Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

Discus and support Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lilshlawg, Apr 5, 2024.

1. /u/Lilshlawg
    /u/Lilshlawg Guest

Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic doesn’t does anybody know it could be going on? I feel like I’ve gone through every possible setting on Xbox.

submitted by /u/Lilshlawg
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lilshlawg, Apr 5, 2024
  2. ArtemisVex Win User

Official Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter with earforce dss 2

Yes, it would involve some home electronic fancy schmancy wiring type stuff, soldering irons and a few Burt fingers to get a mic working as well as an headset. You could probably build it from parts from Maplin, but it'd probably be easier to go buy a cheap
    headset with mic included. I just bought myself a pair of standard Philips iphone compatible headphones and they're working with the adapter very nicely. I've also tried standard iPhone 5 headphones, but the mic audio sounded like a swarm of mosquitoes. I
    wouldn't recommend it if you value your hearing.
  3. DougHahn1 Win User

Xbox headset mic not working on Xbox one x

I dont think its the wires, the headset mic works perfectly on Switch
  4. Slimsniffy007 Win User

xbox one-headphones stopped working

If it's a wired headset and out of the 90 day warranty period I would try replacing the 3.5mm headphone jack. We've had 3 controllers stop working with a wired headset. (all other buttons, etc. still worked) I replaced the 3.5mm jack and now have sound
    and mic thru the wired headset! You can find the part on Amazon for around $5.00 USD. Easy fix.

YouTube on how to replace - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ7Q-KREs0w
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Headset series x

If it doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone Jack on a wired headset, any wireless one must say it’s for Dbox, whether it’s a dongle or connects directly. No USB headsets will work, only 3.5mm to the controller or approved wireless models.
  6. MandiLynn Win User

Xbox One / Headset Not Working

I also bought:

Turtle Beach Recon 70 Headset for Xbox One - same issue

and TWO (2) SADES R5 Gaming Headset Headphone 3.5mm Wired Stereo Over-Ear with Mic Volume Control for PC/New Xbox One/PS4/Mac

All 5 headsets do the same thing...
Thema:

1. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t - Similar Threads - Bought wired headset

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  9. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  10. I Just Bought A Wired Controller!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Just Bought A Wired Controller!: so i just bought a wired controller and i got an error saying its going to be BANNED from being used. i don't know if you know this Microsoft BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE DON"T HAVE MONEY TO BUY YOUR...