Brand New Xbox One X has been turning itself on randomly since setup. Can’t exchange it due...

Discus and support Brand New Xbox One X has been turning itself on randomly since setup. Can’t exchange it due... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Talked to 3 different phone support agents. Not only were they no help, but said they’d follow up with me the next day via phone from the first guy and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wolfngar, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Wolfngar
    Wolfngar Guest

Brand New Xbox One X has been turning itself on randomly since setup. Can’t exchange it due...

Talked to 3 different phone support agents. Not only were they no help, but said they’d follow up with me the next day via phone from the first guy and email by the last. Its been over a week and havent heard back from anyone.

I owned a launch xbox one for a year and never had an issue i got an xbox one s in January and never had an issue with it. I decided to upgrade to an xbox one x 2 weeks ago because everyone lowered the price to $299(at the time i thought it was the new price).
    Those who were interested in buying one at that time know how difficult it was to find one. Now that i think about it, it serms like a scumbag move to mark down a console that was not readily available to buy anywhere.

I was persistent and deduced that Gamestops located in malls(regular stores had been open for a while) that showed they had stock online would be the best bet for buying one once they reopened. After talking to various employees, i got the scoop on when a particular
    mall store was opening and headed over that morning. Once the store opened, i was happy to see that my persistance paid off and i was able to purchase the very last new xbox one x (big chain retailers) in southern california for $299.

Unfortuanately, my elation turned to disapointment when after the long set up(game downloads) i turned off the machine and within a minute it turned itself back on. I didnt think much of it at first and jused brushed it off. Later on wile watching tv, it turned
    on by itself again. No one was moving and all controllers and remotes were on my ottoman untouched. After switching to the input on my tv to see what the xbox was doing, i noticed it was playing the disc inside of it. I then turned on one of the controllers
    held the x botton to bring up the menu to turn off the system and chose that option. Once it loooked like the system was shuting down, i proceeded to change the input on the tv back to what we were watching and seconds after shutting down, it started up again.
    Repeated the process again, and sure enough the damn thing turned on again. At that point i walked up to the machine, presssed the power button to shut it off. Seconds later it turned on again. I then pressed and held the power button this time until it turned
    off. I give you one guess as to what happened next. At this point i hold the power button, again until it powered down then immediately unpluged the power cord from the back of the console.

Once the program we were watching was over, i proceeded to reconnect the power cord to the console. After waiting for it to turn on again, i was surprised to see it stayed off this time. Hours later, i turn on the the console with ipad in hand and ran a search
    on “ Why does my xbox one x turn itself on”. After reading all the articles and various forum threads on things to do, it didnt seem to help. I never had this issue with my S and even after turning off all automated option and quick power on features, the
    damn thing would still turn on by itself randomly and not always right away. I even factory reset the console and my tv(total P.i.t.A), but still not fixed. After sharing myissues with various people, they all came to the conclusion that it was defective and
    that i needed to exchange it. Problem is(and still is) that there are no stores with stock and to complicate things even more, the price is now back to $399.

My next option is to send it in to Microsoft for a warranty repair. Now, this is where I start to get very angry. You may ask yourself why that is. Simple, i just bought a brand new console not even one week old and the chances of my console being repaired
    and returned to me are very slim according to everyone i spoke to including the microsoft customer support reps. It is likely that a refurbished console will be sent back to me as a replacement and that a new console replacement isnt even an option.

The last rep i spoke with put me on with his supervisor who was no help. I asked if it was possible that a loner or a replacement be sent to me first before i shipped my console so that i didnt have any down time (I use the console to watch 4k bluray discs
    and for variou streaming apps). He said they used to, but that it was no longer offered. He did suggest that because of my circumstances, if i went to a Microsoft store which had stock that the manager could exchange my defect for a brand new console. I was
    very surprised that that was an option, but i then explained that no stores in the US were open due to the covid19 shutdown soit wasnt even an option(it was also announced that Microsoft would permanently close all stores permanently with the exception of
    2 stores to continue as more of a museum).

Ive been console gaming pretty hard core since ‘79. Ive owned every major( and some not so major) gaming consoles since launch. Now, ive had issues with consoles over the years. My NES for example started getting finicky after a year and a half, but i was able
    to fix the issue myself. In 96, my launch PS started to skip and needed to be replaced. The following year just before the dual shock system was released, i replaced it again(it ended up working up until i sold it on 07). I went through issues with PS2 and
    PS3. Now, when it came to Xbox i went through 4 from ‘01 to ‘17. My ‘05 launch xbox 360 died in ‘08, but for the first time Microsoft themselves took my broken console and sent me a replacement for free(previously defective and refurbished), but the fact that
    they offered that at the time saved me money. That damn machine still works to this day.

