Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset

Discus and support Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to use my new Xbox Wireless Headset, already appaired to my series X, on my computer (using bluetooth). Most of the time everything... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Leeraken, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Leeraken
    Leeraken Guest

Hello,

I tried to use my new Xbox Wireless Headset, already appaired to my series X, on my computer (using bluetooth).

Most of the time everything work fine. The two devices are connected simultaneously and i have a great stereo sound coming from both.

But when i want to engage some vocal chat : On my computer, to use microphone AND still earing sound i have to switch audio source from "Xbox stereo" to "Xbox hand-free AG", which is basicaly a mono sound.

I had the same problem with my other bluetooth headset on computer, and i read it's a limitation from bluetooth on computer (Everything work fine on series X but it use a proprietary connection protocol). Anyway i'm looking for a way to use my headset with both audio and microphone on stereo quality.

It's not a mater of sound parameters. I spent 2 hours trying to configure it, Xbox hand-free AG is the only audio source i can use to get both sound and mic.

I'm considering buying the official Wireless adapter for Windows 10. If i'm right it will allow me to use the proprietary connection protocol on my computer (on W10) instead of bluetooth. Do you think i can use it to get both stereo audio and microphone on PC ?

Bonus question : do the "double tab to switch device" work from Xbox Xireless Headset like it does for Controllers ? It would be great to be able to switch easily from Computer to Series X.

Thank you !

:)

Leeraken, Jun 27, 2023
  2. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

New Bluetooth headsets for Xbox One S? What COMPLETELY WIRELESS Bluetooth headset will you be using?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Bluetooth in the new controllers is only for connecting the controller to a PC. Nothing more.

Experience the enhanced comfort and feel of the new Xbox Wireless Controller, featuring a sleek, streamlined design and textured grip. Enjoy custom button mapping and up to twice the wireless range. Plug in any compatible headset with the 3.5mm stereo
    headset jack. And with Bluetooth® technology, play your favorite games on Windows 10 PC and tablets.
  3. xAl Sah Him Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset on PC

I have Same problem.

I think that this headset dont work on pc like on xbox. I tried to connect it with the xbox wireless adapter and , it works, both are enable to use, stereo and mic, BUT, i have problems when i activate dolby atmos or windows sonic. The sound failed sometimes.

The solutions that i used was, connect the headset in two devices, Bluetooth ,to use stereo with dolby atmos and wireless adapter for mic.

Sorry my english.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi Leeraken,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hello Leeraken,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

To answer your question, Yes, you can use the Xbox Wireless Headset on your PC with both stereo audio and microphone. You can use either the headset’s 3.5mm cable option, Bluetooth option, or by using an Xbox Wireless USB dongle add-on for your PC. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows is a good option for you to use the proprietary connection protocol on your computer (on W10) instead of Bluetooth.

Regarding your bonus question, the “double tap to switch device” feature is available on the Xbox Wireless Headset. You can switch between two devices that are connected to the headset by double-tapping the pairing button.

You may visit and check this article for more details and information. Xbox Wireless Headset FAQ | Xbox Support.

To connect your Xbox Wireless Headset to your PC, you can follow these steps:

1. Be sure that both the headset and console are powered on.
    2. Press and hold the green power button on the headset (located on the back of the left earcup) for 4 seconds.
    3. Press the Pair button on your console (this is the same button you use to pair a wireless controller with your console).
    4. When the headset and console connect with each other, you’ll hear a tone.
    5. Alternatively, you can connect the headset to your PC using Bluetooth 4.2+ or through the Wireless Adapter for Windows (sold separately). You can also use the headset’s 3.5mm cable option.

We hope this was able to clear up any confusion this might have caused.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  6. Smith55js Win User

Black Wireless Headset and White Xbox

Is the headset switched to Xbox mode? The new Microsoft bluetooth/xbox wireless headsets work in either bluetooth or xbox mode, but not both at the same time. You need to make sure it's in Xbox mode to pair it with your Xbox console.

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-bluetooth-wireless-headset
Thema:

1. Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset - Similar Threads - Bluetooth stereo Wireless

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  4. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after: I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically...
  5. Bluetooth microphone not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Bluetooth microphone not working: I am using bluetooth headphones with a bluetooth transmitter. My headset has a microphone built into them but for some reason my microphone wont work. I can hear everything else through my headset...
  6. Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth: My xbox elite model 1 controller wont even show up on bluetooth. It has new batteries its literally against next to bluetooth adapter, i tried reseting controller and pc many times and it just...
  7. Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable: Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't recognize it The problem doesn't come from...
  8. No Bluetooth Stereo Audio While Playing Video Games. Please Help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Bluetooth Stereo Audio While Playing Video Games. Please Help.: PC Summary: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz Nvidia 2070 Super 8gb 32gb ram latest Nvidia driver installed: 496.76. Windows 11 Issue: No audio from WH-1000xm4 headphones (or...
  9. Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter integrated with Bluetooth: It will be nice to have a Stereo audio adapter integrate with a Bluetooth so you can connect a wide variety of Bluetooth devices to it and control the devices through Xbox settings like if you...
  10. Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset? Can I connect this to my XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset? Can I connect this to my XBOX 360: I have a pair of Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset and I have had them for a while now and was wondering if I can connect them to my XBOX 360 S. I want to use them while...