Blue Screen caused by KERENEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT

Discus and support Blue Screen caused by KERENEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i close Ea fc 24, my laptop crashes and shows the KERENEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT error Ive introduced the dump file into WinDBG and this is what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crispincin, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Crispincin
    Crispincin Guest

When i close Ea fc 24, my laptop crashes and shows the KERENEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT error
    Ive introduced the dump file into WinDBG and this is what i got: 4: kd> !analyze -v
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT (20)
    The key data item is the thread's APC disable count.
    If this is non-zero, then this is the source of the problem.
    The APC disable count is decremented each time a driver calls
    KeEnterCriticalRegion, FsRtlEnterFileSystem, or acquires a mutex. The APC
    disable count is incremented each time a driver calls KeLeaveCriticalRegion,
    FsRtlExitFileSystem, or KeReleaseMutex. Since these calls should always be in
    pairs, this value should be zero when a thread exits. A negative value
    indicates that a driver has disabled APC calls without re-enabling them. A
    positive value indicates that the reverse is true.
    If you ever see this error, be very suspicious of all drivers installed on the
    machine -- especially unusual or non-standard drivers. Third party file
    system redirectors are especially suspicious since they do not generally
    receive the heavy duty testing that NTFS, FAT, RDR, etc receive.
    This current IRQL should also be 0. If it is not, that a driver's
    cancellation routine can cause this BugCheck by returning at an elevated
    IRQL. Always attempt to note what you were doing/closing at the
    time of the crash, and note all of the installed drivers at the time of
    the crash. This symptom is usually a severe bug in a third party
    driver.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000000, The address of the APC found pending during exit.
    Arg2: 000000000000ffff, The thread's APC disable count
    Arg3: 0000000000000000, The current IRQL
    Arg4: 0000000000000001

Debugging Details:
    ------------------

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec
    Value: 2733

Key : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec
    Value: 2750

Key : Analysis.IO.Other.Mb
    Value: 0

Key : Analysis.IO.Read.Mb

Key : Analysis.IO.Write.Mb
    Value: 3

Key : Analysis.Init.CPU.mSec
    Value: 718

Key : Analysis.Init.Elapsed.mSec
    Value: 5655

Key : Analysis.Memory.CommitPeak.Mb
    Value: 99

Key : Bugcheck.Code.KiBugCheckData
    Value: 0x20

Key : Bugcheck.Code.LegacyAPI
    Value: 0x20

Key : Failure.Bucket
    Value: 0x20_NULLAPC_KAPC_NEGATIVE_nt!PspExitThread

Key : Failure.Hash
    Value: {fcbbc787-b7cc-0ca4-c274-c788b86a9951}

Key : Hypervisor.Enlightenments.Value

Key : Hypervisor.Enlightenments.ValueHex

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.AnyHypervisorPresent

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.ApicEnlightened

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.ApicVirtualizationAvailable
    Value: 1

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.AsyncMemoryHint

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.CoreSchedulerRequested

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.CpuManager

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.DeprecateAutoEoi

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.DynamicCpuDisabled

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.Epf

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.ExtendedProcessorMasks

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.HardwareMbecAvailable
    Value: 1

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.MaxBankNumber

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.MemoryZeroingControl

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.NoExtendedRangeFlush

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.NoNonArchCoreSharing

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.Phase0InitDone

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.PowerSchedulerQos

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.RootScheduler

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.SynicAvailable

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.UseQpcBias

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.Value
    Value: 16908288

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.ValueHex
    Value: 1020000

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.VpAssistPage

Key : Hypervisor.Flags.VsmAvailable

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.AccessStats

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.CrashdumpEnlightened

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.CreateVirtualProcessor

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.DisableHyperthreading

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.HostTimelineSync

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.HypervisorDebuggingEnabled

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.IsHyperV

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.LivedumpEnlightened

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.MapDeviceInterrupt

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.MceEnlightened

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.Nested

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.StartLogicalProcessor

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.Value

Key : Hypervisor.RootFlags.ValueHex

Key : SecureKernel.HalpHvciEnabled

Key : WER.OS.Branch
    Value: vb_release

Key : WER.OS.Version
    Value: 10.0.19041.1

BUGCHECK_CODE: 20

BUGCHECK_P1: 0

BUGCHECK_P2: ffff

BUGCHECK_P3: 0

BUGCHECK_P4: 1

FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMP

BLACKBOXBSD: 1 (!blackboxbsd)

BLACKBOXNTFS: 1 (!blackboxntfs)

BLACKBOXPNP: 1 (!blackboxpnp)

BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1

PROCESS_NAME: System

STACK_TEXT:
    ffffe106`90ac7338 fffff807`0ee154fe : 00000000`00000020 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
    ffffe106`90ac7340 fffff807`0ecbeea3 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspExitThread+0x1667e6
    ffffe106`90ac7440 fffff807`0ecbe4a4 : ffff8004`ebbb8080 00000000`00000080 fffff807`0ed5cea0 ffff8004`bc8c00c0 : nt!PspTerminateThreadByPointer+0x53
    ffffe106`90ac7480 fffff807`0ed5cee8 : ffff8004`bcde5000 00000000`00000000 00000000`000000f4 00000000`00000000 : nt!PsTerminateSystemThread+0x24
    ffffe106`90ac74b0 fffff807`0e90e6f5 : ffff8004`ebbb8080 fffff807`0ed5cea0 ffffe507`ee5a3100 001fe4ff`bd9bbfff : nt!IopThreadStart+0x48
    ffffe106`90ac7510 fffff807`0ea06278 : ffffbf80`ba0eb180 ffff8004`ebbb8080 fffff807`0e90e6a0 00000000`00002358 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x55
    ffffe106`90ac7560 00000000`00000000 : ffffe106`90ac8000 ffffe106`90ac1000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x28

