Bought disc and game don't play

Discus and support Bought disc and game don't play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought modern warfare and installed the disc . Every time I go to play it it says i do not own the game . $60 says i do ! I've installed it over and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rev j.jones, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Rev j.jones
    Rev j.jones Guest

I bought modern warfare and installed the disc . Every time I go to play it it says i do not own the game . $60 says i do ! I've installed it over and over and it still don't work .

:)

Rev j.jones, Jan 8, 2021
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Suddenly getting 0x82D40007 on one game, the rest work fine.

I'm sorry, what should be fixed? If you bought the game on disc, then you'll need the disc in to play the game. That has always been the policy. If you don't want to use the disc, you would purchase it digitally.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

I AM NOT BUYING XBOX ONE

^^ garbage games don't deserve to be bought new. 5 hour long games don't deserve to be bought new. Games with disc locked content don't deserve to be bought new.
  4. IRB Win User

Forza Horizon - Play Anywhere issue

All my purchases don't show in my history for some reason but I bought the game on a disc. Is that the problem?
    Yes. Only digital copies are play anywhere
  5. Droppit Win User

Smart Delivery Series S

Thank you for the reply.

The FAQ states the following:

• If you’re playing from disc on Xbox Series X|S, you’ll need to keep the disc inserted to play that game.
    This implies if I bought a disc and installed on my xbox one, I would require the disc to play on my Series S. However the Series s is discless. I don't understand how a physical disc can state smart delivery for the Series S.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

I am a noob when it comes to this .

Discs don't show up in the ready to install after they've been uninstalled. The ready to install is for digitally owned games only, its basically your digital games library.

You have to install a game off a disc manually and then reinstall it with the disc of you want to play it again after deleting it. If you want to reinstall a deleted game that was bought digitally it would be in your ready to install.

The disc also needs to be in the console when you play it. Lol.
Thema:

1. Bought disc and game don't play - Similar Threads - Bought disc game

2. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  3. How to get a game I bought in disc on my Xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get a game I bought in disc on my Xbox series s: So I bought madden 20 on disc & I switched to a Xbox series s and they said the upgrade was free to get your games back that you bought on disc so how would I get my madden on my Xbox series s...
  4. Downloading a game bought on disc from a different region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading a game bought on disc from a different region: Hello, I recently purchased a used copy of Call of Duty: WWII in the United States. By default, the North American version includes English and French only. Thing is, I would really rather play...
  5. Disc problem for specific game Hello I bought the series X and it’s an excellent console but

in XboX Insiders
    Disc problem for specific game Hello I bought the series X and it’s an excellent console but: Hello I bought the series X and it’s an excellent console everything is working perfect, all discs go in and download the game but I am having a problem with Skyrim and only Skyrim. I tried the...
  6. Have I bought a counterfeit game disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have I bought a counterfeit game disc?: With both my boys packed off to University, the house was suddenly devoid of any gaming kit, so I picked up an Xbox One for peanuts for the occasional blast of COD, FIFA etc. Needed a deep clean...
  7. Disc bought game, but now asking for £60 digital payment to play in full???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc bought game, but now asking for £60 digital payment to play in full???: My son bought modern warfare on disc at xmas and has played it plenty online, campaign multiplayer and co-op. Since there has been a new update for modern warfare ( Warzone) it says he now has to...
  8. Bought disc (with DLC) after playing Game Pass version. Won't install game from disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought disc (with DLC) after playing Game Pass version. Won't install game from disc and...: How do I get rid of the game pass version (Fallout New Vegas, if it matters) so that I can play from disc and access the DLC? The DLC is installed, but game shows "Game Pass" on launch screen and...
  9. Bought game (GTA V) digitally, but will still say I need a disc to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game (GTA V) digitally, but will still say I need a disc to play: I just bought GTA V on the Microsoft store on the Xbox One. It was the premium online edition that includes a certain DLC. The night it finished installing it worked fine and I was able to play...
  10. Downloaded Game from Store, then bought DLC Disc - can't access disc contents

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Game from Store, then bought DLC Disc - can't access disc contents: I originally purchased a Backward compatible version of DragonAge Origins from the MS store. It was free with the option of downloading extra content for a price. Fine. Got some free DLC, paid...