Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected

Discus and support Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So My xbox would say that the usb connection is too weak use a different port and my usual method didnt work so I ordered a new chord once it was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Illshoota47, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Illshoota47
    Illshoota47 Guest

Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected

So My xbox would say that the usb connection is too weak use a different port and my usual method didnt work so I ordered a new chord once it was delivered I set up my system and it worked and identified the device I opened up a game and once it loaded I clicked on spotify the system froze and shut off. I turned it back on eventually and I noticed it had not read any of the games on my hard drive now a few days later Its still not reading the device I looked in settings its not there but I notice my library shows the games on the hard drive but they need to be downloaded any suggestions or methods?

:)

Illshoota47, Jun 13, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi, thanks for the additional information.

If the other external drive works just fine, please try formatting the one with the issue by using your PC.
    Once formatted, connect it to your console and format it one more time in order to store games.
  3. Illshoota47 Win User

Hello,

I believe this drive identifies as a gaming drive as I plugged it into my Laptop and it identified it as a Gaming Drive. As far as my system goes I will try a different external drive
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello ILLSHOOTA47, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

Let's try to sort this out, however, before that I need more information from you:

Are you able to connect a different external drive to your console and test if the same inconvenience occurs?
    Is this drive a designed for Xbox drive, or it's a regular external drive?
    Lastly, if you connect the drive to a PC, is the PC able to recognize it?
  5. Rage Warrior Win User

EXTERNAL HARDRIVE

6. MRUncle Win User

Hard Drive Upgrades

In the support sections for Xbox there is mention of taking games you no longer use or use not so much and load them onto USB drives. In my limited hardware knowledge larger hard drives require advanced software for storing information on these 4 TB hard
    drives. I do not know if there are any driver updates that will let your system see and use this "Advanced Hard Drive" I revert to using a WD- external drive connected to my router to store extra data on. Granted it is only an outdated 1TB drive but it is
    the router that supports the external drive and is seen differently by my older Laptops. It is not seen as an external hard drive but as an media device and might be why my older devices can use it for storage where they cant use an external or internal 1TB
    drive in the same way.

I share this to you as a possible work around. If you have a device that in fact can use the 4TB hard drive maybe your Xbox can than store information on that drive with granted access to it through the device that can see the 4TB Drive. Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Bought a new usb chord for my WD 4Tb External hard drive and now it wont say if it is connected - Similar Threads - Bought usb chord

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. I bought a sd card can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to store and play game off the sd card

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a sd card can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to store and play game off the sd card: I bought an sd card thinking it would work on my phone but my phone doesn't have a sd card slot can I use a sd to usb 3.0 adapter to get it working on xbox one by the way it is a 256gb sd card...
  9. Hi, I bought a razor headset and it has a usb end to it, I bought an adapter and when I try...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I bought a razor headset and it has a usb end to it, I bought an adapter and when I try...: The razor headset has usb end to it and I already have an adapter, it just doesn't work b70cd45b-c0b1-4134-8842-d60e9f2df3e0
  10. Bought a USB headset that claims it works on Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a USB headset that claims it works on Xbox.: It's a Rampage Alpha-X. Every store that sells it, and the box it came in claims it's compatible with Xbox. Plugged it in, turned the console on, and nothing. Did i get taken by false advertising?...