Bought Minecraft for W10 through store now i want to install the java version on antoher device

Discus and support Bought Minecraft for W10 through store now i want to install the java version on antoher device in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i bought the W10 version through store, but now i want also to use the java version that you can download from the mojang site. Do i need to pay... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BronzeFormula31, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Bought Minecraft for W10 through store now i want to install the java version on antoher device

Hi i bought the W10 version through store, but now i want also to use the java version that you can download from the mojang site. Do i need to pay again ? or can i get it for free ? If how to do it?

Pls advice

:)

BronzeFormula31, Jun 28, 2017
  2. Help!

So, I got Minecraft for Windows 10 about a year ago, and I want to get the Java Edition on the Minecraft website. I need to buy the game again in order to do that, but I read that if you already have the Java Edition you get it free from the Microsoft Store.
    It really isn't fair that people that already have Java get the W10 version for free but people that already have W10 can't get the Java Edition for free. Microsoft and Mojang, PLEASE fix this.

UnicornPoop6607, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Aksizei
    Aksizei Guest
    Minecraft Windows 10 / Java - How do I go back?

Hello.

I just bought Minecraft through the Windows Store... My intention was to get the Java version, but I only got the W10 Edition...

Since I've played the Java version, I'm very undomfortable trying to find Add-Ons and stuff... I just didn't like this version I got instead of what I was attempting to buy.

I tried logging in to my Mojang account, but even though I bough through Windows Store, it doesn't recognize that I own the game.

Of course, there's no way to find a real person through the "Contact Us" section to get a fluid support. What can I do to get the Java version?

Aksizei, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Bought Minecraft for W10 through store now i want to install the java version on antoher device

Hey there,

Unfortunately, the offer worked the other way around, where if you had or purchased the Java version, you could claim the Windows 10 Store version for free. So, you'll need to pay again I'm afraid.

Skeeter Quill, Jun 28, 2017
  5. I purchased from Minecraft.net first for PC. Your answer sounds like because of this, then I can claim a Win 10 Store version for free. Can you please advise me how to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

KyleCBlanchard, Jul 30, 2017
  6. Why is this? I noticed that the products have very similar pricing.

richarddailey1, Sep 21, 2018
  7. If you do not already own a Java version account you will need to pay for it.

If you already have a java version account download the Minecraft client then login using that account

The Viral Cyrix, Nov 2, 2018
  8. richarddailey1 Win User

Bought Minecraft for W10 through store now i want to install the java version on antoher device

Hey there,

Unfortunately, the offer worked the other way around, where if you had or purchased the Java version, you could claim the Windows 10 Store version for free. So, you'll need to pay again I'm afraid.
    Why is this? I noticed that the products have very similar pricing.
  9. Skeeter Quill Win User

Hey there,

10. The Viral Cyrix Win User

If you do not already own a Java version account you will need to pay for it.

If you already have a java version account download the Minecraft client then login using that account
  11. KyleCBlanchard Win User

Hey there,

I purchased from Minecraft.net first for PC. Your answer sounds like because of this, then I can claim a Win 10 Store version for free. Can you please advise me how to go about this?

Thanks in advance.
  12. Kinglez Win User

My account was charged for game pass for pc and it says i have it but i cant play Minecraft Java

As previously noted. Microsoft owns Minecraft, however Minecraft Java is not a Microsoft or Xbox game. The PC equivalent is “Minecraft Windows 10 edition” the Java version is a separate game not part of Minecraft bedrock, their-for not cross play with other devices.

Xbox owns W10 edition not Java edition
Thema:

1. Bought Minecraft for W10 through store now i want to install the java version on antoher device - Similar Threads - Bought Minecraft W10

2. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  3. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  4. I bought Minecraft for friends abroad and they cant redeem it, now I want to refund it but...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Minecraft for friends abroad and they cant redeem it, now I want to refund it but...: HELP PLEASE - why is it so hard and frustrating to contact Microsoft support and to get a refund for items bought, and why is there no disclosure that the purchase wont work in another region....
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  7. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  8. Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and...: I bought the Minecraft Xbox one edition dic how do I get the texture packs from it and apply them to the newer version of Minecraft or does it not transfer over 7619fa2a-8271-4d5a-bf3f-3721c680b13f
  9. I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the $30 minecraft java and bedrock edition but i can only play bedrock. And it...: I just want to play the game i payed for 2ecbf413-cf31-4fde-8956-dc09756b20b6
  10. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...