Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working

Discus and support Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We purchased an Xbox One S that came with Fortnite and a controller, as well as an extra Xbox One S controller. We also purchased a JEECOO gaming... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarkGemmel, Mar 14, 2019.

1. MarkGemmel
    MarkGemmel Guest

We purchased an Xbox One S that came with Fortnite and a controller, as well as an extra Xbox One S controller. We also purchased a JEECOO gaming headset J20, and plugged it into the 3.5 mm port in one of the controllers. The headset worked for a few
    weeks, and then suddenly stopped working with the Xbox controller (it worked fine when plugged into a phone). We tried the headset with the other controller, and it didn't work either. We purchased another headset, and that one did not work either. Today
    I just purchased a HyperX CloudX Stinger Core Xbox headset, because I heard that maybe the aftermarket headsets were the problem. This headset didn't work either. I have tried looking at the settings on the Xbox One S but nothing is working, and it is getting
    very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

MarkGemmel, Mar 14, 2019
  2. XBF George L Win User

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you have an Xbox One S headset you're having issues with. Is this an Xbox One Chat Headset with one Earpiece and microphone on one side? Or the Xbox One Stereo headset that
    has both headphone cups? From the sounds of it I would recommend you try the headsets on a different controller just to see if it could be the 3.5 mm port itself. Give it a try and let us know with a reply how it goes.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hiya Mark,

Here is a list of troubleshooting. Some you may have tried already. Number 9 usually helps the most.

1.) power cycle console

2.)Go to settings> Kinect and Devices> Devices and Accessories> [...]> Assign controller to account> Update control> unassign account> test headset/chat

3.)Make sure mic is "ON" Press the home button> go to the Gear on the
    menu> Audio> Turn Mic off and on. OR go to settings> Kinect and Devices> Devices and Accessories> [...]>Audio> Mic on> Adjust volume.

4.)You can test your controller if it is broken by "Buzzing" the controller. The buzz feature is connected to the headset port, and if the controller does not buzz then the port may be damaged.
    [Turning on Vibration if it does not "Buzz"> Settings> Ease of Access>
    Controller> Vibration Settings> Turn on Vibration].

5.)Some mics are detachable and may be damaged so try testing the headset on another device to see if it works (Example: windows 10.

Test the Headset with Skype Test or Voice Recorder). If there is an issue with using the headset on an Xbox controller, you can try using a headset adaptor.

6.) Make sure there is no Enforcement on the account.

7.) Make sure the controller is not full of dust in the headset port (you can use compressed air to clear the dust).

8..) Make sure controller is fully charged/ change battery type.

9.) Use a headset adapter or standard headphones (Main fix)

10) Soft or full console reset. (may not work all the time)

Thanks,

Brad
  4. MarkGemmel Win User

Thanks for your quick reply! As I stated in my original posting, the headsets I have been using are aftermarket headsets, as well as the Xbox HyperX CloudX Stinger Core headset with two headphone cups. Also, we have tried both controllers and none of
    the headsets work with either controller. Thanks for your help!
  5. DerekMartin Win User

XBox One Chat issue, cant hear others in party audio nor can they hear me.

I went out and bought a brand new controller and after about 20min the headset chat audio stopped working so it's not the controllers.
  6. PizzaSniper21 Win User

Headset not working with controllers

Hi, yes this is possible. This may be because the headset may not be Xbox compatible unless it happens to be an Xbox brand. That would be a problem elsewhere. For example, in the driver itself.
    I forgot to mention that it has worked in the past but stopped working all of a sudden. My new controller didn’t work with the headset one day and the same with my older controller about a week later.
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working - Similar Threads - Brand headset stopped

2. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  3. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  4. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  5. Just bought a brand new headset and it worked for one day and now not turning on after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought a brand new headset and it worked for one day and now not turning on after...: Had the headset for one day it worked for one day now all of a sudden won’t turn on the light won’t even turn on when charging I already tried to reset it so I don’t want to hear that. I bought a...
  6. Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...: I bought a turtle beach headset (x70) with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear anything through the headphones. I’ve checked the headphones work...
  7. Brand new headset and controller but no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new headset and controller but no sound: Our Xbox was fine then few weeks ago headset stopped working, so replaced it, sti not working so brought new controller today incase its that but still no sound through headset or mic? Have...
  8. My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work: Hi,my new Xbox controller voice chat wont work, i tired to restart it and find new headsets but it still didnt work but my mic works on my first controller but It broke a long time ago. Someone...
  9. Cant be heard on brand new stealth 600 wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant be heard on brand new stealth 600 wireless headset: Cannot get a new wireless headset to work on child' s xbox 1S . Tried for 7 hours today. So done every single troubleshoot their is. Its NOT FAULTY as bought 2 ...... 1 for each child. But they...
  10. Brand new controller wont work with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new controller wont work with my headset: So I just bought the Armed Forces 2 Controller from my local Walmart and I tried to play with one of my friends tonight and I couldn't get it to work with my headset well I know it's not the...