Brand new controller wont work with my headset

Discus and support Brand new controller wont work with my headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just bought the Armed Forces 2 Controller from my local Walmart and I tried to play with one of my friends tonight and I couldn't get it to work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarineRecon6765, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Brand new controller wont work with my headset

So I just bought the Armed Forces 2 Controller from my local Walmart and I tried to play with one of my friends tonight and I couldn't get it to work with my headset well I know it's not the headset cause I'm using it on my computer and it just worked with
    my other controller so what is the problem here? What can I do to fix this?

:)

MarineRecon6765, Nov 23, 2018
  2. hanerp
    hanerp Guest
    Xbox 360 Wireless Headset with Bluetooth® HAS PROBLEMS!

In the instructions to the bluetooth headset it says that it will recognize the headset as an external device and will use slot one but some controllers wont allow the headset to be on the same slot as the controller the red brand controllers do not work
    with the headset

hanerp, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Controller mic

got this brand new controller yesterday and have been using a headset and out of nowhere my headset just stops working and it’s not the headset it’s the controller because the headset works perfectly fine on my old controller and now whenever I plug in my
    headset on my new controller it makes a loud staticky noice and won’t work

DerptasticNinja, Nov 23, 2018
  4. XBF Ezra G
    XBF Ezra G Guest

Hi Marine,

Thanks for your post! It seems like the 3.5mm jack in the new controller you have could be defective, if possible, try getting with the retailer to review options with them for exchanging the controller. If they do not comply, use the
    Contact Us portal to speak with an agent about service options using the controller's warranty.

I hope this helps, thanks again.

XBF Ezra G, Nov 24, 2018
  5. hanerp Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless Headset with Bluetooth® HAS PROBLEMS!

In the instructions to the bluetooth headset it says that it will recognize the headset as an external device and will use slot one but some controllers wont allow the headset to be on the same slot as the controller the red brand controllers do not work
    with the headset
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Marine,

Thanks for your post! It seems like the 3.5mm jack in the new controller you have could be defective, if possible, try getting with the retailer to review options with them for exchanging the controller. If they do not comply, use the
    Contact Us portal to speak with an agent about service options using the controller's warranty.

I hope this helps, thanks again.
  7. JaredPeltier Win User

headset

The headset is brand new. I have trued 4 controllers none of them work. The headset works on my laptop. The microphone with the criss through shows whether or not i have a headset plugged into a controller. Headsets have worked in the past on these controllers.
    Believe it to be a microsoft issue. Many people complaining about the same issue online.
  8. Good Ol Hugs Win User

Losing audio on Xbox series X

Tried that, this is a brand new controller anda brand new headset.

I've yet to try a Wireless Controller but if that doesn't work then my only option is to either get the xbox serviced which would take too long or get it replaced which would be expensive.
  9. sammiches999 Win User

Wireless headset refuses to connect to specific controller - worked fine last night.

im having this same problem. only thing thats worked so far is using another controller. i just bought a brand new silver controller and now i cant use it online because the headset wont connect.

TNUC x pEnFoLd: that page shows nothing to alleviate this problem.
Thema:

1. Brand new controller wont work with my headset - Similar Threads - Brand controller wont

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  4. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  5. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  6. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  7. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  8. Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand New Xbox controller warranty expired before purchased.: I recently received a brand new Xbox series S for Christmas last month. However, when I went to register the console and controller into my Microsoft account it said that the controller warranty...
  9. Do HexGaming brand controllers work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do HexGaming brand controllers work?: I was wondering if HexGaming controller brands are banned on xbox and I haven't been able to find out on their website. 20591a71-4fef-4f86-9c18-5ce9acb3bdae
  10. My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My map wont open in forza 5 controllers fime its brand new and batteries: My map wont open on forza 5 cam do everytjing else , view buttom works fine on everything else its a brand new xbox and controller Ive tried mapping it to other buttons aswell just the same thing...