Broken Xbox 1 Power Supply?

Discus and support Broken Xbox 1 Power Supply? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One Forza Edition, I'm having an issue, I have the original power supply but it's got a steady orange light but when I plug it in, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YoItzPhoenx, Dec 22, 2023.

1. YoItzPhoenx
    YoItzPhoenx Guest

I have an Xbox One Forza Edition, I'm having an issue, I have the original power supply but it's got a steady orange light but when I plug it in, it goes away and a few seconds later goes back to the steady orange light followed by a click in the power supply. I let it sit for 2 months and plugged it in, nothing. I tried a different cable, I tried different sequences, I tried tight cables, loose cables, I tried power cycling the Xbox. It Is the power supply because I manually sent 20v from an old power supply and the fans and lights work on the Xbox console. Any ideas on potential fixes or should I just buy some sketchy power supply from a Chinese dealer? I'm not buying a new console either.

:)

YoItzPhoenx, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello YoItzPhoenx, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, which means that we do not have access to any user accounts or information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search in Xbox support and I found a publication where they mention a series of steps to solve the problem or know exactly if it is damaged or not, and it seemed to me Good information, which you should take into account:

Reset the Xbox One power supply unit

Note Microsoft no longer manufactures the original Xbox One console or the console's power supply unit. As a result, out-of-warranty technical support is no longer available for this particular product. We appreciate your commitment to Xbox and apologize for the inconvenience. To upgrade to a new console, you can visit our Microsoft Store for ongoing promotions.

If your original Xbox One console is not receiving power from the power supply, you may need to reset the unit:

Disconnect the power cables from the console, the electrical wall outlet, and the power supply.

Wait 10 seconds.

Important: Make sure you wait 10 seconds. This step allows the power supply to reset. Be sure to disconnect the power supply from both the wall outlet and the Xbox One console.

Firmly plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and power supply. Do not connect the power supply to the console yet.

Check the LED light on the power supply. Depending on whether the LED light is on, off, or flashing, follow the steps in the appropriate section.

If the LED is activated

First connect the power supply to the console:

Firmly reconnect the power cable to the Xbox One console. Do not turn on the console.

Check if the power supply light is still on:

If the LED is still on, press the Xbox Button  on the front of the Xbox One console. If the console turns on correctly, you're ready. If not, continue with the next step.

If the LED is not on, go to the If the LED is off or blinking section below.

If the console does not turn on (but the LED is still on)

If the console does not start even after restoring the power supply, the console must be repaired. For consoles under warranty, you can request a repair here: http://devicesupport.microsoft.com/

You must register the product online to replace the power supply under warranty.

If the LED is off or flashing

The power supply may need to be replaced. You will need to replace the power supply if the light is still off or flashing orange.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-power-supply-solution

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Relayed Switch Win User

My xbox fell from my stand, now its broke HELP!

If your Xbox console and your power supply fell then that's a big problem, your power supply is probably broken and not just that your Xbox console might be broken too. If you have a friend or any other way to get another power supply you should try to see
    if your Xbox console is working that way you know if it's just your power supply or your console too.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Power Supply is broken

5. DaSpokenOne Win User

BROKEN POWER SUPPLY

My xbox one wont turn on all the way. It starts for a couple seconds then shuts off. No picture on my tv pops up and the power supply ligjt changes color like its supposed to, whote when the xbox TRIES to turn on and orange when it's off.
  6. Versatile Goose Win User

BROKEN POWER SUPPLY

That's fantastic news. If this had happened say a year or two down the line I probably wouldn't have minded so much, its that as I said my console is still virtually new so I was surprised to have failures this early on.
Thema:

1. Broken Xbox 1 Power Supply? - Similar Threads - Broken Power Supply

2. How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?: I have two problems I have a Xbox one with a broken power button and it needs replaced. how much will Microsoft charge me to fix it? f5f243a5-1f00-492e-b0d4-6a84d59d0133
  3. Is my xbox power supply broken???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my xbox power supply broken???: Recently my power supply was white when only plugged into the power socket, but when sometimes plugged into xbox one it turned to orange. Is the power supply the problem or the xbox???...
  4. Elite Series 2 powers off when right rear paddles are pressed, they keep sending it back broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 powers off when right rear paddles are pressed, they keep sending it back broken: I have an Elite Series 2 that powers off when you press the right rear paddles. The controller shuts completely off and won't come back on until I plug it in, even if the battery is fully charged....
  5. Xbox Series X ethernet broken after power cycle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X ethernet broken after power cycle: Follow up to this thread which was recently closed despite the issue still not fixed....
  6. how to rest consel with a broken power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to rest consel with a broken power button: so my power button is broken the switch broke and i cant get past the green loading screen but i cant use the power button to reset console. 7235427a-6b0b-4879-9c81-24b4ef5be2db
  7. Console or power supply broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console or power supply broken?: My Xbox one power supply is turning off when I plug it into the console. It turns white for half a second then turns off. It stays on with an orange light when it’s not plugged into the console....
  8. custom gamerpics broken after power outage(?)

in XboX Insiders
    custom gamerpics broken after power outage(?): Earlier today my power went out when i was online; when it went back up i noticed that my custom gamerpicture was missing... I tried reuploading it, but after 5+ hours of gaming it was still one...
  9. Power Cable is broken

in XBoX Accessibility
    Power Cable is broken: Im legit depressed right now my friggin power cable for my xbox one x short-circuited. How can i fix the problem? Do I have to call the geek squad or do i have the bring my xbox and power cable...
  10. Xbox One power button not working. Broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One power button not working. Broken?: I'm honestly not sure why it's not working and what could have happened. Every time I have to use the Controller to power it on. Is it easily broken and if so can I fix it? Because I hardly...