brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

Discus and support brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SadLureLauncher, Jan 14, 2020.

1. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the troubleshooting (for the bluray app and the XBOX )steps on the Microsoft web site and still no ability
    to watch a previously purchased disc. I changed the cable between the multiple HDMI ports on my TV and still won't play. Frankly, I'm very irritate with a multi-BILLION dollar company not producing a machine capable of playing Blu-ray and DVDs even
    though the advertise that it will. I'm half tempted to return it and purchase an XBOX one S and got back to watching DVD's on a separate DVD player.

:)

SadLureLauncher, Jan 14, 2020
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

My first encounter with HDCP error was because my TV did not support it and required upgrading to a newer 4K UHD TV.

How old is the TV you have connected to the console?

HDCP wiki has more info.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"After I buy the TV will I need to buy new cables and then new fiber optic cables from the internet provider as well? My apologies for the sarcasm however my situation vexes me. Thank you for
    the input/help."

Technology marches on. Depending on how you want to set it up, newer types of cables may be required. I use ARC so optical cables are not a consideration for me, but the next TV I buy will have HDR10 or +, something I overlooked
    when I purchased 4KUHDTV.
  4. SadLureLauncher Win User

That seems ridiculous to me. I buy a new Xbox and I need to buy a new 4k TV in order for it to work as advertised? After I buy the TV will I need to buy new cables and then new fiber optic cables from the internet provider as well? My apologies for
    the sarcasm AquarrzSudnnym however my situation vexes me. Thank you for the input/help.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

The TV is a 2009.
    I think that's where your problem originates.

My old Phillips was around that vintage.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One imported from other region

Each Xbox One console is manufactured for a specific Blu-ray and DVD region, following international standards. The Xbox One console can play Blu-ray discs and DVDs that are sold in the same region as the console.

Some Blu-ray discs and DVDs are not region-encoded or are coded to all regions. Region-free Blu-ray discs and DVDs will play on any Xbox One console.

support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies
Thema:

1. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs - Similar Threads - brand won't play

2. My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games: My new Xbox X loads game from disc but then stalls on 1st update so game unplayable. It has done this to 2 different games. I have networked games across form my 360 and they play fine. Network...
  3. Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?: I have an xbox one x, It works fine but the fan on it stopped working so I put a Brand New fan on it and the fan still won't turn on and I plugged it in the right way too. Why is the fan not...
  4. Brand new Xbox series x won't connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x won't connect to wifi: Hi I got the Xbox series X for husbands bday ordered it thru Amazon a few weeks ago. We were trying to set it up today and it will not connect to our wifi or my mobile Hotspot like I seen on a...
  5. Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New series S console won't stay connected to internet.: I just purchased a Gilded Hunter bundle and just finished the setup process for the console but the console is refusing to stay connected to my iPhone Hotspot; and yes i know the implications and...
  6. Brand new Xbox Series X won't play any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new Xbox Series X won't play any games: I have a brand new xbox series X. I initially managed to download and play flight simulator, however now a games crash after they load, which has made the xbox unusable. We have tried all the...
  7. Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't charge or even turn the light on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't charge or even turn the light on: Since my last thread was locked and recently got the solution I will open a new thread. I bought 6 Batteries, sealed and brand new and the light won't turn on when I connect the battery and try to...
  8. Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't even turn the light on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox 360 Play and Charge won't even turn the light on: I bought 2 of them, sealed and brand new and the light won't turn on when I connect the battery and try to charge it. I know that they have been in the shelves maybe too long and the minimum...
  9. Brand new Fifa 21 disk won't play on my xbox one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Fifa 21 disk won't play on my xbox one...: Just bought fifa 21 and the disk doesn't read on my xbox tbh none of my others have for the past week or so either... Why just when the new xbox is released I can't seem to play a game? Hmmmmm...
  10. Brand new minecraft won't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new minecraft won't play: I have a brand new Minecraft game for my 360. It will not play. When you put the disk in it says reading then says open tray. I now have two Minecraft disc that will not play. All of my other...