Bought MW2 Disk for PS5, can't play digital on PS4

Discus and support Bought MW2 Disk for PS5, can't play digital on PS4 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Modern Warfare 2 for my PlayStation 5, but I have MW2 installed on my PlayStation 4 Slim but it says "Purchase Modern Warfare 2" and sends... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adaxxus, May 23, 2023.

1. Adaxxus
    Adaxxus Guest

I purchased Modern Warfare 2 for my PlayStation 5, but I have MW2 installed on my PlayStation 4 Slim but it says "Purchase Modern Warfare 2" and sends me to purchase Vault Edition...

Do I have to repurchase MW2 or is there something I'm missing here?

:)

Adaxxus, May 23, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

This is a Microsoft Xbox Comunnity forum. I would advice you to go to PS support.

But if it works the same way as Xbox, then yes, a physical game copy does not give you a digital license and you will have yo buy the digital version if you want to play
  3. ngocphi Win User

XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

Because as mentioned xbox one s does have a disk drive just not yours

Xbox one Xbox one s xbox one x xbox series x ps5 disk edition ps4 ps4 fat ps4 pro ps5 disk edition all have disk drive

Xbox one s digital and series s ps5 digital don't

usb disk drives DONT have security chips that consoles have

When you mean discounts then you mean the retailers are having clearance

Publishers rarely have sales on disk only

And retailers control prices at store not the publishers unless it is a publisher sale which case it would also apply to digital

Stores do this to clear shelfs of low selling games to clear shelf space for higher selling games even at a loss

Stores buy disks from a distributor that money already went to the publisher if the store has 20 copies of a game and they only sold 5 and a hot game comes out and they want to sell a hundred of them for profit they will take a small loss selling 15 for 20% less to make profit on the lesser selling game to makr room for the higher newer game

Digital marketplaces 30% goes to the digital store xbox epic steam etc

And the rest goes to the publisher
  4. ngocphi Win User

Game consoles. Игровые консоли

Really depends on your budget

If you can't afford 399 then don't but even now it's very hard to get a ps5

It is the same spec as the disk based ps5 just without the disk drive

You cannot run ps5 or series sx games on a mechanical or ssd hdd it either has to be a Xbox storage card or a m.2 gen 4x4 drive for ps5 with a heatsink

Ps5 does have more storage then series s

Though at 863gigs but usable is lower then that

Both series s and ps5 digital use compression to save space

To be quite honest if you can get a ps5 digital get it but they are still hard to come by but the series s is still decent and are more common
  5. US Revenge Win User

with the new info, disc or digital?

PS4 isn't digital. requiring install isn't that bad since it plays after it installs a few % BUT disk is still the only option, digital is over priced and you can't trade it in so never digital.
  6. ngocphi Win User

XBOX SERIES S

You cant just as with the ps5 digital you need to repurchase or buy the disk console
Thema:

1. Bought MW2 Disk for PS5, can't play digital on PS4 - Similar Threads - Bought MW2 Disk

2. I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the cross gen bundle for mw3 does that include the game mw2 if i bought the cross...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 65473f14-799e-4336-a818-510f85e39a63
  3. I only bought the vault upgrade from MW3 without MW3 just WZ and MW2 and I don't have the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I only bought the vault upgrade from MW3 without MW3 just WZ and MW2 and I don't have the...: Maybe what I did was something very dumb but I thought I can get the MW2 rewards like the zombie ghost and then the weapons in Battle royale later just by buying the vault upgrade. My question...
  4. I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I...: I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I play and then it kicks me out to the Xbox home screen. I only play online. I got fast internet connection....
  5. I bought mw2 for my xbox one why can't I play it on my series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought mw2 for my xbox one why can't I play it on my series s: I buy Modern Warfare 2 for my Xbox One and I switched to a series s and now I can't play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer or campaign it's trying to make me rebuy it 19998a3c-864e-4f70-8ebd-3d40454c5f49
  6. why cant i download a $60 game i bought on xbox (mw2) on pc feels like i should

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download a $60 game i bought on xbox (mw2) on pc feels like i should: I bought a game (MW2) on my Xbox a little while ago and I'm switching to PC and will I be able to download that game on my PC because when I tried it woudnt let me...
  7. Hi there, I bought call of duty mw2 (latest one) on the PS5 when it roughly came out. It’s...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi there, I bought call of duty mw2 (latest one) on the PS5 when it roughly came out. It’s...: Hi there, I bought call of duty mw2 (latest one) on the PS5 when it roughly came out. It’s now season 5. I bought the cross gen bundle , and now cannot purchase the vault edition. Is there a way I...
  8. Why wont it let me download mw2 on my pc when though i bought it on xbox? I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont it let me download mw2 on my pc when though i bought it on xbox? I need help: So i bought the full 100$ version of modern warfare 2 and was wondering why it wont let me reinstall it 9d4e46c7-dc80-488f-9473-f3eeb8c86747
  9. Can i play mw2 on baatle.net if i bought it on my xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play mw2 on baatle.net if i bought it on my xbox?: Hello, I bought MW2 on my XBox. Now i wanted to play it on my PC. But i cant download it, For example, on battle.net, I have to buy it again. I already connected my XBox Account with the...
  10. I bought MW2 vault edition and content locked up and the whole game seemed to de purchased...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought MW2 vault edition and content locked up and the whole game seemed to de purchased...: I saw that game was on sale and spent 75 dollars >None of the vault edition items were unlocked >Reinstalled and uninstalled the game and most of the content packs actually disappeared so I only...