bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking...

Discus and support bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can hear the sounds on the Xbox screen but can’t see them. cefced86-dea6-473f-946a-8e414487ecdb Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Dietrich2, Jan 9, 2024.

1. bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking...

I can hear the sounds on the Xbox screen but can’t see them.

:)

Michael Dietrich2, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Michael Dietrich2 Win User

bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking signal? What do i do

The monitor runs max resolution at 1920 x 1080. 1 ms response time and has hdmi 1.4 ports
  3. Courtney Todd Win User

bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking signal? What do i do

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  4. Courtney Todd Win User

If you have an HDMI cable higher than 1.4 it should also work, I recommend changing the monitor's Hz to 120 or less for it to work correctly.

You can also read your monitor's manual to change the monitor's Hz.
  5. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Michael, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

What resolution does your monitor work at? Make sure you use an HDMI 2.1 cable, you also need to keep in mind that the Xbox Series S console supports a maximum of 120 Hz. Try setting your monitor to 120hz from the monitor menu.

Otherwise, you should contact the manufacturer to see if it is a manufacturing defect in the monitor.

I hope this information has been useful to you.

Greetings,
    Courtney.
  6. Michael Dietrich2 Win User

Ok so you recommend buying a HDMI 1.4 cord for my Xbox
Thema:

bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking...

1. bought 170hz monitor but when plugging it in to my series s via hdmi I get an overlocking... - Similar Threads - bought 170hz monitor

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  6. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  9. Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft has bought Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai domains: Microsoft Inc. Buys Xbox.ai and XboxOne.ai Domains, Signaling Commitment To AI in Gaming submitted by /u/Popular-Sympathy-696 [link] [comments]
  10. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...