Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.

Discus and support Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Noah Butler, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Noah Butler
    Noah Butler Guest

Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even registers I end up having to click these face buttons multiple times until I finally get some sort of output. I've done a bit of research and found that this seems to be a common issue, even my friend has the exact same issue but just with the a button. Some responses to this issue were making sure the controller was up to date on updates, which it is, and some saying to open it up and spray wd40 on contacts. Is there any other way of fixing this as I don't feel like opening up this controller so I don't risk messing it up.

:)

Noah Butler, Nov 27, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To power cycle your controller:
    1. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    2. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

Before you try other solutions, first inspect your controller to make sure that it's clean, nothing is lodged in the thumbsticks or buttons, and that there's no damage. It is recommend to disconnect your controller before cleaning it.

Check if there's an update available for your controller. If there is one, update your controller.

For more details and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

I hope this helps.
  3. mrood Win User

3 new elite controllers are not working, how to fix

hi

ive bought 2 new core elite controllers. These 3 have been binned

regARDS
  4. Smwutches Win User

Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme here in India and was seeking help to communicate the same to you all seeking advice on future steps

Yes, the 1 year is for a brand new console and the Elite Series 2 controllers.
  5. TimmyHD Win User

Is it normal for both analog sticks to be pulled up and pushed down a bit on a new xbox Controller

I have no problem with the standard series X and X box one pads

but my Elite Series 2 has a lot of stick issues and the tension tighten tool

thing was not in the sealed box with the new core controller

despite it being on the box it should be include, my pad replaced

the broken Black one which came with everything but broke the

next day I am hoping the Elite Series 3 is better, it would be nice

if they did a version with advanced chat audio and EQ like

one of the Branded Licenced controllers do, but hey gone off topic a bit.
  6. KngDavd Win User

No reviews showing up for new games past several weeks since update?

Yeah, it really sucks that the store is having all these issues. On top of all this, I now have a controller issue on live recently. My Xbox one x and one s stop synching with controllers at random times and I've looked on reddit xbox forums and it's
    a big issue for several people. When your playing a game online with a brand new elite series 2 controller and get kicked out of game because of xbox live issues it sucks real bad....
Thema:

1. Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues. - Similar Threads - Bought brand Elite

2. Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new xbox and plugged it in and it started to do the initial update. After...: Brand new xbox series x won't update when I first plugged it in and it disconnects the wireless internet to all of the house. 27395d75-fd37-44f3-8b0e-d60fe54bac6c
  3. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  4. i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i...: i bought a brand new controller today but the warranty was already expired when i registered the device, please help e25fb6c8-96cd-4377-bc75-ab0905de5e28
  5. Just bought a brand new headset and it worked for one day and now not turning on after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought a brand new headset and it worked for one day and now not turning on after...: Had the headset for one day it worked for one day now all of a sudden won’t turn on the light won’t even turn on when charging I already tried to reset it so I don’t want to hear that. I bought a...
  6. Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box: I have just received an Xbox series x. I have it connected to the Wi-Fi via Ethernet and for some reason it won’t stay connected for longer than 2 minutes? I use this same cable for my ps5 which...
  7. I bought a controller brand new from walmart yesterday on t he 4th, I registered it this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a controller brand new from walmart yesterday on t he 4th, I registered it this...: I am wondering if walmart possibly sold me a used controller as new 7349af94-c4b7-4f43-b5f7-a2f11692681e
  8. i bought a brand new xbox series x and A/C Valhalla brand new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought a brand new xbox series x and A/C Valhalla brand new: Now everytime i take the disc out and play another game the next time I put Valhalla disc in it needs to reinstall all 110 GB BACK, seven times now its happened. Any help with this?...
  9. I bought a brand new xbox elite series 2 controller and it wont changer what do I do I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a brand new xbox elite series 2 controller and it wont changer what do I do I am...: New controller wont charger 5ed455f7-9a23-4d34-8084-f27c65042490
  10. Bought a brand-new Xbox Series X from Amazon, but warranty started 4 months ago?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand-new Xbox Series X from Amazon, but warranty started 4 months ago?: Hello everyone! It is my first post here, as well as my first time ever owning an Xbox. Needless to say, I am thrilled to be a part of a new community. However, ever since I have discovered the...