Bought two copies of Titanfall today for XBox360 so my son and I can play each other

Discus and support Bought two copies of Titanfall today for XBox360 so my son and I can play each other in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought two copies of Titanfall this morning for XBox360, so my son and I can play against each other. We have both wired and wireless networks.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by noeqplease, Apr 8, 2014.

1. noeqplease
    noeqplease Guest

Bought two copies of Titanfall today for XBox360 so my son and I can play each other

Hi,

I bought two copies of Titanfall this morning for XBox360, so my son and I can play against each other.

We have both wired and wireless networks.

What else do we need?

I also just updated my XBox Live Gold account as apparently you HAVE to have this active in order to play.

HOWEVER : Even though I already paid my Gold account...

The game keeps asking for "a gamer profile with multiplayer privileges" in order to play.

Doesn't having XBox Gold automatically get you multiplayer status?

This is very frustrating.

Then, once I have my account set up, what will I need for my son? Another entire XBox Gold account?

This would turn into a very expensive game if so. It better be amazing. Otherwise I'll insult the makes forever.

I've been trying to get this up and running for 3 hours now.

:)

noeqplease, Apr 8, 2014
  2. FraggerMD
    FraggerMD Guest
    2 player chat on same xbox

I and my son ran into the same thing today. I bought us both Logitech headsets for Christmas. We are able to play split screen, and we can talk to other members of our party. But we can't hear each other talk. The headsets block out most outside noise,
    so even though he and I are sitting right next to each other, we can't coordinate with each other in-game.

Microsoft if you're listening, please add an option that allows two people with headsets, playing on the same console, to chat with each other *through* the headsets.

FraggerMD, Apr 8, 2014
  3. Gagnon 17
    Gagnon 17 Guest
    Family Account, 2 Xboxes in home... Halo 4 Maps.. UGH!!

I ave a family account on XBL.. we use only three of the 4 accounts, only my son and I use two.. daughter occasionally the other.

We actually have 2 Xboxes, it alows my son and I to play together on full screens each.

Now we have on games we LOVE bought 2 copies so we can pay at same time.. Halo our most favorite.. SO HERES MY ISSUE

I bought the limited edition of Halo 4 for us. One copy.. this allowed us to get the 3 maps packs and Spartan Ops back end ect.

I also bought a 'standard' copy of Halo 4 for the other machine.

Now I can only play the map packs on the machine the LTD edition is installed in.. is there ANYWAY I can (Legally of course) have both machines with the maps packs so we can play the extra maps together but on different screens?

We have multiple copies of Halo.. and spend 100$ a year on XBL gold.. hoping this is possible and of course legal! I dotn feel like getting banned! lol!

Gagnon 17, Apr 8, 2014
  4. noeqplease
    noeqplease Guest

I checked my XBox 360S to see if it is blocked. It is not.

Yet I do not seem to have multiplayer status.

Why is this?

This certainly sucks. I paid to renew my Gold subscription just to play this game.

noeqplease, Apr 8, 2014
  5. noeqplease
    noeqplease Guest
    I finally got this sorted out.

I needed to re-download my account from the XBox server.

I love how there is literally no information on this anywhere.

Until now.

LOL.

noeqplease, Apr 9, 2014
  6. noeqplease
    noeqplease Guest
    OK,

Now, can we play Titanfall by connecting both XBox 360s directly?

We will find out...

noeqplease, Apr 9, 2014
  7. Probably not... your son is probably going to need a gold account too if you both want to play on individual 360s. I doubt a system link is going to work.

IxAMxSNIPERFROG, Apr 9, 2014
  8. noeqplease
    noeqplease Guest

So it's 60 bucks plus a Gold account in order to even play with another family member.

Way to go Microsuck.

noeqplease, Apr 9, 2014
  9. Well yeah. Playing a game on second console at the same time is going to cost you $60 to buy the second copy of the game. And yes, all multiplayer games require a gold account if you want to play online. None of this is new or individual to Titanfall.

IxAMxSNIPERFROG, Apr 10, 2014
  10. noeqplease
    noeqplease Guest
    Hi,

I have two copes of the game, bought them together. WHat I want to know is if I have to shell out an entire new XBox Live account for my son, or can I include him in mine, as a family member?

There is a way to do it, but it is not at all clear.

I have to do all this :

New email for my son, new Microsoft Account for my son, tie in his gamer profile to his new microsoft account, and THEN pay more for a new Gold account?

Kind of expensive.

As to playing online, Titanfall does NOT allow you to even play the game AT ALL unless you have a GOld account.

