Brand new Xbox one won’t get passed first update error code “0x80be0002”

Discus and support Brand new Xbox one won’t get passed first update error code “0x80be0002” in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought a brand new Xbox One. After starting it the first time, it tries to update. However, after a short time it displays the error 'There was a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jdskljdslf, Oct 21, 2023.

1. jdskljdslf
    jdskljdslf Guest

I bought a brand new Xbox One. After starting it the first time, it tries to update. However, after a short time it displays the error 'There was a problem with the update'. it gets stuck with update error 0x80be0002. I tried to connect it through wifi, wired network, and even through my mobile phone's hotspot. But nothing works. How can I fix this error?

Not my photo but the same screen:

Brand new Xbox one won’t get passed first update error code “0x80be0002” [​IMG]

:)

jdskljdslf, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, I’m Arturo.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble when trying to update your Xbox One.

Based on the information you provided, I suggest you to perform an offline update on your console.

This potential fix requires a USB drive and a Windows PC to format and transfer the required files.

You can use the following article to download the files and review the steps:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update
  3. jdskljdslf Win User

Hi Arturo, thanks for your response. I tried the offline update but unfortunately I can't get into the support menu. I tried holding the connect and eject buttons, and then pressing the power button while holding the two. As long as I hold the connect and eject buttons the xbox won't start and nothing happens. I held the buttons even for one minute but nothing happened. When I let go, the xbox gets into the update menu as usual.
  4. KNotting1123 Win User

Xbox one will not update.

Also, in case anyone is wondering (or, more ideally, it would prove useful) these are the two error codes I have gotten. On the first Xbox one, I was getting error code "0x8B0500B6 0x00000000 0x00000200", and on the brand new xbox one I am getting the
    error code "0x87DD0016 0x00000000 0x00000200". Before you recommend it, yes, I have already looked up what these error codes mean and how to solve them, all suggestions fail, and seeing as this new xbox one is brand new, I don't see how it could possibly need
    a repair.
  5. Kyber77 Win User

Update failed

Console was brand new. There was no error code just a message, update failed, a system update is required to sign in to xbox live, but the update is currently unavailable. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support.

Got this message on my old xbox and the brand new one.
  6. Carsonkrause Win User

Error Code

Checking in. Day 2 my brand new xbox one S still wont make it past step 3 of the startup. Once it tries to update i get the error code...
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox one won’t get passed first update error code “0x80be0002” - Similar Threads - Brand won’t passed

2. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  3. My brand new series x won’t take any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new series x won’t take any game discs: My Xbox will not let any disc in, any fixes? 8101392c-bf55-4237-a64f-ffa5b89eae05
  4. My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and...: My brand new Xbox won’t connect and update. The retailer won’t take responsibility and there is no way to speak to a human at Xbox. Any ideas? 3e119748-b5c3-4d5c-bb91-7029ca1e5036
  5. Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box: I have just received an Xbox series x. I have it connected to the Wi-Fi via Ethernet and for some reason it won’t stay connected for longer than 2 minutes? I use this same cable for my ps5 which...
  6. My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t...: Hello, For the past six or so months I have been using an Xbox series S controller which unfortunately stopped working wirelessly. I tried to see if there was a way to fix it but I came up short....
  7. My Xbox update won’t work, downloaded the offline update onto a brand new usb and followed...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox update won’t work, downloaded the offline update onto a brand new usb and followed...: My Xbox update won’t work, downloaded the offline update onto a brand new usb and followed the instructions but the offline update option does not become available with the usb plugged in...
  8. Seagate game drive won’t let me play games on my Xbox series s. It is brand new just got it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seagate game drive won’t let me play games on my Xbox series s. It is brand new just got it...: Seagate game drive won’t let me play any games. It’s brand new just came in the mail today. It says newer games aren’t able to be played on it even though it says compatible for xbox series s on...
  9. Brand new Series X won’t show any video been waiting two hours for supervisor phone call

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Series X won’t show any video been waiting two hours for supervisor phone call: Long story short I bought an Xbox Series X. It’s brand new obviously never opened. It turns on but shows no video on any monitor I try and even tried different cables. Even the safe mode option...
  10. Brand new Xbox Series X won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X won’t turn on: Super dissappointed with Microsoft. Just opened brand new Xbox Series X, setup and it will not turn on. Tried to find a support number to call in Singapore and there is nothing but automated...