Brand New 4TB WD Passport reads 1.8TB prior to formatting

Discus and support Brand New 4TB WD Passport reads 1.8TB prior to formatting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I tried to find something similar in other posts but couldn't. I just bought a new 4TB passport from Costco and when I plugged it in and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AwayGlobe546959, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Brand New 4TB WD Passport reads 1.8TB prior to formatting

Hey guys,

I tried to find something similar in other posts but couldn't. I just bought a new 4TB passport from Costco and when I plugged it in and got ready to format it, itread as 1.8TB free. I checked the serial number and product number both are registered as 4TB.
    (Honestly part of me is worried it is 2TB with the regular space missing) Anyone ever have a problem like this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any input.

:)

AwayGlobe546959, Mar 12, 2018
  2. astroperson
    astroperson Guest
    WD My Passport not bring recognised when connecting....

I am curious: have you previously used the WD Smartware utility to password protect/lock the hard drive? My WD Passport does not have a hidden partition, which leads me to believe it does not have a hidden partition when brand new until created by Smartware.

astroperson, Mar 12, 2018
  3. External HDD 3.0

Do you have to use an "XBOX" Brand or can i use 4TB-WD? Better yet what do you all recommend?

GlobularRelic56, Mar 12, 2018
  4. Brand New 4TB WD Passport reads 1.8TB prior to formatting

Hi,

I can only suggest connecting this drive to a PC and using Windows Disk Management to check the drive size.

Plug in the drive.

In Windows 10, right click on the Start Menu and run Disk Management - other versions of Windows will require you to search for this built in application.

Windows Disk Management should show you the correct drive size. If it does not show a 4TB, it's either a mix up at manufacture or some type of nock off unit. If so, return the drive.

Obsessive Power, Mar 12, 2018
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I can only suggest connecting this drive to a PC and using Windows Disk Management to check the drive size.

Plug in the drive.

In Windows 10, right click on the Start Menu and run Disk Management - other versions of Windows will require you to search for this built in application.

Windows Disk Management should show you the correct drive size. If it does not show a 4TB, it's either a mix up at manufacture or some type of nock off unit. If so, return the drive.
  6. Noahgriff Win User

External drives for the XBox One X

e best one apparently - WD 4TB My Passport Portable
  7. VinOth_VingO - வ஠Win User

storage

Hi,

I personally use this one WD 4TB My Passport Portable. Still no issues.
  8. Phoenix_Reins Win User

External hard drive not registering

These are a few that work with Xbox One. Hope this also helps.

WD 4TB My Passport Portable. The best Xbox One external hard drive. ...
    Toshiba 1TB Canvio Basics. Best budget option for Xbox One. ...
    Seagate 2TB/4TB Xbox One Game Drive. The best hard drive if you value the official branding. ...
    Seagate Expansion 8TB. ...
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD.
  9. astroperson Win User

WD My Passport not bring recognised when connecting....

I am curious: have you previously used the WD Smartware utility to password protect/lock the hard drive? My WD Passport does not have a hidden partition, which leads me to believe it does not have a hidden partition when brand new until created by Smartware.
Thema:

1. Brand New 4TB WD Passport reads 1.8TB prior to formatting - Similar Threads - Brand 4TB Passport

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. No game audio on brand new headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on brand new headset: e plugged it in correctly but i cant hear game audio, music, or navigation sounds even though I can hear people talking in party chat and discord. I tried manually adjusting my chat mixer but when...
  4. CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...

in XBoX on Windows
    CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID on the bound device license on brand...: Today I received a replacement of my Lenovo Legion laptop. I began all the installation work to get my admin account registered and get my son’s account associated with new laptop. I signed us...
  5. My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brand new headset keeps powering down immediately after being turned on with a full...: Please address the question above. 0c80b78b-9615-4147-8116-9bebf42d37a6
  6. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  7. Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...: Brand new xbox series x won't update when I first plugged it in and it disconnects the wireless internet to all of the house. 27395d75-fd37-44f3-8b0e-d60fe54bac6c
  8. Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox elite controller 2 warranty expiry: Just bought a brand new xbox elite controller 2 on 4/5/2024 and when I registered it on my Microsoft account, the controller warranty ends on 6/5/2024. Shouldn't it have a warranty of 2 years or...
  9. Brand new Xbox series s with no green band

in XBoX on Windows
    Brand new Xbox series s with no green band: Hi, just bought a new Xbox series s, when I unboxed it the console was wrapped in the usual white wrap but no green band (the power your dreams one), is that usual? Or the box has been opened or...
  10. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...