Bluetooth & Wireless controllers - Help needed

Discus and support Bluetooth & Wireless controllers - Help needed in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey there. This is a request for support to any knowledgeable users and/or staff, that can hopefully help me solve this situation. It's related to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheDuchessGH, Jul 26, 2018.

1. TheDuchessGH
    TheDuchessGH Guest

Hey there. This is a request for support to any knowledgeable users and/or staff, that can hopefully help me solve this situation.

It's related to Windows 10 and a Wireless controller, that I'm attempting to connect to my computer.

So here's a brief description of everything I've attempted and the specifics of the case.

• The controller in question is a white Xbox One wireless controller, that supports bluetooth in a PC. Meaning it's the one with the 'on' button located in the 'face' of the controller. This means it's compatible.
    • Windows 10 with all the updates installed, so it can hardly be lack of compatible / up-to-date software.
    • Controller works splendidly when connected with USB cable. It's entirely up-to-date as well, thanks to Xbox Accessories.
    • I've attempted many times to connect it using the official guide and other guides written by people and published online. The main manner to connect it appears to be going to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices; ensuring
      Bluetooth is connected (it is) and the add device -> Xbox controllers (and some others). A window pops up saying it's searching for Bluetooth devices... but nothing ever shows no matter what I do. I also always make sure to activate the controller and the
      Wireless signal button in the back until it begins flashing.
    I've ran out of ideas on what to do. I'd really enjoy experiencing PC gaming with a wireless controller.

Does anybody have any faint hint of a clue what could possibly be wrong, and how to fix my issue?

Very much appreciated.

:)

TheDuchessGH, Jul 26, 2018
  2. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Customizable Xbox One controllers announced

Just so you know, Major Nelson said these controllers are the new controllers that include Bluetooth. So they will sync to your PC via Bluetooth without the need to purchase the wireless dongle.

IndieRock, Jul 26, 2018
  3. GregVerrall
    GregVerrall Guest
    Wireless technology?

Thanks for that, however I need to know the wireless connections for the 360 and One as well.

Does the "S" use wifi and bluetooth of just bluetooth for controller connections?

GregVerrall, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest

Does this controller work with your XBox? The reason I asked is trying to determine whether the issue is a setting on the PC or the controller itself when it comes to wireless connectivity.

Saeleth, Aug 2, 2018
  5. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Sucemoilabite, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: