Brand New X Box One X broken, none of the trouble shooting works. Waste of money.

Discus and support Brand New X Box One X broken, none of the trouble shooting works. Waste of money. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried all the trouble shooting. At this point the thing won't even turn on. It's brand new, just out of the box today. Can't even get a live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BretManley, May 18, 2020.

1. BretManley
    BretManley Guest

Brand New X Box One X broken, none of the trouble shooting works. Waste of money.

I've tried all the trouble shooting.

At this point the thing won't even turn on.

It's brand new, just out of the box today.

Can't even get a live person from Microsoft to talk to you about it.

I bought two games, which they definitely took my money for, and then it shut off. I got it back on eventually, but then 5 minutes later, shut off again.

Now it's just dead.

Microsoft person: Yes I checked the power chord (honestly in 2020 how is this a common problem). Yes i've done the hold for 10 seconds thing. Yes it's in a well ventilated area. The problem is your product.

I want my money back.

:)

BretManley, May 18, 2020
  2. Honda Man 04 Win User

Sorry to hear about your experience which is a surprise to hear, but like any manufactured product I guess can happen. If it is that new you can try to return/exchange it where you purchased it or another option is to seek service.https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

It sounds like you have tried the typical solutions but check this support page just in case there is something you haven't tired. https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-wont-power-on

Good luck and again I am sorry to hear of your situation.
  3. FlashSpirit3 Win User

Don't even try to solve this problem! Return to where you purchased! You do not want to start about with a product that has issues from the beginning. While this is rare, it does happen. I haven't heard of a QC issue during the quarantine. Things do happen
    during shipping. You have the link for warranty repair and if you got it from Microsoft you can go to your account.microsoft.com and submit a return that way without waiting on the phone.

Sorry you are having this issue. I know it is frustrating, but no one at Microsoft is trying to just take your money.
  4. TTeeckCorba Win User

This is a very effective way to fix your problem and happens to me a while back. I got a new election product that refused to turn on. I returned it and got a new one that worked perfectly fine. Try this, it will almost always work.
  5. Saeleth Win User

BRAND NEW XBOX ONE X FREEZING UP

Hi there,

It could be any number of things causing the freezing up, while I would normally provide a number of trouble shooting steps, given that this console is literally brand new within the last week I would advise take it back and exchange it for a new console.
    Honestly for the money you paid there is no reason to not have it working out of the box and the X typically doesn't have issues to speak of.
  6. BrianLeiken1 Win User

Fallout 4 keeps shutting down X box one X (refurbished)

Are new consoles that much more powerful than a refurbished? My xbox is an "X", my understanding that a refurbished X Box was just one traded in and wiped. Perhaps the refurbished has a design flaw, in which case I can either exchange it or upgrade
    to an a brand new X box. I'll do that, if you think it will work.
Thema:

1. Brand New X Box One X broken, none of the trouble shooting works. Waste of money. - Similar Threads - Brand Box broken

2. L&R stick drift along w/ sticky ABXY buttons, brand new out of the box, WHY??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L&R stick drift along w/ sticky ABXY buttons, brand new out of the box, WHY??: Why does my brand new series 2 elite controller have sticky A, B, X, & Y buttons after unboxing it? ALSO, both Left & Right sticks have stick drift really bad, also after unboxing????...
  3. Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box: I have just received an Xbox series x. I have it connected to the Wi-Fi via Ethernet and for some reason it won’t stay connected for longer than 2 minutes? I use this same cable for my ps5 which...
  4. Anyone else's batteries explode in brand new x box controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else's batteries explode in brand new x box controller?: I put the brand new batteries that came with the brand new x box Volt controller in and within seconds the batteries nearly explode. The batteries were so hot it burned my hand. Definitely wasn't...
  5. Brand new xbox elite series 2 controller replacement not working out of the box....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new xbox elite series 2 controller replacement not working out of the box....: I got a replacement xbox elite series 2 controller and out of the box, the left bumper will not work consistently. I cant contact support for a replacement without having to pay the money to...
  6. Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series S/X Electric Volt controller already has issues straight out of the box: I received a Series S/X Electric Volt controller as a gift back in July from my partner as a birthday present and I was reluctant to use it because of how bad the Xbox One controllers have been...
  7. No 3 Months when i Joined Game Pass. I open the Brand New Console Box with a Gift of Game...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No 3 Months when i Joined Game Pass. I open the Brand New Console Box with a Gift of Game...: No 3 Months when i Joined Game Pass. I open the Brand New Console Box with a Gift of Game Pass? Use it and i can't Enjoy 3 months for $1. Bad Way to Treat New Customers. In the long run your...
  8. Brand New X Box One Wireless Controller making weird movements in game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New X Box One Wireless Controller making weird movements in game.: Hi, I've recently purchased a red Xbox one wireless controller. I'm usually a mouse and keyboard player but for certain games like Gears Of War, Forza etc I prefer a controller. The controller I...
  9. Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box: hi, previously I had an Xbox one X that gave me problems ever since a new update came out, what happened was that the Xbox would update and then say "something went wrong with the update" each...
  10. Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X not updating brand new out the box: hi, previously I had an Xbox one X that gave me problems ever since a new update came out, what happened was that the Xbox would update and then say "something went wrong with the update" each...