Bought game (GTA V) digitally, but will still say I need a disc to play

Discus and support Bought game (GTA V) digitally, but will still say I need a disc to play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought GTA V on the Microsoft store on the Xbox One. It was the premium online edition that includes a certain DLC. The night it finished... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TylerCriso, Oct 22, 2019.

1. TylerCriso
    TylerCriso Guest

I just bought GTA V on the Microsoft store on the Xbox One. It was the premium online edition that includes a certain DLC.

The night it finished installing it worked fine and I was able to play the game for the night, but the next night every time I try to start the game it says I need to insert the disc.

I've tried everything. Spamming the launch button, changing wifi's, hard resetting the Xbox, even reinstalling the game. Nothing seems to work.

Is anyone able to solve this?

Thanks,

Tyler

:)

TylerCriso, Oct 22, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Have you purchased the game under the account you are using or were you gamesharing?
  3. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

Lost GTA 5 disc

Hello robohozo,

I am sorry to hear you have misplaced your disc. Unfortunately, since you play GTA V with a physical disc, you will need that disc in order to continue playing (unless you re-purchase the game digitally on the Xbox Store).

~Blitz
  4. FidCastG Win User

Playing offline in Xbox 360 Slim

Hi, XBF Eladio M

I bought the GTA V on store, it came with the install disc and the play disc. I have a 250G HDD and still don-t letting me game save offline :/.

It tells me that i need to use my gamertag and when i click on it, shows that i also need to sing into Xbox Live...
  5. NMXU Win User

GTA ONLINE

That's a good answer from the posters above me, but GTA Online will just be a free DLC that players will download and then play (of course, you still need the installed game and the game disc for GTA V).
  6. caindlazz420 Win User

Possible solution if your disc is scratched

This is a method which has worked a few times on my scratch GTA V disc which gets stuck at 16%. Start the install, go to the Xbox live store, and go to the game your installing. Your see the display that normally says Buy game, or
    Download/Install, will say the progress of the install instead. When the disc fails to read, go to Games and Apps without closing the Store (i.e. through the Home button options). Eject the disc while the install is still paused. And then cancel the install
    through the Games and Apps. Press B till you return to the Xbox live store that should still be on the game you where installing. Now the option is “Download”. Press it and the game downloads as if it’s a digital copy.

I can’t confirm this works on anything but GTA V, I do know however you will still need the disc to launch the game as it picks up on the fact you don’t digitally own it if you try to launch without the disc.
Thema:

1. Bought game (GTA V) digitally, but will still say I need a disc to play - Similar Threads - Bought game GTA

2. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  3. i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought the xbox game pass for pc online from xbox official site but after installing the...: it displays launching the xbox app screen for a long time but then it says something went wrong try the update again and error code is 0x80070057 please assist quickly my game pass subscription...
  4. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  5. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  6. Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont it let me play gta online even tho i bought the game? Its telling me i need Gamepass: I bought gta and now it wont let me play without game pass 1c81bae1-42db-4c08-8391-e998408a2b82
  7. My GTA SA is not working I bought this game on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA SA is not working I bought this game on Xbox 360: When I go to play the game it asks do I own it? I bought this game on Xbox 360 for sure I have it downloaded on the Xbox one how else could I not have owned the game and have achievements. Is...
  8. I have a x box one game console. gta 5 bought the game. continuous freezing in the game....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a x box one game console. gta 5 bought the game. continuous freezing in the game....: I have a x box one game console. gta 5 bought the game. continuous freezing in the game. I want to return the game b89366e6-fa03-425e-85fb-a8bb7d5d873c
  9. GTA V game error when I bought it off marketplace please help!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V game error when I bought it off marketplace please help!!: I bought GTA V in January of this year and I just got my HDD and I have deleted and downloaded it multiple times and when I try and load the game I get the Disc Unreadable screen....
  10. I bought the GTA game and I can not install it either on the console or on the pen. What ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought the GTA game and I can not install it either on the console or on the pen. What ...: My name is Diego. Can someone help me ? I bought the GTA game and I can not install it either on the console or on the pen. What should i do? 0b701268-69d8-4dc0-8875-e1ba1a2b7b2b