BRING BACK SNAP ON XBOX ONE

Discus and support BRING BACK SNAP ON XBOX ONE in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One launched November 2013. Leading up to the launch, MICROSOFT in a video showed off Xbox One's ability to MULTITASK. This was illustrated... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by smileskybird, Oct 3, 2018.

1. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

Xbox One launched November 2013. Leading up to the launch, MICROSOFT in a video showed off Xbox One's ability to MULTITASK. This was illustrated through Snap. Capable with Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, since these Operating Systems illustrate the UI dominantly
    through SQUARES lol. With Snap, you could play a game on the main screen and play/listen/watch YouTube/Netflix videos or music videos, in a smaller box displayed in a corner of your TV/monitor screen. Or you could have Party Chat snapped to one corner of the
    screen and play a game on the main bulk of the screen.

Since taking it away in a software update, Xbox One has entirely lost it's ability to MULTITASK in this manner. It means you cant have two or more things on your screen at once. You can't have Skype video chat and play a game at the same time using your
    Xbox. On Xbox One X, the worlds most powerful console currently on the market (beating PS4 Pro in hardware specs), you can only do ONE THING AT A TIME. Play one game, use one app at a time, cause without Snap, you can't have more than one thing on your screen
    at a time (except for a dumbed down simple Dashboard quick screen by pressing the home button.

Discuss.

:)

smileskybird, Oct 3, 2018
  2. BRING BACK SNAP!!!!

It would be awesome if you guys could bring snap back. It is a really great feature that I used quite often.

CrimsonG0ddess, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Bring back xbox snap

Hey there Sir Fuzzy!

We're kind of partial to Xbox around these parts so we appreciate your enjoyment of the console. If you'd like to vote for the Snap feature, you can do so over on the

Xbox Feedback
    site.

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated! BRING BACK SNAP ON XBOX ONE :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Oct 3, 2018
  4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

smileskybird, Oct 3, 2018
  5. Geth
    Geth Guest
    There was already a petition for this. Sorry to say, but I think snap is pretty much done.

Geth, Oct 3, 2018
  6. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    The problem with the snap feature was that it worked perfectly in the US (and other NTSC TV broadcast areas) but in the UK (and other PAL broadcast areas) the snap feature for TV was terrible.

The problem was that the screen would refresh at 60hz because that's what the console "spits out" but in the UK our TV is at PAL which means its 50hz. So basically if we snapped the TV while playing a game or whatever, the TV feed would look "jumpy".

In my opinion the SNAP feature should stay dead, I mean we all bought games consoles to play games, and the SNAP feature (and other multitasking features) actually slowed the system down even if you weren't using them. This all stemmed back to games developers
    being told they could only use so much of the consoles power, Microsoft locked off some of the power for multitasking (and obviously the SNAP feature) Some of the power was given back to the developers when Microsoft streamlined the OS (possibly when they
    removed SNAP)

Shaggy2000, Nov 3, 2018
  7. Geth Win User

There was already a petition for this. Sorry to say, but I think snap is pretty much done.
  8. smileskybird Win User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp8ezNpL0-Q
  9. Shaggy2000 Win User

The problem with the snap feature was that it worked perfectly in the US (and other NTSC TV broadcast areas) but in the UK (and other PAL broadcast areas) the snap feature for TV was terrible.

The problem was that the screen would refresh at 60hz because that's what the console "spits out" but in the UK our TV is at PAL which means its 50hz. So basically if we snapped the TV while playing a game or whatever, the TV feed would look "jumpy".

In my opinion the SNAP feature should stay dead, I mean we all bought games consoles to play games, and the SNAP feature (and other multitasking features) actually slowed the system down even if you weren't using them. This all stemmed back to games developers
    being told they could only use so much of the consoles power, Microsoft locked off some of the power for multitasking (and obviously the SNAP feature) Some of the power was given back to the developers when Microsoft streamlined the OS (possibly when they
    removed SNAP)
  10. Miss Bijoux Win User

Bring back xbox snap

Hey there Sir Fuzzy!

We're kind of partial to Xbox around these parts so we appreciate your enjoyment of the console. If you'd like to vote for the Snap feature, you can do so over on the

Xbox Feedback
    site.

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  11. Mister Quimby Win User

Bring snap feature back

Hey there Lemony!

Thank you for providing your feedback! In order for us to make sure that your suggestions get seen by the right folks, please go to
    Xbox Feedback. If you find that your idea or suggestion has already been posted, please feel to vote on it.

Thank you for understanding!
Thema:

1. BRING BACK SNAP ON XBOX ONE - Similar Threads - BRING SNAP

2. Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!: I miss the days when you could Zoom your friend while using your gaming together. Being able to snap youtube on the side while you game was ahead of its time back in 2014. The new hardware would...
  3. Bring back Snap feature..............

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back Snap feature..............: Yes i for one want this feature back because i love watching my shows as i play games and i dont wanna have to use another device for this when i have all my streaming services on my xbox series s...
  4. Bring back the snap an app feature

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the snap an app feature: The Snap an app feature was ahead of it's time and would make the perfect app now especially with all the streaming services available! Please bring this feature back submitted by /u/SnowIsATrap...
  5. Microsoft bring back the Snap feature for Xbox Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft bring back the Snap feature for Xbox Series X.: The Snap feature was a much loved feature which Xbox One had its in early days. However, Microsoft took it away in one of the monthly firmeware updates. Xbox Series X has 16GB GDDR6 high bandwidth...
  6. Bring back the SNAP AN APP feature

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the SNAP AN APP feature: I really miss the Snap An App feature. I used it a lot while Skype video calling while also gaming, playing games while having YouTube snapped so I could go for achievements in real-time. Xbox...
  7. Should Xbox bring back the Xbox Snap app feature back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Should Xbox bring back the Xbox Snap app feature back?: Have you ever wanted to watch a YouTube video, twitch stream, or watch a sports game all while gaming. With the snap app feature that was possible until Xbox decided to remove it. This feature...
  8. Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bring back "Snap an App" from 2016: It was a great feature to some. But they removed it because it wasn't popular enough. I doubt it would be brought back at this point. Anything is possible I suppose....
  9. Bring back snap an app!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bring back snap an app!: This was the worst day of the Xbox One! We need the snap an app back this is the one thing that made xbox great to play. We could play and watch a video but no you had to dumb down the Xbox One...
  10. Bring back SNAP AN APP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bring back SNAP AN APP: I think Xbox should bring back SNAP AN APP because if your playing with a streamer you can't watch them or hear what they are saying as well as play with them. I think it was stupid and pointless...