Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts.

Discus and support Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently bought a new Xbox 360s console a month ago, and it has suddenly started making this horrible rattling sound when I play a disc,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darnzig, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Darnzig
    Darnzig Guest

Hi, I just recently bought a new Xbox 360s console a month ago, and it has suddenly started making this horrible rattling sound when I play a disc, regardless of whether its loaded on the hard drive or not. I have the console horizontal and its not touching
    anything which could cause the sound, when I touch the vent cover on top it goes away and when I picked up the console and moved it around some thing is rattling in what sounds like the fan. I have removed the side vent cover and hard drive to see if that
    would fix it, but had no such luck. I'm guessing I will have to send it back for a warranty which is rather disappointing..., this the third console I have bought over the last 5 years which has developed a fault shortly after purchase and all of them have left
    me rather wary of the build quality of these consoles when I look back in time - 2009 Xbox 360 - Disc tray jams, / 2011 Xbox slim - Loud humming from disc drive, constantly makes loud vibrations on any surface, and overheating / and the latest Xbox slim has
    obviously got a loose fan mount or is incorrectly installed.

I take good care of my equipment, I am just sick of the noises these things make when I am trying to play a game.

Thanks.

Share your opinion on here if you have had a similar experience.

:)

Darnzig, Feb 8, 2014
  2. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it in for repair.

OK Fowl, Feb 8, 2014
  3. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it
    in for repair.

OK Fowl, Feb 8, 2014
  4. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest

hi:

well it depends on the game like an original xbox game it sounds loud when you play it and some other games have different speeds of disc turning-- so it does vibrate so if you want you can try to have it lay flat to see if it changes anything.

also if you removed the side panel of the xbox you have voided your warranty and you need to pay money to repair it (removing the HDD is ok but if you did anything else it voids the warranty)

you can try to clear the system cashe to see if it will do anything (settings system storage, hover over HDD, hit Y clear system cashe, hit yes

hope that helpsBrand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts. :)

MB5656, Feb 8, 2014
  5. MB5656 Win User

hi:

well it depends on the game like an original xbox game it sounds loud when you play it and some other games have different speeds of disc turning-- so it does vibrate so if you want you can try to have it lay flat to see if it changes anything.

also if you removed the side panel of the xbox you have voided your warranty and you need to pay money to repair it (removing the HDD is ok but if you did anything else it voids the warranty)

you can try to clear the system cashe to see if it will do anything (settings system storage, hover over HDD, hit Y clear system cashe, hit yes

hope that helps:)
  6. onyxishere Win User

slims or Super slims(e) supposed to make noise

What kind of noise is it making? Is it a rattle? If so, try removing the vent cover from where the hard drive sits. That's what I did when mine was making noise.

If it's making noise when you're playing a disc based game try installing it to the hard drive.
  7. OK Fowl Win User

Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it
    in for repair.
  8. OK Fowl Win User

Help i have a dude

HI,

The disc drive should not be making a very loud noise. I have heard of them making a noise when they start to go out or when they completely stop working. Keep an eye and ear on it and if it finally stops working you can send it in for repair.
  9. Ashavar Win User

Xbox One console (not power brick) making buzzing noise

Hi!

I have the same problem described above.

I purchased my Xbox One the second week of december (Team FDOU lot/date 1339).

Until yesterday the console was very silent. Now when I turn on the console and I put a disc in the drive, the blue ray starts to make a loud buzzing noise that stop after 15 minutes. The console doesn't have problems in reading disc. If no disc is present
    in the drive, the console is always silent. Any suggestion?
Thema:

1. Brand new Xbox 360S console making loud rattling noise when disc drive starts. - Similar Threads - Brand 360S console

2. Brand new Xbox series s with no green band

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand new Xbox series s with no green band: Hi, just bought a new Xbox series s, when I unboxed it the console was wrapped in the usual white wrap but no green band (the power your dreams one), is that usual? Or the box has been opened or...
  3. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  4. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  5. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  6. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  7. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  8. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  9. Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series X Randomly Powering Off: I just got a brand new Xbox Series X from Microsoft on February 8th, my console has been acting up and at random times shutting off. I tried to confirm it was the outlet and I tested out different...
  10. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...