Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports...

Discus and support Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, I bought my Xbox One (OLD GEN) in Canada but I'm currently in India and I'm looking to use my console. Obviously the voltage is different in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bad_bunny_is_not_bad_87, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports...

Hi guys, I bought my Xbox One (OLD GEN) in Canada but I'm currently in India and I'm looking to use my console. Obviously the voltage is different in India is 220-240v. I need help deciding whether to buy a Power Brick or Power Supply Unit that supports 200-240v for my xbox, or to buy a step down transformer/converter to allow me to use the power brick that came with my xbox one. By the way my console and the power brick that came with it only supports 100-127v.

Please let me hear your suggestions

:)

Bad_bunny_is_not_bad_87, Feb 21, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports 200-240v or step down transformer/converter

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

If you want to use the power brick that came with your Xbox One in India, you will need a step down transformer/converter. This is because the power brick is only designed to support 100-127v, which is lower than the 220-240v standard in India.

A step down transformer will convert the 220-240v input to a 100-127v output, allowing you to use the power brick safely. However, you will need to make sure that the transformer is rated to handle the power requirements of the Xbox One. You should also make sure that the transformer has a suitable plug to connect to your wall outlet in India.

Alternatively, you could purchase a new power supply unit that supports 200-240v. This would allow you to use the Xbox One without a step down transformer, but you would need to purchase a new power supply unit that is compatible with your Xbox One. You should ensure that the new power supply unit has the correct output voltage and current rating for your Xbox One, and that it has a suitable plug to connect to your wall outlet in India.

In general, purchasing a power supply unit that supports 200-240v would be the simpler option, as you would not need to worry about using a step down transformer or converter. However, this may be more expensive than purchasing a transformer, and you would need to ensure that the power supply unit is compatible with your Xbox One model.
  3. FUADJ Win User

Can't redeem Xbox Live Code

Hi, I bought xbox one in Europe and now I moved to Canada. I want to use xbox one here and I know the voltage are different between Europe and Canada. If I buy power supply (PSU), will it work? and can you tell me the input and output details for Canada?
  4. ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿ Win User

Bought Xbox one in Canada need help using it in India

Hello, thank you for your response. Is buying a power brick compatible with indian voltage enough? because my Xbox handles 100-130v and the power brick that I can find online is 200-240v won't it damage my console?

Thank you for your time.
  5. ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿ Win User

If I buy a power brick that supports 200-240v do I have to use a power converter or can I just plug it in the power socket?

What do you think I should do? What do you think is safer? (for the console)

Should I buy a power brick that supports 200-240v Like this one https://www.amazon.in/New-World-Ada...5&hvtargid=pla-877819407517&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi or should I just use a power converter so that I can use the power brick that came with my xbox?

Thank you
  6. John P_14 Win User

A voltage converter or transformer may be required to reduce the voltage from 240V to 110V or 120V. This allows you to use the power supply that came with your Xbox One.
Thema:

Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports...

1. Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports... - Similar Threads - Bought Canada currently

2. Hey, So I am moving to UAE in a few weeks but I bought my Xbox here in Canada do I need to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey, So I am moving to UAE in a few weeks but I bought my Xbox here in Canada do I need to...: Hey, So I am moving to UAE in a few weeks but I bought my Xbox here in Canada do I need to worry about the Xbox getting too much voltage, because the voltage in Canada is 130v in UAE it’s 220v?...
  3. Bought Xbox one in Canada need help using it in India

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox one in Canada need help using it in India: I bought my Xbox One in Canada, I am currently in India the voltage in India differs. Do I need to buy a power brick that supports my current region to keep using my xbox. I am worried about my...
  4. I want to use the Xbox One (Old Gen) that was bought in Canada in India

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to use the Xbox One (Old Gen) that was bought in Canada in India: Hi, I have a Xbox One (Old Gen) that was bought in Canada in 2012. I am currently in India and I have brought my Xbox with me, what do I have to do in order to play? Do I need a step down...
  5. will a Chinese bought XBox one X change when in Canada

in XBoX on Consoles
    will a Chinese bought XBox one X change when in Canada: ok so I just bought an Xbox One X in China and everything is in Chinese and there are a lot of blocks and censorahips. I have looked online and it seems like there is really? nothing I can do....
  6. i bought games for a friend in canada and hes not able to play them or receive them

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought games for a friend in canada and hes not able to play them or receive them: i just wanna get a refund for two games that i bought for a friend in canada who cant receive them it took so many calls and so many searches to find the correct area to even ask a question i see...
  7. If a digital hift card is bought in canada can itb given and used in the usa

in XBoX Accessibility
    If a digital hift card is bought in canada can itb given and used in the usa: If i buy a dihital gift card in canada can j give it to my girlfriend and can she use it in the USA e524b9fe-a374-4b1a-b99d-a890c774ce57
  8. we bought a xbox gold gift card for a person that lives in canada

in XBoX on Consoles
    we bought a xbox gold gift card for a person that lives in canada: cant use it without a CA code...any help? 47767126-b188-48a8-b3de-e6bfbb31c88d
  9. Will my Xbox One X work in 220 volts if I bought it in the Canada (Model 1787 and rating :...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Xbox One X work in 220 volts if I bought it in the Canada (Model 1787 and rating :...: Will my Xbox One X work in 220 volts if I bought it in the Canada? As per Sticker Model 1787 and rating : 110-127/200-240v~2.75/1.3A, 50/60Hz but near the Power Pin point it was written as 125v,...
  10. Will X Box One S bought from Canada need extra power adapter to use in India.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will X Box One S bought from Canada need extra power adapter to use in India.: Hi Team, I have recently purchased X Box One S from Canada and I am planning to use it in India. I have a query about the voltage which we (India 220 volts) use here. I have read few articles...