Brand new xbox elite controller 2 has stick drift on call of duty (3rd replacement controller)

Discus and support Brand new xbox elite controller 2 has stick drift on call of duty (3rd replacement controller) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Elite controller from a retailer, and as soon as I turned on call of duty I noticed it had stick drift. It would drift quite a lot without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James Wainwright, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Brand new xbox elite controller 2 has stick drift on call of duty (3rd replacement controller)

I bought an Elite controller from a retailer, and as soon as I turned on call of duty I noticed it had stick drift. It would drift quite a lot without touching the controller (in all directions)

So I got a replacement, and the same thing happened.

So I returned and got another replacement, and it still has a little bit of stick drift. I must say, I am so disappointed and confused?!

My call-of-duty dead-zone settings were set to 0 - the stick was drifting. I changed to 0.2, same drift.

So I moved it to 0.5, and the drift went away. This doesn't seem right, a brand new $250 elite controller should have 0 stick drift.

However, I don't think this is good enough! Is this the expectation of all Elite 2 controllers (which are $250)?! Should I go get a new one? Or should I get a refund?

I would expect that there would be no stick drift, no matter what settings are used. My normal xbox controller has no stick drift on the same Call of duty settings. And also, my old series 1 elite controller has no stick drift.

I would love any opinions and advice on this issue. Thanks very much!

:)

James Wainwright, Apr 22, 2023
  2. BlastedRelic708 Win User

Brand new xbox elite controller 2 has stick drift on call of duty (3rd replacement controller)

Hi James

I have the same thing happening to my elite controller did help if u just went to get a replacement?
  3. James Wainwright Win User

I am going to try round 4 & get another replacement. I really want an elite controller that works!!

I also purchased the extended 3 year warranty so Im hoping to get one that works and if in the future the sticks drift, I will go get a replacement or a refund.

It's a shame I gotta go back a 4th time but Im just hoping I get one which works.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Did you do controller .calibration?

When you add a controller it asks you to calibrate ir

If you don't it can cause artificial drift becausr it doesn't know where your center is

Which would explain why you are getting drifts on new controlsers

You have to do this with any controller

Including hall effects
  5. Aries Bajenting Win User

Did you manage to get one that does not drift on cod?
  6. Rostom L Win User

I understand how that feels, James. Hopefully the new replacement will work normally.
Thema:

1. Brand new xbox elite controller 2 has stick drift on call of duty (3rd replacement controller) - Similar Threads - Brand elite controller

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  4. CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...

in XBoX on Windows
    CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...: Today I received a replacement of my Lenovo Legion laptop. I began all the installation work to get my admin account registered and get my son’s account associated with new laptop. I signed us...
  5. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  6. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  7. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  8. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  9. Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.: Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even registers I end up having to click these face...
  10. Xbox Accessories stuck syncing with BRAND NEW Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories stuck syncing with BRAND NEW Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Hi there, I have bought a brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, hoping to start using it on the PC. After plugging it in for the first time, I was told I need to update it threw the...