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!PspExitThread+1667e6

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 1667e6

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x20_NULLAPC_KAPC_NEGATIVE_nt!PspExitThread

OS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR: vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {fcbbc787-b7cc-0ca4-c274-c788b86a9951}

What can i do?? please help

:)

Crispincin, Oct 28, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

The KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT error is a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that occurs when an asynchronous procedure call (APC) is still pending when a thread exits. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including:

• Corrupted system files: If system files are corrupted, it can cause the operating system to malfunction and lead to BSOD errors.
    • Outdated or incompatible device drivers: Outdated or incompatible device drivers can also cause BSOD errors, especially when the drivers are trying to access hardware that is no longer available or has changed.
    • Hardware failure: Faulty hardware, such as RAM, hard drive, or motherboard, can also cause BSOD errors.
    • Malware infection: Malware infections can damage system files and cause other problems that can lead to BSOD errors.
    Things to try:

• Run a system scan: Use a built-in Windows tool called System File Checker (SFC) to scan for and repair corrupted system files.
    • Update your drivers: Make sure that all of your device drivers are up to date. You can use a driver updater tool to do this automatically.
    • Run a RAM test: Use a memory diagnostic tool to test your RAM for errors.
    • Scan for malware: Use an antivirus program to scan your system for malware infections.
    • Update Windows: Make sure that Windows is up to date with the latest security patches and updates.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox PC Beta after dowloading games to seperate drive than windows, I have had to re-install windows 10 twice due to errors.

Blue screen errors can be caused by a number of issues. Usually it's because your drivers for your hardware (Graphics, Sound, network, Bluetooth etc, etc) are out of date, try updating them. It might stop the blue screen happening.

You have to remember also that the Xbox app is currently in beta, and can cause issues with peoples systems.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

BSOD When installing Xbox App games

A Windows blue screen stop error, more widely know as a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) can be caused by lots of different issues. Most common of which are incorrect/corrupt drivers or perhaps a hardware fault.

Can you please provide more details of the error such as screenshot or what the stop error actually says on screen?
  5. Keam Tream Win User

Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet" (URGENT PROBLEM)

I'll also mention though that I am getting a few blue screens every now and then, so don't know if this is the cause of the problem, but I highly doubt it
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

encountered blue screen error, what is posible cause?

Hi Nikko88, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues

Are you launching the game via the Xbox App?

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Then, please, uninstall the current Graphic Card drivers.

Open the Device Manager window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Device Manager".

Select Display Adapter > Right-click the device, and click Uninstall Device > OK

Then, restart your PC.

Then enter your graphics card manufacturer page (I will list NVIDIA and AMD if you use one of them), and download and install the latest drivers.

https://www.nvidia.com/geforce/drivers/

https://www.amd.com/support

Let me know if it works!
Thema:

1. Blue Screen caused by KERENEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT - Similar Threads - Blue Screen caused

2. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  3. My screen is blue?

in XBoX on Windows
    My screen is blue?: So i turn on my xbox and the screen turns on and all of the screen is blue or some other shade. I can still see the games but i can barely read what they say. How do i fix this?...
  4. Blue pixles all over my screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue pixles all over my screen: I keep getting blue pixels all over my screen and i looked if it was the tv but its only my xbox and the pixels only show on dark parts of the screen like if I'm playing a game and its dark the...
  5. I keep Blue screening when I try to launch any game.

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep Blue screening when I try to launch any game.: Every time I launch into Fortnite I receive a blue screen of death withe the error code "Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap" or "Client_watchdog_timeout" Here are the minidump files:...
  6. My Xbox screen is blue while I can hear the apps running In the back. What is this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox screen is blue while I can hear the apps running In the back. What is this?: My Xbox screen is dark blue while I can hear my Xbox make noises when I click on something but I can’t see anything at all c2f8a5c0-1ffd-4d0c-b461-297190db415f
  7. blue screen?

in XBoX Accessibility
    blue screen?: i woke up today and went to get on my xbox and my screen is a cyan/blue color and it's not my tv or hdmi? please help ! 79b34852-b506-41cc-bcea-159bb73ba21f
  8. I am getting a blue screen now do I fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting a blue screen now do I fix this problem: I need help on how to fix the blue screen 99a3d3f0-12bd-40d7-a87f-aa329ffa3587
  9. Blue Screen when im downloading games from EpicGames launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blue Screen when im downloading games from EpicGames launcher: Hello,first of all please sorry if my gramma is bad,english is not my main language for talking...anyway a week ago ive done new system on computer,ive downloaded Epicgames launcher,Battle.net...
  10. i try tun ark and a blue screen comes up loading the game and it just closes the window and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i try tun ark and a blue screen comes up loading the game and it just closes the window and...: i try tun ark and a blue screen comes up loading the game and it just closes the window and wont load 984d3fe2-9c28-49b5-a633-731d4a8b4267