Boot and startup issues

Discus and support Boot and startup issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason my X1 sometimes will not load BF4, will continually go back to home screen. Also the tv will not always turn on when everything else... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BurnsieNH, Jan 7, 2014.

1. BurnsieNH
    BurnsieNH Guest

Boot and startup issues

For some reason my X1 sometimes will not load BF4, will continually go back to home screen. Also the tv will not always turn on when everything else does and the cable box, even though it is on, does not show any picture in TV feature. The only way I have
    been able to figure out how to get them all to work again is to disconnect the power cord from X1 and wait 10 seconds and plug back in. The X1 will reboot and most of the time everything will work again. Is this happening to others? Is it common? Are they
    aware. And hopefully planning on fixing. I am pretty sure it's not the greatest thing for X1 to be continually unplugged and replugged back in again

:)

BurnsieNH, Jan 7, 2014
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Where can I donwload Xbox Wireless Adapter (old b/g) Driver? I lost the CD.......

reboot the xbox or clear system cache goto system settings and set startup to boot from CD

ngocphi, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Halo 5 not working for me anymore??? Actually nothing works for me....

How do I do that?

Yes

SpartanPro123, Jan 7, 2014
  4. JefCambel Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC: Games not launching

Hey, so when you say I disable certain applications do I have to manually select them (and find which ones to disable for that matter) or do I choose a boot/startup option.

I have no idea what applications I'd disable or if I just disable all of them and whether or not that will cause issues with my PC.

I am given the option to alter the way my PC boots up from Boot Options in the Boot section, I'm pretty sure anything from there will not solve my issue but who knows. The other options I am given are Normal Startup, Diagnostic Startup, and Selective Startup where I can choose to stop Load system services and or stop Load startup items.

Cheers.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox One X Turns off immediately during boot up

Hey there John!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to boot up your console.

If your console doesn't boot up even to the home screen, then I would suggest trying the steps outlined in our

Xbox One Startup Error Solution.

When you get a chance, give the steps there a go and let us know how that helped at resolvingthe issue.

Thanks
  6. CarTzy Win User

Bad Audio Quality In Xbox Game Bar

Hello Joseph Stelow,

Sending feedback or reporting this issue to Xbox is a good idea.

With regards to the lag spike, performing a clean boot may fix startup issues. While running clean boot, your PC is running in a minimal state. If your OS is installed on an SSD, lag should be minimal to almost none. Just make sure you disable all startup apps from the task manager.
  7. Lucas Lauer Win User

Pc gamepass games stutter with any input from mouse or keyboard.

You can try to perform a clean boot on Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This is similar to starting Windows in Safe Mode, but provides you more control over which services and programs run at startup.

Try to run your games after a clean boot and see if the lag issue still persists.
  8. ngocphi Win User

Where can I donwload Xbox Wireless Adapter (old b/g) Driver? I lost the CD.......

reboot the xbox or clear system cache goto system settings and set startup to boot from CD
Thema:

Boot and startup issues

1. Boot and startup issues - Similar Threads - Boot startup issues

2. Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...: Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I tried booting it up in low resolution mode. This seems to be the best method to fix it when looking up guides etc, but there was...
  3. What is booting

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is booting: Was playing Fortnite with my friends then a friend or my friend joins and after a while threatens to "boot" me and that hes done it before. a239cee1-eca4-4aa0-88b7-30a0024f127e
  4. cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING: cannot access secure boot i wanted to put it on so i can play valorant but i cant its fully grayed out i have an ASUS tuf gaming f15 laptop if that helps i will provide a picture if needed...
  5. My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox boots to a black screen after my brother put his account on it. How do I fix?: My brothers Xbox stopped working a few months back. It was slowing down, not popping up the home menu, and eventually just wouldn’t show anything other than a black screen. After a few months, he...
  6. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  7. xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s: I've experienced a huge issue on my xbox series x, where no games that are optimised for x/s will load up. They get as far as the splash screen then freeze and crash. Games that this has been...
  8. Xbox one s makes startup sound but will not boot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s makes startup sound but will not boot.: Hello, My Xbox one s has been experiencing an issue where, on pressing the power button, it makes the regular sound but then quickly turns off and never displays anything on screen. I’ve tried...
  9. Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 crashes on startup. I've tried booting it in safe mode but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 crashes on startup. I've tried booting it in safe mode but...: Hi, Since today I'm having a problem starting Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Whenever the blue loading bar is almost full, the game crashes out of nowhere. I also tried starting the game in safe...
  10. XBOX Series X startup / boot screen temporarily freezes, goes black, and restarts itself...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X startup / boot screen temporarily freezes, goes black, and restarts itself...: Do any of you with an XBOX Series X | S console have this problem? Powering on the XBOX Series X, or Series S for that matter, the XBOX logo / boot sequence plays, and then it freezes, the power...