The reason im not so enthused about sending it in this time is because i didnt pay for a brand new console just to have it replaced with a refurb. I mean, if i wanted a refurbished system, i couldve just bought one outright in the first place and saved myself
    some money. Buying a new system and having it replaced with a former broken one just doesnt sit right with me.

Anyone have any ideas for a fair solution. Sorry for the long rant, grammer and spelling errors. Posted at 2:30 am

:)

Wolfngar, Jul 2, 2020
  2. negan41 Win User

Brand New Xbox One X has been turning itself on randomly since setup. Can’t exchange it due to covid shortage

random question is this plugged straight into the wall socket or into and extension lead
  3. Wolfngar Win User

Brand New Xbox One X has been turning itself on randomly since setup. Can’t exchange it due to covid shortage

Upon several posts i had gone over to help troubleshoot i noticed several replies where someone brought that up. Did someone have luck with this issue by plugging it directly to the wall?

I left no stone unturned and i tried everything to get this to stop.

i initially had it pluged into a 6 month old APC surge protector in the same spot the xbox one s was before i replaced it(which never had a problem). I then pluged it into my UPS (by itself) to see if that made a difference. It didnt. I then hooked it up
    to another new surge protector by itself that was hooked up to another wall socket by itself and it didnt help. I then as a last resort plugged it directly into that seperate wall socket (against better judgement) so i could say i tried everything, but it
    made no difference.

What has your experience with this been that made you ask about the way it was plugged in. Did that fix or cause your issue? Im very curious because technically it shouldnt make a difference, but has that fixed the problem for anyone?
  4. MenaBear Win User

Keeps disconnecting

Hi,

My Xbox One controller randomly disconnects. I have tried to sync the controller to my console, but the controller continues to flash, even after the console’s “X” has stopped flashing. This is a brand new Sport Blue, wireless controller, so I know its
    not the controller. My old controller works fine, so it can’t be the console. Right?
  5. KevinLin_71 Win User

My Games & Apps Failure

I'm having the same issue. It started happening to me on a brand new Xbox One X. Since it was still in the return window I took it back and exchanged it. The problem persists, so sending it in will fix nothing.
  6. BrianLeiken1 Win User

Fallout 4 keeps shutting down X box one X (refurbished)

Are new consoles that much more powerful than a refurbished? My xbox is an "X", my understanding that a refurbished X Box was just one traded in and wiped. Perhaps the refurbished has a design flaw, in which case I can either exchange it or upgrade
    to an a brand new X box. I'll do that, if you think it will work.
Thema:

1. Brand New Xbox One X has been turning itself on randomly since setup. Can’t exchange it due... - Similar Threads - Brand has been

2. getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running...: getting error 48 driver has been disabled for a brand new xbox gamepad for my PC running windows 11, driver installing the relevant cab, no joy. Any help woud be appreciated....
  3. My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up: My Xbox series is brand new and I got it today it was working fine in the beginning but then after I got off playing Fortnite with my friends I wanted to play by myself and I turned my Xbox on and...
  4. Brand new xbox elite controller 2 has stick drift on call of duty (3rd replacement controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new xbox elite controller 2 has stick drift on call of duty (3rd replacement controller): I bought an Elite controller from a retailer, and as soon as I turned on call of duty I noticed it had stick drift. It would drift quite a lot without touching the controller (in all directions)...
  5. Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box: I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of how bad the Xbox One controllers have been...
  6. Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brand new Xbox controller has bad audio connection: I bought a brand new xbox controller about a month or two ago (pulse red wireless with share button and hybrid d pad) so that I could attach my wired headset to it and stop using my sister’s...
  7. I need help as my brand new xbob one s has lost sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help as my brand new xbob one s has lost sound: I've lost sound and games won't load but it all worked fine yesterday bcd3cc3b-de90-492b-ae5d-ecda5037c847
  8. I bought a brand new controller and it has drifting problems~

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a brand new controller and it has drifting problems~: It drifts to the right without touching the right thumbstick.. It's litterally out of the box brand new first time I used it it's panning to the right.. Please tell me how this happens? IT'S...
  9. Brand new Xbox one controller already has horizontal stick drift on left joystick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one controller already has horizontal stick drift on left joystick.: I just used the warranty on my pro controller to get this new controller due to extremely bad and debilitating vertical drift on my left joystick and after playing one round of apex I've noticed...
  10. What to do when Forza 6 code key from brand new sealed game says it has already been used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do when Forza 6 code key from brand new sealed game says it has already been used: We just purchase Forza 6 Motorsport brand new from a local store., completely sealed with the factory seal. We entered the code key for the 10 year anniversary car pack and Xbox says the code was...