Bought Minecraft Win10 in Jan '18 but not on my account after Windows reinstall

Discus and support Bought Minecraft Win10 in Jan '18 but not on my account after Windows reinstall in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on Jan. 6, 2018. It came with a code to get Minecraft for Windows 10 at no charge. I've been playing the Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EvenNote, Nov 9, 2021.

1. EvenNote
    EvenNote Guest

I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on Jan. 6, 2018. It came with a code to get Minecraft for Windows 10 at no charge.

I've been playing the Windows 10 version since then. All my achievements are linked to the email address associated with the account I'm posting with here, as are my Minecraft Marketplace purchases.

Thanks to the latest Windows update corrupting my hard drive, I had to reinstall the Windows 10 operating system. I have been trying to reinstall Minecraft for Windows 10 now that the computer is operational again, and whether I log in via Mojang, Microsoft, or Xbox Live, the only option I'm getting is to play only the demo or purchase the game again.

For some reason, the email associated with the PayPal account I used to buy the game DOES appear to own Minecraft for Windows 10... but I've never actually played the game using that account. It has no achievements, no coins, no Minecraft Marketplace content.

"Support" has been NO help. I got some guy who kept interrupting me and then hung up on me and didn't call me back.

I have my original email receipt from Mojang for my purchase of Minecraft Java Edition, dated Jan. 6, 2018, as well as the redemption code for the Windows 10 version, dated Feb. 11, 2018.

Could someone PLEASE help me get this straightened out?

:)

EvenNote, Nov 9, 2021
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Awesome! If the problem happens to present itself again or a new problem develops, please reach out to us by creating a new post.
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello EvenNote,

Reaching out to see if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thank You!
  4. KoboldEven Win User

Editing - YES, for some reason it worked after I rebooted the game a couple of times! Thank you!
  5. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello EvenNote,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your issue.

Try signing into your device with the account that you would like to use and then sign into the Microsoft Store app with the account that now owns the game. Install the game and try launching it to verify that you are signed into the account that you'd like to use and not the account that now owns the game.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Microsoft not sending redemption codes

Hello Char,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We do not send the codes for the Windows 10 edition. These come from Mojang. Here is the steps on how to claim the Windows 10 version.

1. Go to minecraft.net

2. Login with your MC Java account.

3. Click big green "Buy Minecraft" button.

4. You will get a screen saying: You already own Minecraft, and below that, in small text, a link provided to claim your Win10 edition.

5. Follow that link and provide your Win10 (Microsoft) account.

6. Open MS store in Win10, look for Minecraft. It should now say that you own it.

7. Install and play.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Bought Minecraft Win10 in Jan '18 but not on my account after Windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Bought Minecraft Win10

2. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  3. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  4. I bought Minecraft for friends abroad and they cant redeem it, now I want to refund it but...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Minecraft for friends abroad and they cant redeem it, now I want to refund it but...: HELP PLEASE - why is it so hard and frustrating to contact Microsoft support and to get a refund for items bought, and why is there no disclosure that the purchase wont work in another region....
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  7. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  8. Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...: I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and apply them to the newer version of Minecraft or does it not transfer over 7619fa2a-8271-4d5a-bf3f-3721c680b13f
  9. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  10. I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft for win10 but when I tried to sign in it is using the wrong gamertag,...: Hello, I've been playing Minecraft for ages now on the java edition. Some of my friends want to play multiplayer but they have the inferior Xbox version. Apparently in order to play with them I...