Broken Promises and guarantees

Discus and support Broken Promises and guarantees in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; An update: . A quick note, I resisted posting this in case the person mentioned below actually got back in time before the package was returned to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Corbininjapan, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Broken Promises and guarantees

An update:

A quick note, I resisted posting this in case the person mentioned below actually got back in time before the package was returned to sender (spoiler: she didn't).

The "member of the Listening and Advocacy team at Microsoft corporate" that initially emailed me failed to answer or reply to numerous calls and messages to her number and extension during the days and hours she listed as available until after a refurbished
    console (the serial number on myservice.xbox.com has been changed) was sent from a DIFFERENT service center (originating address in Tennessee).

I called Fedex and had them hold the package, since they said that only the sender could change the destination address, at one of their locations until Xbox had done what they had stated what they would do, according to a representative they said they would
    change the destination address and would cover all costs to do so. Fedex said they would hold it until January 15th (today) before sending it back to the shipper). I said all this in a message I had left for the person mentioned above.

Apparently having "Listening" in your job title doesn't actually mean that you actually do, as the response I finally got back from her displayed that she had not listened to any of the voice messages I had left (or maybe she did but didn't understand them),
    or read the contents of my emails which contained a link to this thread. I would like to post the message that she responded with but since "This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information
    which is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or subject to copyright. If you are not an intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, review or copying is unauthorized and may be unlawful." is written
    in the email I don't want to chance any legal issues. Needless to say she showed that she didn't actually know what was going on with my issue.

Since her reply on January 10th, I have emailed her 7 times and called and left voice messages more times than that still without any response. Because of her non-response the console is now being returned to shipper. So yet again, I am negatively affected
    by mistakes made by someone at Microsoft.

Corbininjapan, Jan 15, 2014
  2. Really now? 7 e-mails in 96 hours and more voice mails than that all directed towards one person's private accounts? You need to calm down because--not to put too fine a point on it--you are legally harassing that poor woman.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 15, 2014
  3. No, to put an exactly fine point on it, I am following up and trying to get a resolution for a problem caused to a customer by members of an organization that has the power to resolve their own mistakes quite easily. All while doing my own full time job.

Wouldn't you do everything in your power to get your console back if it wasn't your fault that things were being mishandled? You would just let them do whatever, and let them jerk you around? Also, 5 days without any response is unarguably bad customer service...
    unless that's how you would choose to operate, if that is the case then I would hate to be a customer of a company you would run...

It's easy for you to make snarky remarks if it isn't happening to you, isn't it?

In any case, it finally paid off, the listening and advocacy team member finally called me back and said that because they were sending a refurbished unit they can send a refurb from the service center in Japan (I knew the "supervisor" on the 7th was full
    of it). So I'm finally getting my console.

4. Broken Promises and guarantees

Also, if you want to be technically accurate it was 110 hours.

And, just saying, you might want to do a little research before you make comments about legal matters...

Nice try though.

5. Would I do everything in my power? Sure.

Would I send out 2 e-mails and leave 5 voice mails during an 8 hour span for 5 days straight? No, I would not because that is harassment. You are not the only person who support has to deal with and it takes longer than 5 minutes to examine something but
    if you're constantly badgering a person then nothing will ever get done. You need to learn what patience means and when someone says "I will get back to you when I find out something" that means they will get back to you as soon as they know something. You
    pestering that person will not make them know said information any sooner.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 15, 2014
  6. So you can't do math either?? . *sigh* I'll spell it out for you. . I sent one email a day (two emails a day the final two days), and called an equal amount of times while leaving messages hoping something would get through. In addition there was a time
    limitation because of conditions set by FedEx) it is not harassment. At no time was I vulgar and never was I forceful. I was asking to be contacted because the issue was not resolved, which is another thing you seem to fail to grasp. She never said, "I will
    get back to you when I find out something", in her email she expressed that she thought everything was handled, when it clearly wasn't if she had listened or read my emails before responding. If you look at it objectively, and not with Microsoft fanboy goggles,
    you'll see that from a business perspective (which this is, a product had not been delivered as contractually agreed to [verbal agreements are considered contracts in case you don't know]), I was appropriately responding to a time sensitive issue caused by
    the other party.

Corbininjapan, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Corbininjapan Win User

I apologize to the community, I'm not actually seeking an answer at this point. I'm just documenting my experience so that corporate (who has emailed me, and said that they tried to call me but has not answered three calls at the beginning middle and end
    of their stated availability time) can see exactly how one of their loyal customers, who has followed directions and trusted what their company had guaranteed, has been treated.
  8. Corbininjapan Win User

What is also frustrating is that the last "supervisor" was either extremely ignorant, or just blatantly lied to me to try to end the conversation. He said that there was no way for "us" (Hardware department) to contact the service center, despite three other
    supervisors sending emails to the service center, and other representatives confirming this. He also said "We can't ship it to your Japanese address because of
    international regulations, just like we can't sell US region games in Japan." Shipping with the intent to sell and shipping with no plans to sell are two different things entirely. It is no different than if my
    family would be sending it to me, which is the only option that he said was available to me now. So I guess the verbal guarantee of more than 10 representatives means nothing...
  9. Corbininjapan Win User

I just received a call back from Hardware and they told me that I would have to call Fedex to have the destination address changed on their end. They gave me a tracking and shipper's reference number to give to Fedex. They also told me that Xbox would bear
    the responsibility for the shipping charges.

Finally I thought I had the resolution I needed... until I called Fedex and they told me that the tracking number that I was given was for the Dec. 24th shipment and they gave me more information about it, such as the exact time it was received (9:33am on
    Dec. 27th) and who signed for it. But they said that there was nothing further they could do with the tracking number Xbox gave me, and I would have to call Xbox back to discuss this with them further...

My frustration continues.
  10. Corbininjapan Win User

I don't know why but it removed all paragraph breaks, which makes it a bit more difficult to read, sorry about that but please help.
  11. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Would I do everything in my power? Sure.

Would I send out 2 e-mails and leave 5 voice mails during an 8 hour span for 5 days straight? No, I would not because that is harassment. You are not the only person who support has to deal with and it takes longer than 5 minutes to examine something but
    if you're constantly badgering a person then nothing will ever get done. You need to learn what patience means and when someone says "I will get back to you when I find out something" that means they will get back to you as soon as they know something. You
    pestering that person will not make them know said information any sooner.
Thema:

1. Broken Promises and guarantees - Similar Threads - Broken Promises guarantees

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  4. MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN

in XBoX Accessibility
    MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN: Okay so, I was able to spent a lot of money on xbox during the covid lockdown. I earned around 30k points from grinding games and spending real money AND TIME. I redeemed about 25k on useless...
  5. broken HDMI on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken HDMI on Xbox One X: I have a white Xbox one x limited edition that my mother's ex gave me (like 2 or 3 years ago) since they didn't want it but the HDMI port on it is broken and the only thing I was given was a...
  6. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  7. Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.: lord i thank you for sunshine thank you for rain thank you for joy. 94a4ab5c-8fa4-416c-bb2e-02fb8d657b70
  8. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  9. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  10. Broken rt on elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken rt on elite controller: The right trigger on my elite controller is being registered as constantly being pressed down and going to home instantly pushes the selection down and won’t go up I cannot afford a new one please...