Bought New Gamertag But Old Gamertag Still Active

Discus and support Bought New Gamertag But Old Gamertag Still Active in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On August 10, 2020... I paid $9.99 for a new gamertag. Since that day, 23 days & counting, I been stuck with the old gamertag dominating my Xbox One X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gamertag101, Sep 3, 2020.

1. gamertag101
    gamertag101 Guest

On August 10, 2020... I paid $9.99 for a new gamertag. Since that day, 23 days & counting, I been stuck with the old gamertag dominating my Xbox One X profile & when I chat in parties.

As my attachments demonstrate, my old gamertag displays on top with bigger, bolder all capitalized letters, while my new gamertag subtly positioned underneath with smaller less bold lettering.

Playing games online, my new gamertag does display, but in party chats my old gamertag displays & it's confusing the players I play with, obviously because the 2 gamertags are so different.

I have contacted support countless times via web chats & phone calls. I must admit customer service is very friendly, however pretend like my issue is something new, that they have no clue what I am talking about. I find it hard to believe I am the only
    one customer experiencing this issue. I have performed every run-of-the-mill procedure as per all their same instructions over & over & over & over & over & you get the picture. I have factory formatted my Xbox One X, Deleted all my friends, deleted everything
    I could delete... No dice. Zero results. Big fat doughnut!

A sincere apology regarding the issue just isn't acceptable, not when Microsoft didn't have any issue billing my credit card for the gamertag change, never has issue for billing my credit card for Game Pass Ultimate. As loyal paying customer, apologies
    are not going to satisfy my expectations. I paid for a service, I should expect that service. I do not want a refund, just the gamertag I paid for... simple.

Bought New Gamertag But Old Gamertag Still Active [​IMG]

Bought New Gamertag But Old Gamertag Still Active [​IMG]

:)

gamertag101, Sep 3, 2020
  2. FantasticBruiser Win User

This is exactly what happened to me but ive been asking since last october for them to give me the gamertag that I paid for they were nice about it but its still not resolved so at this point I give up and this one lady was telling me I have to pay for
    a shorter one nah dude I want the one that I paid for I never understood how they do all these updates and this is so heavily overlooked
  3. FantasticBruiser Win User

This is exactly what happened to me but ive been asking since last october for them to give me the gamertag that I paid for they were nice about it but its still not resolved so at this point I give up and this one lady was telling me I have to pay for
    a shorter one nah dude I want the one that I paid for I never understood how they do all these updates and this is so heavily overlooked
  4. Lyttania Win User

Xbox gamertag name change

is there a way for me to know what gamertags i changed from?

i was sure i changed it a week ago but my old gamertag is still active
  5. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Old xbox360 account

Hi, if a gamertag is suspended for 7 years and no activity is detected, Microsoft deletes it. Maybe it's free again and you can create a new account with the gamertag or it's assigned to the other way. Without credentials you won't be able to access your
    old GT if it still exists
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox console companion

You actually show as having a classic gamertag and a new gamertag. So some areas will still show the old gamertag (classic gamertag).
Thema:

1. Bought New Gamertag But Old Gamertag Still Active - Similar Threads - Bought Gamertag Old

2. I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I...: I bought a gamertag change but my gamertag didn't change, so I bought another assuming I wasn't charged for the first but I was. How can I get a refund for one of them?...
  3. Does a gift card bought with Rewards points allow a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does a gift card bought with Rewards points allow a gamertag change?: I currently want to change my Xbox gamertag. However, it requires a code to be used through gift card payment, which I am unsure if one purchased through the Microsoft Rewards program gives you....
  4. I bought a new Gamertag, was charged but it hasn't changed to new one

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a new Gamertag, was charged but it hasn't changed to new one: I'm not sure if it takes a day or two to update or not but I just want no problems and the name to change ce99c61a-4e7f-42da-b617-083332ca77a0
  5. Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a gamertag and the purchase went through but the name did not.: I bought a gamertag change on xbox and it did not go through. I checked me billing history and it says completed, does anyone know why this happens? Im out 10$ and with no name change...
  6. i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i paid for my gamertag to change and it said i bought a placeholder for the name and didnt...: i paid for mu gamertag to change and it said i "purchased placeholder" how do i access the name i paid for. e1e3eee9-2288-402a-bf58-c2ceb5bf1d50
  7. I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name.: I bought a gamertag change and it charged me and didn't change my name. 5e714d34-a384-4b7c-a790-c8dff42545be
  8. I just bought a series X. I haven't used my gamertag since xbox360, is it still around?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a series X. I haven't used my gamertag since xbox360, is it still around?...: I just bought a series X. I haven't used my gamertag since xbox360, is it still around? Can I get my gamerscore from that account? b748e721-c5b0-4abe-9bd6-cf69021ccc37
  9. I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...: Hello, I've been playing Minecraft for ages now on the java edition. Some of my friends want to play multiplayer but they have the inferior Xbox version. Apparently in order to play with them I...
  10. I bought Xbox One and I want my old Xbox 360 gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox One and I want my old Xbox 360 gamertag: I have a problem with my gamertag, when a login with my email in the new xbox one console apparently a new gamertag is created, instead of continuing with the gamertag I used in the xbox 360, why...