Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

Discus and support Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Charles SN, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Charles SN
    Charles SN Guest

Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it...

Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there?

:)

Charles SN, Aug 1, 2023
  2. SSJ MAURO Win User

Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it won't play there. How can I get it to play there?

We are sorry for the misunderstanding sir, this is an open forum and external users can reply to this conversations.

Our suggestion was to mirror your PC to the TV so you can watch the movie because it is not possible using chromecast and there is no app from the cellphone that allows it as welll. If you are looking for a different way please contact support:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/

Thanks in advance.
  3. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Charles you can watch movies with the Microsoft Movies and TV app on your device. Also you can stream media by casting it to a device.
  4. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Charles *.

My name is Mauricio am an Xbox ambassador and also part of the Xbox community.

Please:
    Go to Microsoft Store app, choose Setting then Downloads, My Library or Puchased to look for your movies to download them.

Thanks
  5. SSJ MAURO Win User

Hi Charles you can watch movies with the Microsoft Movies and TV app on your device. Also you can stream media by casting it to a device.
    Hi again. I wish you could explain to me how to do this. My TV displays our cable on HDMI1. We have our Google Chromecast device connected to HDMI2. When we want to stream content from our phones or laptops, we switch the TV to HDMI2, and the streaming apps connect automatically. When I try to stream this Microsoft movie (Sorcerer, 1977) to the Chromecast on HDMI2, it says it can't connect. Likewise, just trying to cast it to the TV via HDMI1 does not connect, either. The only other ports available are InputAV1 and InputComponent, neither of which have a device connected, but the movie will not connect or cast to either of those. Please help me to be able to cast this movie from my Surface laptop to my Chromecast (in HDMI2 port on Samsung Smart TV). Also, is there any way I can access the movie on my Samsung S21 smart phone?

If you are using Microsoft Movies and TV it is not compatible with Chromecast as a workaround you can mirror your computer to your tv that should work, for Samsung smart phones I will recommend to contact their support site for more information, curently there is no app for android to watch them.
  6. Charles SN Win User

Hi again. I wish you could explain to me how to do this. My TV displays our cable on HDMI1. We have our Google Chromecast device connected to HDMI2. When we want to stream content from our phones or laptops, we switch the TV to HDMI2, and the streaming apps connect automatically. When I try to stream this Microsoft movie (Sorcerer, 1977) to the Chromecast on HDMI2, it says it can't connect. Likewise, just trying to cast it to the TV via HDMI1 does not connect, either. The only other ports available are InputAV1 and InputComponent, neither of which have a device connected, but the movie will not connect or cast to either of those. Please help me to be able to cast this movie from my Surface laptop to my Chromecast (in HDMI2 port on Samsung Smart TV). Also, is there any way I can access the movie on my Samsung S21 smart phone?
Thema:

1. Bought a movie on Microsoft expecting to be able to play it on Movies Anywhere app, but it... - Similar Threads - Bought movie Microsoft

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...: I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere app and it only shows a couple movies (not all) and no yugioh? Any help?...
  7. I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing. How can I...: I bought a movie purchased movie and the audio is alternate actors, like dubbing but its british. How can I change this back? fa50eb90-64f7-427b-968e-b84378f19980
  8. I bought a movie through Xbox, how do I watch it on my phone or tablet?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a movie through Xbox, how do I watch it on my phone or tablet?: As the title says, I bought a movie through the Xbox store. I'm connected through movies anywhere (Xbox movies and TV), but it won't show up on my phone or my tablet. The only way I can watch it...
  9. Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Do movies bought through Microsoft film and tv support Dolby Atmos? Super Mario bros in...: No other movies purchased show Dolby Atmos availability either. Sent from Australia. a7fa4951-f217-4555-97bd-e41affa74ab8
  10. Bought a movie and i watched ut and now it’s gone

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a movie and i watched ut and now it’s gone: Bought a movie and I watched it then the next day it says buy it again d546a798-b184-4b20-8bb6-a3ca2174dd37