Brand New Play and Charge Kit Doesn't Work

Discus and support Brand New Play and Charge Kit Doesn't Work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The battery level on the battery which came with the kit hasn't changed in the week that I've had it, despite having the controller connected for three... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cco5, Jun 28, 2016.

1. cco5
    cco5 Guest

The battery level on the battery which came with the kit hasn't changed in the week that I've had it, despite having the controller connected for three days without interruption/disconnection. Despite the light on the cable not turning on, it doesn't seem
    to be the cable that's malfunctioning because the controller powers on as soon as the cable is connected. The problem seems to be the battery. I've tried cleaning the contacts but the problem remains.

:)

2. DerZocker050
    DerZocker050 Guest
    Play and Charge Kit doesn't work

I don't know what's wrong with the Play and Charge Kit, but my Xbox One Controller doesn't charge. If i plug the controller on the pc (with the cable from the play and charge kit) i can play perfect. But when i unplug the controller (after 2 hours of "charging"),
    the controller turns off in about 20 seconds. And i noticed, the led doesn't work anymore. On the first day when i tried the play and charge kit, everything worked fine (the led too).

And what i can't believe: I bought the controller and the play and charge kit not even 2 months ago!

(I also tried to put batteries in the controller, and everything worked fine)

DerZocker050, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Play and Charge Kit doesn't work

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me. You can test this out. Unplug the controller from either the PC or Xbox, remove the rechargeable battery. Reattach your controller to the PC or console without the battery. If your controller powers up and
    works with just the cable, the battery is faulty.

Faulty batteries pretty much always show a full charge and then cut out.

Obsessive Power, Jun 28, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

If the play and charge kit is not functioning, you should reach out to the retailer where you bought it to try and get a replacement. It would be faster than trying to get a repair done.

maxen, Jun 28, 2016
  5. Sharkles Win User

Controller randomly turns off

It works while the battery is charging and for a little while after but then it starts all over again. I bought a brand new play and charge kit thinking that might be the issue but that didn't work.
  6. YearlingElf0681 Win User

I'm having an issue with my elite controller and my Xbox charge and play kit.

Yeah its an offical charge and play kit. I have a few off brand ones that work fantastically and rhe box for the charge and play kit said up to 20 hours.
  7. SamQY Win User

Where to buy replacement rechargeable battery pack?

These are products licensed to work with Xbox but Microsoft does not own them. Microsoft doesn't have a charging station, it has the play and charge kit. It looks like a brand called Venon sells the packs separately but I don't know if you could use the packs on your charging station.
  8. MightySlothGuy Win User

Xbox Play and charge kit says its charged in Windows but disconnects after a few seconds

You don't seem to have understood my problem.

It works fine with the cable but it doesn't work wirelessly. The controller disconnects when trying to connect it wirelessly with the play and charge kit battery. Wireless with AA batteries is fine, Wired with the charge kit is fine. Wireless
    with the play and charge kit battery doesn't work.

I have the wireless adapter and I am trying to connect it wirelessly to my Xbox controller with the play and charge kit battery, that
    is my problem.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Play and Charge Kit doesn't work

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me. You can test this out. Unplug the controller from either the PC or Xbox, remove the rechargeable battery. Reattach your controller to the PC or console without the battery. If your controller powers up and
    works with just the cable, the battery is faulty.

Faulty batteries pretty much always show a full charge and then cut out.
Thema:

1. Brand New Play and Charge Kit Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Brand Play Charge

2. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  3. my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...: It either has a laser burn, or something is wrong with the laser e05ab3d3-7d05-4022-a070-f96b3cbb9a3e
  4. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  5. Hi I am trying to play Roblox on tablet mode (HP computer brand new), but it seems that my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I am trying to play Roblox on tablet mode (HP computer brand new), but it seems that my...: Hi I am trying to play Roblox on tablet mode (HP computer brand new), but it seems that my jumping and moving controls are gone and I can’t move or jump or change my perspective. Can anyone help?...
  6. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d
  7. Brand new Xbox series x randomly closes games when playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x randomly closes games when playing: We have it stored on its side on the TV stand. It seems to be overheating. It will close out the game and send you to the main screen. There are no error messages. If we move the console to the...
  8. brand new alienware wont play any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    brand new alienware wont play any games: please help, brand new alienware 17 wont paly any games. tried 5 games downloaded from steam and none of the games start 1f670676-00d9-4071-943a-8d1daaceac47
  9. My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...: (I asked this question before but I didn't really explain the full thing and it ended up being a waste of time.) Here's the situation: I just got my Xbox Series X two days ago and anytime I play...
  10. Why can't I play any online multiplayer games on my brand new Xbox One Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play any online multiplayer games on my brand new Xbox One Series S: So basically I got a brand new Xbox One series S for Christmas, and im currently in the hospital. At first in the hospital I could play online multiplayer games but as of 2 days ago, I can't...