Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left

Discus and support Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left. Is there a way to fix or adjust this? Just got this for Xmas, barley tap it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Buick350X, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Buick350X
    Buick350X Guest

Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left.

Is there a way to fix or adjust this?

Just got this for Xmas, barley tap it and it stops but soon your aim is slowly going left on its own.

:)

Buick350X, Jan 8, 2015
  2. Character moving by himself!

No. It has to be your controller, even if it is brand new. I've had it happen to me before. My character would turn slightly to the left pretty slowly if I left the stick alone, but only did it in L4D. After I got a new controller, problem went away.

Ruthless Tenjin, Jan 8, 2015
  3. Catch 23
    Catch 23 Guest
    Left analog stick drifting

I bought a brand new slim 360 recently and the left analog stick of the controller is drifting. Example, if I walk around in Borderlands and let go of the left analog stick, my character slowly turns to the left until I push the left stick to the right and
    when I let go, it drifts to the left again. Every game has this problem. I tried new batteries, same problem. I sync'd the controller to another 360 at my friends house (old elite model), same drifting problem. The controller is bad. A search on Google shows
    lots of other people complaining of the exact same problem.

Since I'm within 90 days, think MS will replace my controller for free?

Anyone else seen this problem? No idea why Google has tons of hits for my problem and I can't find a single post on this board about it?!

Catch 23, Jan 8, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

I'd try it in a different game, and if it still does that, then the controller is probably defective.

Irixion, Jan 9, 2015
  5. Irixion Win User

I'd try it in a different game, and if it still does that, then the controller is probably defective.
  6. Ruthless Tenjin Win User

Character moving by himself!

No. It has to be your controller, even if it is brand new. I've had it happen to me before. My character would turn slightly to the left pretty slowly if I left the stick alone, but only did it in L4D. After I got a new controller, problem went away.
  7. JasonX1 Win User

Resident Evil 4

The controls are a little out dated, but in the options settings, you can change them to TPS mode, which is a little better, but you still have to aim with the left stick. It would be nice if they would issue a patch to help customize the controls a little
    more, but I'm not counting on it. I'm actually considering buying the controller below, because it's suppose to have the ability to swap the left and right sticks. That way you could move with the d-pad and aim with the right stick. That's kind of the setup
    that I used when I played the game on the PC. It's $40, but it might be worth it.

www.gamestop.com/.../84574
  8. STLCardsFan1 Win User

Controller problems ...

It is 100% not the controllers. I experienced this during the beta and actually bought a brand new controller. It still happens all the time, but only with the right stick and when I push left.
  9. WUIJIBOBO Win User

left stick drift

When I connect a wireless controller, the left analog stick is stuck in down position. This is brand new controller, and have had other controllers do the same . But if I connect these controllers with a cable they work fine. Does anyone know
    of a way to make it where I can use wireless controllers with my system, so my family can play games with me again
    Are you connecting these wireless controllers via Bluetooth, or using the Xbox Wireless Adapter?

If the controllers are working fine when connecting via wire, then it sounds like the controllers themselves are fine, and it's possibly a driver issue, or a wireless connection issue.
Thema:

1. Brand NEW MS wireless controller, aim stick has constant drag to left - Similar Threads - Brand wireless controller

2. Brand new elite wireless series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite wireless series: Brand new elite wireless 2 controller shuts off every 10 seconds, firmware has been updated, have power cycled the controller and the console shuts off with or without the charging cable plugged...
  3. My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My wireless Xbox controller won’t work without being plugged in, and my brand new one won’t...: Hello, For the past six or so months I have been using an Xbox series S controller which unfortunately stopped working wirelessly. I tried to see if there was a way to fix it but I came up short....
  4. Have 3 xbox controllers one is brand new wireless

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have 3 xbox controllers one is brand new wireless: Akk my controllers right toggle moves way to fast even on brand new on I did console reset but it still does it over the screen b7b0fc86-ba60-416d-8656-d30ba89951e4
  5. Brand new Xbox Core wireless controller says "critical" with brand new batteries or battery...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Core wireless controller says "critical" with brand new batteries or battery...: Just purchased a new Xbox Core wireless controller. Says "critical" with brand new batteries or battery pack. I am using it with games on my computer. Is there something wrong with the controller...
  6. I just recently got a Brand new Xbox One wireless Adapter for Windows 10 and when i goto...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just recently got a Brand new Xbox One wireless Adapter for Windows 10 and when i goto...: I Have been working for a few hours trying to figure out my new Xbox One Wireless adapter for windows 10 and i have already restarted my PC uninstalled the adapter and all the other...
  7. Brand New X Box One Wireless Controller making weird movements in game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New X Box One Wireless Controller making weird movements in game.: Hi, I've recently purchased a red Xbox one wireless controller. I'm usually a mouse and keyboard player but for certain games like Gears Of War, Forza etc I prefer a controller. The controller I...
  8. Brand New (2 weeks) XBox One PC wireless dongle stopped working

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New (2 weeks) XBox One PC wireless dongle stopped working: I bought my Microsoft Xbox One Elite 2 controller about 2 months ago and could not get my PC to see it via bluetooth. Although this did not surprise me as my PC rarely sees anything I want it to...
  9. Cant be heard on brand new stealth 600 wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant be heard on brand new stealth 600 wireless headset: Cannot get a new wireless headset to work on child' s xbox 1S . Tried for 7 hours today. So done every single troubleshoot their is. Its NOT FAULTY as bought 2 ...... 1 for each child. But they...
  10. brand new Wireless Adapter for W10 not working

in XBoX on Windows
    brand new Wireless Adapter for W10 not working: Hi, I have just purchased a Controller + Wireless Adapter for W10 kit. I have been trying to install it on my computer but i am not able to link controller to adapter. Adapter is well detected...