Brand new headset and controller but no sound

Discus and support Brand new headset and controller but no sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our Xbox was fine then few weeks ago headset stopped working, so replaced it, sti not working so brought new controller today incase its that but still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JuliaCox3, Mar 20, 2021.

1. JuliaCox3
    JuliaCox3 Guest

Our Xbox was fine then few weeks ago headset stopped working, so replaced it, sti not working so brought new controller today incase its that but still no sound through headset or mic? Have changed settings, signed in/out but nothing? Really dont know what else try.

:)

JuliaCox3, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Modelrat343670 Win User

mic not working

Thanks for responding. I've tried the suggestions already with no success. The system is an xbox 1s. It is a wired headset connected to the controller. I've tried multiple headsets with multiple controllers. I have sound for both the games and other people in the chat but the mic is not working for any of the headsets, one of which is brand new. Thanks for any help with this.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Sound only coming through on one ear muff

The sound coming through my headset only come from one ear muff, and it does it to both of my headsets (one is brand new) and both of my controllers.
    Please, try this headset with any other devices, like smartphone or PC, because if you have this issue with 2 different controller, maybe is the headset (or the jack connector) broken.
  4. samster 444 Win User

Volume in devices is greyed out and no sound through my headphones

Yes controller is new model and headset brand new
  5. kmorgan1 Win User

Headset Not Working

Tried updating the controller. Plus it's a brand new headset. Tried troubleshooting no luck.
  6. keepnitrizzl Win User

“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be under "Post a question" or "Post a discussion"

headset is brand new (1 month old) and if you haven't already read through the whole post I tried the headset on another Xbox (new) controller. Headset is Xbox one compatible.
Thema:

1. Brand new headset and controller but no sound - Similar Threads - Brand headset controller

2. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  3. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  4. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  5. Just bought a brand new headset and it worked for one day and now not turning on after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought a brand new headset and it worked for one day and now not turning on after...: Had the headset for one day it worked for one day now all of a sudden won’t turn on the light won’t even turn on when charging I already tried to reset it so I don’t want to hear that. I bought a...
  6. Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...: I bought a turtle beach headset (x70) with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear anything through the headphones. I’ve checked the headphones work...
  7. My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work: Hi,my new Xbox controller voice chat wont work, i tired to restart it and find new headsets but it still didnt work but my mic works on my first controller but It broke a long time ago. Someone...
  8. Cant be heard on brand new stealth 600 wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant be heard on brand new stealth 600 wireless headset: Cannot get a new wireless headset to work on child' s xbox 1S . Tried for 7 hours today. So done every single troubleshoot their is. Its NOT FAULTY as bought 2 ...... 1 for each child. But they...
  9. Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working: We purchased an Xbox One S that came with Fortnite and a controller, as well as an extra Xbox One S controller. We also purchased a JEECOO gaming headset J20, and plugged it into the 3.5 mm port...
  10. Brand new controller wont work with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new controller wont work with my headset: So I just bought the Armed Forces 2 Controller from my local Walmart and I tried to play with one of my friends tonight and I couldn't get it to work with my headset well I know it's not the...