Brand New-ish Xboxone Not updating in Step-up mode

Discus and support Brand New-ish Xboxone Not updating in Step-up mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I was giffed a barn new never opened Xboxone about 2 weeks ago. I have been able to plug it in and power on just fine. Once I get to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gabe Maze, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Gabe Maze
    Gabe Maze Guest

Hello, I was giffed a barn new never opened Xboxone about 2 weeks ago. I have been able to plug it in and power on just fine. Once I get to the oringainl set-up process it starts to fail. When I am in the original "Checking for Updates it says "There was a problem with the update". I have tried to follow Microsoft repair and nothing has worked yet.

Error Code: 0x80072ee7

:)

Gabe Maze, Jul 26, 2023
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Gabe,

Are you referring to the original Xbox One, One S, or One X?

Try the recommended troubleshooting here (particularly everything under ‘Error message: There was a problem with the update’ > 80072xxx):

Troubleshoot system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

This is the official support guide (which directs you to the above one as it’s related to an update) for the specific error code you receive:

Error 0x80072ee7 occurs when opening content on your Xbox console or Windows device | Xbox Support

Hope this helps.
  3. ras myrhdak Win User

Controller disconnecting with power still on

They are updated they are brand new controllers I can't use them if they are not updated that's the 1st step with new controllers
  4. supernoob 500 Win User

WHAT?

New XBoxOne today, can't play on it because it won't do an update.

1. Why does a brand new console need an update?

2. Why should I need to be online to play a single player game?

3. Is Microsoft owned by the Grinch because they have ruined my Christmas!!!!!!!!
  5. DAVE BRANCH Win User

"There was a problem with the update"

there was a problem with the update

you need this update to use your console,but something went wrong.for help visit...xbox.com/xboxone/update/help.

went there tried everything it said and nothing worked.i bought this machine brand new today and its faulty...its going straight back to the shop and im getting my money back and buying a ps4
  6. xXBOXxOne Win User

Extremely upset with Microsoft Over the Lack of backwards Compatibility on the Xbox One

yeah Im starting to wish I jus bought a Ps4 instead, I might sell this xboxone for the exact price of a brand new Ps4.
Thema:

1. Brand New-ish Xboxone Not updating in Step-up mode - Similar Threads - Brand ish Xboxone

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  4. CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...

in XBoX on Windows
    CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...: Today I received a replacement of my Lenovo Legion laptop. I began all the installation work to get my admin account registered and get my son’s account associated with new laptop. I signed us...
  5. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  6. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  7. Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...: Brand new xbox series x won't update when I first plugged it in and it disconnects the wireless internet to all of the house. 27395d75-fd37-44f3-8b0e-d60fe54bac6c
  8. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  9. Brand new Xbox series s with no green band

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand new Xbox series s with no green band: Hi, just bought a new Xbox series s, when I unboxed it the console was wrapped in the usual white wrap but no green band (the power your dreams one), is that usual? Or the box has been opened or...
  10. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...