Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress

Discus and support Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have have the following situation Playing on an Xbox One X The Xbox One X console is set to my home console I have my original Xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SmolderedWheat, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress

I have have the following situation

• Playing on an Xbox One X
    • The Xbox One X console is set to my home console
    • I have my original Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 game
    • I am subscribed to Xbox Game Pass
    I inserted the disc and it installed the compatibility install. My profile is the subscriber to the Xbox One Game Pass. When I play Borderlands 2 it states that I am online with Xbox live.

I have another profile for my kid and when he trys to the play the game under his profile it states he is not connected to Xbox Live. He played until level 7 and none of his progress was saved not even locally.

How can my kid's profile save his progress under his own profile?

Does this mean he now needs a subscription too for backward compatibility? Or does Borderlands 2 only work with one profile on Xbox one x?

:)

SmolderedWheat, Aug 25, 2023
  2. SmolderedWheat Win User

It is connected to the Internet.

I was able to get it to work through a random actions. It made no sense, I had to reboot a few times. The two profiles that I did get to work did not have xbox360 profiles to begin with so I am not sure if that was an issue as well. One profile I did get added it did not save his progress so he had to start over again. I last my progress as well from when I initially played it on Xbox 360, I guess. You can't save multiple games with different characters.

In short "compatibility" varies

No further follow up is required.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello SmolderedWheat,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you would like answers to the query: save progress and backward compatibility of Borderlands 2, and how game works in Xbox One X. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

For the concern about progress under his own profile, you may guide him to check it on their profile on this link under achievements: https://account.xbox.com/profile

In that case, the game - Borderlands 2, is part of backward compatibility where you have had your account linked to Xbox 360. The only time the game will require Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is when you try online multiplayer. See this link: Buy Borderlands 2 | Xbox.

[​IMG]

This game if installed by the home Xbox user, the other profiles added on that Xbox app should be able to access the games and content when you’re not signed in. However, since your son is unable to connect to Xbox live, you will have to check the Xbox console have issues with Xbox network:

• Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
    • Select Network and Network Settings.
    • Look for NAT Type.
    • Please reply with a screenshot or picture of the Xbox Network.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. DamonT65 Win User

Borderlands 2 disconnects when playing remotely

Xbox one s and an Xbox one x. Playing Borderlands 2 remotely
  5. CrownRoyalNana Win User

Losing saved game data

My XBox One is always connected to the internet. My Borderlands 2 game will not save properly. I make sure to save the game, go back to the First screen of the game, then go to the XBox One Home page, with the game as the largest tile, I select Menu, then
    Quit. I remain connected but my game does not save to the Cloud. Until this is fixed, I'm going back to playing Borderlands 2 on my XBox 360. At least there, I know I'll have my saved game.
  6. KentMURPHY97 Win User

Borderlands 2 -- unable to save progress

Hi there, I recently had the same problem with BL2 on my Xbox one as well. I tried all the same things you've listed above. however, had no resolve. I also unplugged/disconnected my Ethernet and Wi-Fi from my Xbox in an attempt to
    resync the cloud once the system restarted and I haven't had any issues since. Let me know if this works at all! if you've already resolved the issue then happy gaming, my friend!
Thema:

1. Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress - Similar Threads - Borderlands Saving game

2. The "0xc000007b" error keeps showing up when I try to play Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel.

in XBoX on Windows
    The "0xc000007b" error keeps showing up when I try to play Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel.: Hello, I write to you because this error keeps showing up and i have done everything and its not going away. I have Reboot Windows, Enabled the .NET Framework Feature, Ran Program as an...
  3. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  4. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  5. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  6. Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GOTY (digital) Xbox One spiderant shutdown issue!: So I have been experiencing the same issue spoken of in this discussion, which was about 3y ago, so it seems it has still not been fixed! I’ll try the suggested fixes & report back…...
  7. Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 1 isn't showing up in the store for my brother: So I bought the first Borderlands game on the Microsoft store for Xbox 360 on my series X and its nowhere to be found on the Microsoft store for my brother, only all the other games. Why is this?...
  8. How do I fix borderlands 2 handsome jack collection multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix borderlands 2 handsome jack collection multiplayer: Hi, whenever me and friends try and play the xbox one version or borderlands 2 online it simply does not work. It says connection issues when I have no connection issues at all present. I'm quite...
  9. Borderlands 3 game crash caused me to lose most of my gear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 3 game crash caused me to lose most of my gear: Is there any way I could get my gear back maybe by reverting the save I was doing some inventory management on my max level and I had all the gear I wanted to keep except what I had equipped then...
  10. Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.: Just bought an Xbox One and began downloading compatible Xbox 360 games. I ran into a problem with Borderlands for the Xbox 360. I have the GotY Edition (2 disc version). For some reason the...