clicking/grinding slowing down load time for games and apps

Thema:

1. Broken Xbox 360, not sure if I can fix or should send for repair. - Similar Threads - Broken 360 sure

2. So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So My Xbox 360 S (Model 250 G) Has BROKEN Graphics, and I don't want to send it to...: I took it apart and there was nothing but the necessary things so I said "well, that is a broken HDMI port 95b9a624-d368-4269-81c0-89f1f46b5c7a
  3. How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?: My original 360 finally broke (too many capacitors blew) and now I'm trying to transfer all my games and their licenses to my replacement (Xbox 360 e). However when I plug in my adaptor for the...
  4. I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to replace my broken Xbox 360 DVD player: Hi, My Xbox 360 DVD player need to be replaced, but I was told you cannot by any Xbox 360 DVD player and install it. (YES - the DVD player is broken) So, how can I get a DVD player that will...
  5. Searching for a really old game I downloaded but XBox 360's functionality is broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Searching for a really old game I downloaded but XBox 360's functionality is broken.: Hi, A long time ago, I downloaded a game called Dash of Destruction. It was a free game. It has long since been delisted and is no longer available for new players. Since I'd had previously...
  6. Xbox 360 Live Matchmaking Broken! (Issue Since 2018) - Also Affects Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Matchmaking Broken! (Issue Since 2018) - Also Affects Backwards Compatibility: For those of you who are currently unaware the real reason why you cannot find any lobbies on older Call of Duty games prior to Black Ops 2 is because the matchmaking servers are broken. This...
  7. Xbox 360 profile download broken

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 profile download broken: So I've been trying to login to my 360 for 2 days now without success. First I was prompted to enter my email and password but that gave me error 80151103 so when I looked for solutions online one...
  8. Cloud Save/Storage broken for Xbox 360 game on Xbox Series S (0x800703F0)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud Save/Storage broken for Xbox 360 game on Xbox Series S (0x800703F0): The past couple of days have shown me a broken/inaccessible cloud storage for saves with Fallout: New Vegas. When I try to play the game, it sits at the syncing stage for an extended period of...
  9. Xbox 360 matchmaking broken.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox 360 matchmaking broken.: The XOnline matchmaking servers on Xbox 360 are completely screwed and have been since 2018. Can we please get a fix for this? It makes all old call of duty games older than black ops 2 on Xbox...
  10. Far cry 2 still broken after 2019 system update for xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far cry 2 still broken after 2019 system update for xbox 360: After the last system update 2.0.17559.0 on xbox 360, far cry 2 have been unplayable by some sort of glitch that makes the game run at half the framerate with really bad screen tearing! I have...