Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.

Discus and support Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've had a few occasions since the latest patch, powering the system on only shows the Hi Notification but the screen remains blank/black. No... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/oogravyoo72, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.

I've had a few occasions since the latest patch, powering the system on only shows the Hi Notification but the screen remains blank/black. No controller inputs seem to work besides one that I'll get to in a sec.

Powering the system down with the console power button and brining it back up seems to fix the issue. But I also found that after your Hi Notification you can hit the Xbox button on the controller to get the dash to come up. It seems the system is hanging and not finishing after the Hi Notification because hitting the Xbox button you can hear the audio and then the dash pops up.

This is in the process of being submitted.

submitted by /u/oogravyoo72
    [link] [comments]

/u/oogravyoo72, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Misses Quinzel Win User

Black Screen Upon Start Up

Hey, Radical!

Sorry to see any issues you are running into. It sounds like your console just needs to be reset every few days. Having the console set to Instant On is like having your PC in sleep mode; once it starts to get sluggish, you normally restart your PC, right?
    Same situation.

The best way to avoid this scenario, besides having it set to Energy Saving mode, is to make sure your console is plugged into the wall directly instead of any surge protectors or extension cables. If that doesn't help you out, you can give this

troubleshooter page
    a shot. Most of it is really basic stuff, but test out the things you haven't done yet, then get back to us on how that works! :)
  3. UnyoBro Win User

TU4 Patch Notes - Expected Release 10/4

"Fixed a rare crash (black screen) on Xbox 360: Upon booting up the game and attempting to reach the title screen, players will now be able to get to title screen to recover their save games"

I really hope this fixes the black hole glitch. The wording is a little weird and there's other black screen crash issues out there. People on BSN are holding their breath though. Thanks for the heads up Arkham I kinda gave up checking.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox won't show up on the T.V.

Socis the Xbox getting stuck upon start up or is it starting up, but the tv screen is blank?

Did you try a new HDMI cable? Can you try it on a different tv?
  5. Christopher McKibben Win User

Cannot load anything. Will not boot up completely....please help

The reformat finally took. I started setting up the xbox, the time zone , instant on, etc. then "Home took too long to startup" and "Viveo took too long to start up" and It sat at a black blank screen. Now I'm trying to boot back up and it took 5 minutes,
    but the Xbox splash screen is now up and has been up for 10 minutes. It's not locked up, the dots under Xbox One are moving, just nothing else happening.
  6. Llamadeus Win User

XBOX ONE HDMI problem

I'm having this same issue. I boot up the Xbox and I get the normal green boot screen, but when the system goes to load the OS I get a black screen with no sound. I was playing Destiny and NBA 2K15 just fine yesterday, but when I went to start it up today
    this issue sprung up.
Thema:

Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up.

1. Boot up issues. Black/blank screen upon start up. - Similar Threads - Boot issues Black

2. Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...: Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I tried booting it up in low resolution mode. This seems to be the best method to fix it when looking up guides etc, but there was...
  3. What is booting

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is booting: Was playing Fortnite with my friends then a friend or my friend joins and after a while threatens to "boot" me and that hes done it before. a239cee1-eca4-4aa0-88b7-30a0024f127e
  4. cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING: cannot access secure boot i wanted to put it on so i can play valorant but i cant its fully grayed out i have an ASUS tuf gaming f15 laptop if that helps i will provide a picture if needed...
  5. My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?: My brothers Xbox stopped working a few months back. It was slowing down, not popping up the home menu, and eventually just wouldn’t show anything other than a black screen. After a few months, he...
  6. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  7. xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s: I've experienced a huge issue on my xbox series x, where no games that are optimised for x/s will load up. They get as far as the splash screen then freeze and crash. Games that this has been...
  8. Help. Computer not working booting or anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help. Computer not working booting or anything: My son’s computer stopped working. Not exactly sure what he did. I originally got the BSOD. I was advised to remove the CMOS battery to reset everything but now i go straight through to the viglen...
  9. Any suggestions for installation problems, booting up issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any suggestions for installation problems, booting up issues: Hey my Xbox has recently started acting up it randomly stops installing games when downloading, delete games if the game needs an update, and sometimes won’t boot up properly, it would show an...
  10. Series X boot issue w/Samsung Q70A

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X boot issue w/Samsung Q70A: Nothing has changed with this setup for over 6 months now and has been used almost daily. Recently my wife's Xbox has refused to wake from sleep. It has to be powered on with the front panel...