Bright House Network: Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time

Discus and support Bright House Network: Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Bright House Network (ISPs): Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time Hi there Jamian, Thanks for the reply! The Xbox console is trying... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by jamianmorales, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Bright House Network: Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time

Bright House Network (ISPs): Xbox connecting to internet but not at the same time
    Hi there Jamian,

Thanks for the reply! The Xbox console is trying to designate the connection through your network to the Xbox Server. The

NAT type
    determines whether you can successfully use multiplayer gaming or party chat.

To let your Xbox One console communicate with Xbox Live, you might have to open or forward ports, which means you'll be making a configuration change to your firewall or network hardware, such as a router. I would recommend to change the configuration. Port
    forwarding for Xbox One
    is done on your router or other network hardware, not on the Xbox console itself.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

:)

jamianmorales, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Bright House Network: How to connect my Xbox to IPv6?

Bright House Network (ISPs): How to connect my Xbox to IPv6?
    All other devices are connected to my internet service but, my Xbox One is currently connected to IPv4. How do I get my Xbox in sync with my internet?

LookMomImA GOD, Sep 28, 2018
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Bright House Network: My internet

For this you should contact your net provider. You need a public IP to get IPv6

M3tal Daz3, Sep 28, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey Jamian! Thank you for posting on the forums today. I'd be happy to help.

Based on your description, it seems your bright house hotspot is having NAT type issues, which is a security feature. I would suggest you look over our Xbox
    One NAT Error Help
    troubleshooting page and follow the instructions on that page.

A lot of the troubleshooting is advanced and requires you to log into your hotspot settings and make some configurations to specific firewall and connectivity settings.

If all else fails, I would suggest you contact your Internet provider's customer support.

Let us know if that helps!

XBF Diego M, Sep 28, 2018
  5. I dont think thats the issue because its doing the same with xfinity theyre both internet hotspots. When i connect to brighthouse networks it says nat type unavailable but when i test it, it says moderate now. And then when i back out of the screen that
    i just tested it on it still displays unavailable. It’s like it’s still registering the wifi but its not actually connected to anything. When you use these hotspots you are usually redirected to a page where you have to log in to your cable account and then
    after that initial login you should just automatically be logged in to the wifi and never have to do that preauthorization again. I feel like theres almost an issue with communication somewhere between the xbox network systems and the internet that the wifi
    is trying to provide

jamianmorales, Sep 28, 2018
  6. Hi there Jamian,

Thanks for the reply! The Xbox console is trying to designate the connection through your network to the Xbox Server. The

NAT type
    determines whether you can successfully use multiplayer gaming or party chat.

To let your Xbox One console communicate with Xbox Live, you might have to open or forward ports, which means you'll be making a configuration change to your firewall or network hardware, such as a router. I would recommend to change the configuration. Port
    forwarding for Xbox One
    is done on your router or other network hardware, not on the Xbox console itself.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: