Brand New Xbox One (Launch Model) not updating

Discus and support Brand New Xbox One (Launch Model) not updating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good day all, I was able to get a brand new Xbox one Launch model (with the kinect) from a GameStop. Looks like the console was hidden in the back of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nicolas Brunelle, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Brand New Xbox One (Launch Model) not updating

Good day all,

I was able to get a brand new Xbox one Launch model (with the kinect) from a GameStop. Looks like the console was hidden in the back of the store for a decade.

However, I just can't update the console and it also looks like the console can't enter in troubleshoot mode.

Basically, the console let me choose the language, my geographic region and the network. Then when the console try to update, it says that something went wrong with the update. There is no error message code displaying. I just have the option to:

1 - Try again

2 - Check network

3 - Shutdown the Xbox

I tried to soft reset and hard reset the console.

I also tried to enter the troubleshooting mode by following the steps on the Microsoft Xbox page but it doesn't work. The console only bip once, the eject button make its sound continuously when I'm holding it with the pair button and the screen just stays dark until I stop holding (pair and eject). Then the console just go back to the update page...

I'm not sure if it is a Hard Drive issue as the console was never used for 10 years. I don't really want to open the Xbox as by doing so I will probably not be able to return it.

Do you guys have an idea what may be the issue and if there is a easy fix?

Thanks in advance

:)

Nicolas Brunelle, Jul 20, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

If the console does not update connected to the network and it is not possible to access the troubleshooting mode to attempt the offline update you should return the console to the store where you purchased it and see if a replacement is possible.

Best regards
  3. Photonimus Win User

Game download - disk unreadable

Older Xbox models aren't sold brand new anymore, and their HDs are different and not compatible with the new model.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox One S blank screen on TV

Also what model of TV is it? I see the brand, but is there a specific model for it? Curious about it's HDCP settings. Or if there are updates for the TV that aren't playing nice with the Xbox latest updates?
  5. Knightmare1766 Win User

Random Freezes- Disk Errors Mid-game?

Do you have an older model xbox? I've had the same issue with a brand new copy of MW3 and started researching online, it seems that there are a number of people having issues with newly released games after the system update. The typical answers are bad
    disk, bad disk drive, clear your system cache, but I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the model of the xbox itself in conjunction with the system update. The key here is that all other games are working fine, the games that don't work are
    brand new, and I'm guessing here that everyone who has had this problem has an older model of the xbox. I'm hoping someone from microsoft is looking into this seriously....
  6. samster 444 Win User

Volume in devices is greyed out and no sound through my headphones

Yes controller is new model and headset brand new
Thema:

1. Brand New Xbox One (Launch Model) not updating - Similar Threads - Brand Launch Model

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  4. CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...

in XBoX on Windows
    CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...: Today I received a replacement of my Lenovo Legion laptop. I began all the installation work to get my admin account registered and get my son’s account associated with new laptop. I signed us...
  5. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  6. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  7. Brand new S black screen on game launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new S black screen on game launch: Brand new Xbox S 2 year old LG 43un7300 TV Hooked it up, handshake verified that the TV is compatible with 4K Tried two games (donut County and Among Us, if it matters). Upon game launch,...
  8. Games won’t launch on brand new Xbox one s!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games won’t launch on brand new Xbox one s!!!: I just bought a brand new xbox one and purchased COD Modern Warfare. After setting up, I installed the required packs to run the game (100+GB) along with having the CD. I played one online match...
  9. Halo 5 will not leave initial launch screen on brand new console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 will not leave initial launch screen on brand new console.: Recently purchased an xbox one x as well as gamepass to play Halo 5. Unfortunately, I can't even get into any of the menus. When pressing play, the game opens to the initial Halo 5 launch screen,...
  10. Brand New Xbox One S and game will not launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand New Xbox One S and game will not launch: Alright So i finally bout an xbox one s, this is my first xbox since the 360. So i get it all set up this afternoon and set it to install Forza 7 which I am a bit excited to play and it just...