Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...

Discus and support Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p for a resolution in the XBox One X settings....nor see the Frame Rate options drop down menu under the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KaineKarter, May 30, 2018.

1. KaineKarter
    KaineKarter Guest

Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...

Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p for a resolution in the XBox One X settings....nor see the Frame Rate options drop down menu under the resolutions menu. The only options I have in the XBox One X resolution settings is 720p, 1080p, and 4K UHD.

And before you ask...yes the XBox One X is directly plugged into the TV....without any other devices attached to the TV nor the XBox One X.

:)

KaineKarter, May 30, 2018
  2. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    1440p

What is happening is your Xbox one x is programmed to run off of 4k 2160p or 1080p . If your on auto detect 1440p will see if its compatible at that particular refresh rate. If it cannot use it at that setting it will drop to the 1080p setting. Here's some
    information on the resolutions the Xbox x has available and some trouble shooting to see if you can get it to display.

Troubleshooting Resolutions

XBF Aaron G, May 30, 2018
  3. I Bless U
    I Bless U Guest
    Could the Xbox one x deliver 1080p@120Hz with a patch?

hello I was wondering if, like the Xbox one x can deliver 4k@60fps, if the engine clock is able then to allow lower resolution (1080p &1440p) at higher frame per second? I got theses two monitors Samsung 32’curved cf391 with freesync over HDMI, the Samsung
    28’ ue590d 4k@60hz with HDMI 2.0 (unfortunately with no hdcp2.0 compatibility, so unusable with Netflix 4k on my actual one S). I don’t have the one X yet, but should get it at the end of the month, so I could check on which monitor I prefer it, because I
    rather like more 32’ curved over a flat 28’, and I’m thinking about selling both of them to get the samsung 32’ curved chg70 144Hz @1440p with hcp2.0 hdmi2.1 and quantum dot technology. It also got hdr, but apparently it’s not a great deal as it got only 8
    dimming zone, and gives a washed out impression.

So anyway it will be great if the Xbox one X could possibly and physically deliver higher fps on lower resolution. If, someone, somewhat technical, could explain if that is even possible, that would be great.

And by the way I’m kind of already way happy, that Xbox one x gave support to 1440p, it is such a great news cos I have been hesitating a long time between 4k and 1440p, I will go back to 4k at some point when price will drop down, and when better hdr be
    available for the money.

I Bless U, May 30, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

gds1972, May 31, 2018
  5. Hi,

The Samsung NU8000 is a 4K UHD TV, you won't see 1440P on this display as it's not a supported resolution for this TV.

Even if 1440P (or 2,560 x 1,440) was supported, you won't get better performance on the One X as all enhanced games run at 4K regardless of what resolution is enabled in the options menu. It would only be down-scaled.

Is this what you were looking for, or do you need more help?

Obsessive Power, May 31, 2018
  6. DSmezzer
    DSmezzer Guest
    It is supported. There have been issues getting it to work. It depends on what other options you have turned on or off within the T.V. and X.

DSmezzer, Nov 1, 2018
  7. DSmezzer Win User

Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down menu.

It is supported. There have been issues getting it to work. It depends on what other options you have turned on or off within the T.V. and X.
  8. gds1972 Win User

Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down menu.

9. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The Samsung NU8000 is a 4K UHD TV, you won't see 1440P on this display as it's not a supported resolution for this TV.

Even if 1440P (or 2,560 x 1,440) was supported, you won't get better performance on the One X as all enhanced games run at 4K regardless of what resolution is enabled in the options menu. It would only be down-scaled.

Is this what you were looking for, or do you need more help?
  10. darkist1 Win User

Why is my monitor not letting me select 1440p and 120hz at the same time?

I dont think the Xbox One S can do 1440p at 120hz, only 1080p at 120hz. at 1440p you'll only see 60hz.

Below is a little more information that might help.

120Hz is only available for 1080p and 1440p. If you change your resolution to 4K UHD or 720p, the refresh rate
    will be set to 60Hz by default. If your console is set for 4K UHD and you change your refresh rate to 120Hz, your resolution will be downgraded to the highest resolution available
    for your display.

To take advantage of 120Hz, you'll need an Xbox One X or Xbox One S running the Xbox May 2018 Update. This update is currently limited to a subset of users enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program, ahead of a wider release set for the coming weeks.

Your Xbox One must also be connected to a compatible TV or monitor, which supports refresh rates over 60Hz. High refresh rates must be supported over HDMI 2.0, due to limitations of the Xbox One hardware.

Constraints of HDMI 2.0 also means 120Hz support cannot be used in conjunction with 4K resolution. And bandwidth limitations mean 1440p or 1080p resolution must be used, cutting a few pixels for those extra frames.

But even with the feature, don't expect system-wide improvements. Many Xbox One titles are developed with hardcoded frame-rate limits, set between 30Hz and 60Hz. While some games are developed with uncapped frame rates, expect many games to see no changes.
    We recommend researching your favorite titles for details on frame rate settings.

Because of this resolution drop, the feature isn't recommended for people many with 4K displays. With few games offering 120Hz support on the console, the benefits are limited. But for 1440p or 1080p users, there are advantages.

How to enable Xbox One 120Hz support

To get started with high refresh rates on Xbox One, you'll need to enable the feature on your console. After installing the latest update, follow these steps:

1.Navigate to the Settings app on your Xbox One.

2.Choose the Display & sound tab

3.Select the Video output tile.

4.Open the Refresh rate drop-down menu.

5.Choose 120Hz to increase your refresh rate. (Your console should now output a 120Hz signal.)
  11. KingOfTheRen Win User

Xbox One X won't output 1440p at 120hz

I would look into your monitor and call DELL not Microsoft. I also have a One X and have never had any problems, as soon as select 120hz it automatically drops me down from 4K to 1440p. You must be misunderstanding something about your monitor as there
    must be a defect of some sort or your monitor does not support 1440p at 120hz.

For reference, before responding I booted on both my One X's. One is connected to a Samsung 4K QLED and I had no problem switching from 4k 60 to 1440p 120. My other X is connected via an LG 4K monitor and again when selecting 1440p OR 120hz it automatically
    selects 1440p or 120hz without any issues.
Thema:

1. Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ... - Similar Threads - Bought Samsung NU8000

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  9. Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains: Microsoft Inc. Buys Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai Domains, Signaling Commitment To AI in Gaming submitted by /u/Popular-Sympathy-696 [link] [comments]
  10. Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p on XBox One X nor see Frames Rate drop down ...: Bought Samsung NU8000 TV....cannot select 1440p for a resolution in the XBox One X settings....nor see the Frame Rate options drop down menu under the resolutions menu. The only options I have in...