So for one person to play it's 60 for the game, plus the Gold account cost as well. Right off the bat.

noeqplease, Apr 10, 2014
  11. MC5EVP
    MC5EVP Guest
    You need a gold account to play multiplayer online. If you want to do that with two consoles at the same time then you need to have a gold account for each one. This has been the case for a long time, as someone stated earlier. Every game on Xbox is like
    that, not just Titanfall. It's the same on Playstation 4 as well, so it's not really exclusive to Microsoft.

MC5EVP, Apr 10, 2014
  12. feihC
    feihC Guest
    Noeq: this is one like the only console game that is online multiplayer only....... There is no single player campaign/story mode which kind of sucks IMO, All games need a story mode so you can just play the game w/o having to be online. I don't really
    like Titanfall for that reason, plus I seem to suck at it and cant really figure out the point of the game other than running around getting killed... Yes you will need 2 gold accounts to play each other. Or share one and play one at a time.

feihC, Apr 12, 2014
  13. Custaflux
    Custaflux Guest

If MS has somebody in Customer Service reading, please feedback that it would be profitable and great for your customers, to allow LAN play where a game host has connected to live.

It would be another great way to service your customers. I would gladly buy another copy of the game if I could play LAN with family and friends at my place.

Custaflux, Jun 8, 2014
  14. Gonzalo.0
    Gonzalo.0 Guest
    You can get Gold sub deals from Amazon for less than $40. Dont pay the rate that MS provides.

Gonzalo.0, Jun 16, 2014
  15. socalscout1
    socalscout1 Guest
    Thanks for posting; I've spend hours untangling first my old and unused MS account just so that I can begin to figure out the profile/gamertag issue so that I can begin to figure out why it doesn't recognize that I have Xbox Live Gold already. MS has the
    worst process for this that I've ever seen, and none of the instructions from MS actually solve the problem.

socalscout1, Nov 1, 2018
  16. Gonzalo.0 Win User

You can get Gold sub deals from Amazon for less than $40. Dont pay the rate that MS provides.
  17. Custaflux Win User

If MS has somebody in Customer Service reading, please feedback that it would be profitable and great for your customers, to allow LAN play where a game host has connected to live.

It would be another great way to service your customers. I would gladly buy another copy of the game if I could play LAN with family and friends at my place.
  18. IxAMxSNIPERFROG Win User

Well yeah. Playing a game on second console at the same time is going to cost you $60 to buy the second copy of the game. And yes, all multiplayer games require a gold account if you want to play online. None of this is new or individual to Titanfall.
  19. IxAMxSNIPERFROG Win User

Probably not... your son is probably going to need a gold account too if you both want to play on individual 360s. I doubt a system link is going to work.
  20. noeqplease Win User

I finally got this sorted out.

I needed to re-download my account from the XBox server.

I love how there is literally no information on this anywhere.

Until now.

LOL.
Thema:

1. Bought two copies of Titanfall today for XBox360 so my son and I can play each other - Similar Threads - Bought copies Titanfall

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23: Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23. Diamond dynasty gives me a network error unable to load game. Moments will not work either 64816268-8673-4dae-986e-1adda268c5ae
  5. I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in...: I bought a physical copy of call of duty black ops 2 for xbox 360 and the game is in German, can I somehow change it to English or Polish? 7726f092-0487-4cb1-98db-1f6e57105010
  6. how do i get my physical disk copy to inststallcompletely i even bought a new xbox one and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i get my physical disk copy to inststallcompletely i even bought a new xbox one and...: how do i stop xbox live saying my disvc needs updste so it will instsll properly this is base game i pkayed before mint confition disc i have digital verdion but thays on a fifferent console...
  7. My friend in the United States bought me a copy of Minecraft, but i, in France, cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend in the United States bought me a copy of Minecraft, but i, in France, cannot...: We've already tried changing our microsoft account's region, but it does not work. Apparently when my friend bought Minecraft Java edition from the microsoft store to gift it to me there was no...
  8. Can I play Microsoft Flight Simulator on my Xbox one But Can I use the copy I bought from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Microsoft Flight Simulator on my Xbox one But Can I use the copy I bought from...: So I am about to get a Xbox one and I want to play Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox. But i have bought it already from the Microsoft Store on my pc. So can I play MFS on my Xbox One But I've...
  9. Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition Physical copy for xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Skyrim Anniversary Edition Physical copy for xbox one.: installed the game and redeemed the code but none of the CC items are showing up... Why? 9f83b091-2bd9-4d5e-90f1-92eab1f4b274
  10. Won't let me download copy of game I bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me download copy of game I bought: I bought gold copy of Dead Island 2 and it will only let me download the normal version e00fd53e-41d0-4157-92ab-a5b55ffe75a7