Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller.

Discus and support Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. My friend gave me his old xbox controller, and both of the triggers are saying pressed when they are in fact not. I have tried a ton of things,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ebmx220, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Ebmx220
    Ebmx220 Guest

Hi. My friend gave me his old xbox controller, and both of the triggers are saying pressed when they are in fact not. I have tried a ton of things, even taking the whole controller apart, but I think it's a goner. Any thoughts?

:)

Ebmx220, Feb 7, 2024
  2. StefoneER Win User

Xbox Controller not working on Minecraft Bedrock on PC

I found the controller is inputting both controller inputs, and keyboard inputs. So by pressing A to jump, Minecraft recognizes both the press of A on the controller and either Tab or Return, as for me both were mapped on my keyboard. By binding jump to a different keyboard key, I was able to open chat again. Same for crouch and other double mapped buttons.

I would like to know how to change the sensitivity of the triggers, as my controller left trigger places multiple blocks very rapidly when I only want to place one.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

xbox trigger functionality

Please check if the computer registers the controller's trigger as an analogue axis properly.

To do that, open your Start menu and type "control" to show the control panel app.

Open the Control panel and in the search bar in the upper right, type "Game" and open the control panel for Game controllers.

Find your connected controller and test the controller.

Check that the gauges move if you press the Triggers. Make sure that the gauge really moves according to how much you press the trigger.

The trigger is not an on/off thing, but an analogue input, like a throttle or brake pedal in a car. The more you press it, the higher the value the controller sends to the PC.

And if a game uses the trigger as a digital switch (like the trigger of a gun), it might be that due to miscalibration the trigger doesn't reach the value threshold for it to register as being "pressed".
  4. ExcaIibur Win User

Ready to install section vanished

Go to my games/apps, then holding both the left and right triggers down you simply press the x button on the controller and all the games will re-appear.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One controller on PC - triggers don't work

Do the triggers work when you test them in Windows?

In Windows 8.1 search for your controllers by typing in USB in the search box. Select 'Set up USB Game Controllers'. In the next window, click on the 'Properties' button. Pressing the triggers should show the Z Axis going up and down - depending on what trigger
    is pressed. If the Z Axis does not move, there is something wrong with your controller.

Whether the triggers will work in your game, depends on whether the game you are playing supports the triggers or not. Games that support the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller natively will support the triggers, other games may not.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

HDMI and Av Help!!

You have audio but no video? When you say reset to factory defaults do you mean this, turn the console on using the guide button on a controller, as the console boots up press and hold Y and the right trigger on the controller.

Please ensure you have your hdmi cable connected to both the console and tv when you are trying anything.
Thema:

1. Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller. - Similar Threads - Both triggers saying

2. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  3. Partner Center: I have two apps, I want to interchange their names. Both of them are published

in XBoX on Windows
    Partner Center: I have two apps, I want to interchange their names. Both of them are published: Hi I have App 1 which was named as AppA. I changed it to APP HD. Even after publishing with new app name, the old name shows as Currently In Use. I want to delete this old name from App 1 and use...
  4. One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?: So this is something that’s given me issues in the past and I’ve been having troubles with it now that I’ve upgraded to an Xbox Series X. On my Xbox One, I had 2 profiles under the same email and...
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?: Hi, so recently me and a couple of my friends just played Xbox on cloud gaming on Chromebooks and I was wondering, I just recently reset my password. Will this log me out of both All of my devices...
  7. Can see both mine craft capes in my Microsoft order history but not in my actual account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can see both mine craft capes in my Microsoft order history but not in my actual account.: Hello, following the recent drop of two capes given out via Tik Tok and twitch for Minecraft, I attempted to get these myself too but upon activating the code through Minecrafts website, it...
  8. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...
  9. Left trigger acts as both triggers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left trigger acts as both triggers: I have a wired controller, when I push the left trigger it gives a right trigger input 70% of the time and a left trigger input sometimes. I looked at the controller test page and the left trigger...
  10. Both Trigger Buttons (LT,RT) for xbox one controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both Trigger Buttons (LT,RT) for xbox one controller not working: Both Trigger Buttons (LT,RT) for xbox one controller not working. I''d like to fix this without replacing the controller. 3e082a34-74e4-4427-87b8-9f071febc714